• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Any other Australians starting from SJDPP in October 2013?

Wyvernsridge

Alex from Australia
Time of past OR future Camino
CF-Oct 2013; CN-Sep 2015; CF-Apr 2015
CP-Sep 2022
Should be arriving there on 4 October, ready to start the next day! :)

I live in Yass, NSW [near Canberra] and will be flying with Korea Air to get to Madrid, then the train to Pamplona and finally the minibus to SJDPP. I'm a keen photographer and speak fluent Spanish.

Please let me know if anybody else is travelling at about that time.

cheers

Alex

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hi Alex
My 28 yr old daughter and myself (54) currently living in Townsville but from western NSW - starting from SJP on 1st Oct. We will be slow! I'm sure you'll catch us!!
Hope we meet. All the best Have a great Way!

Alex and Jennifer:

My brother and I will be right on your heels as we leave out of SJPP on 7 Oct. We are planning to complete the Camino and arrive in SdC on either 7 or 8 Nov. So depending on your speeds we may catch up with you by or before Leon. We are planning for a rest day (layover) in Leon on 25-26 Oct, which is also the weekend that Europe has it's daylight savings time change (fall back an hour on Sunday at 0200).

FYI... there is a forecasted Penumbral Lunar Eclipse set for 18 Oct. and a Solar Eclipse set for 3 Nov., both partial visible from Spain during our piligrimage.

Best wishes to you and Buen Camino.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Good to hear there will be other Aussies on the track at about that time.
For my part, I intend to take a few days off here and there as I am in no rush. My wife is joining me in Madrid on 19 Nov, so I only have to get to Santiago a couple of days before then :)

Thanks for the heads-up about the lunar and solar eclipse! I think there will also be a comet to flag our path at about that time.

Hi Jennifer, Alex & Bama.
I am another Aussie who will be on the path leaving SJDPP on September 24 and arriving on October 23 in Santiago. I will be travelling alone (even though I do realise that you are never alone on the way) and looking forward to meeting whoever will be travelling at that same time. Alex, I am sure those making the journey will appreciate having you around as maybe, like me, they do not speak Spanish and are a little daunted about communicating with locals.

Buen Camino - Happy Travelling
Di

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
G' Day Di! I live in Alabama now and will fly from Atlanta to Madrid.

Sorry we'll miss you as you will be long gone by the time me brother and I reach Santiago.

Be sure to leave several shrimp on the barbie in Santiago for us!

Cheers and Buen Camino!

I will be at SJPDP on 1st October with my South African friend Suzanne. See you guys on the road. I am from Sydney.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi Jennifer,
I live on the Gold Coast and will be flying out of Brisbane to Paris on 21st September. Sounds like there will be quite a few Aussies on the way Sept/Oct. Cheers to All!

Hi Alex,
My wife and I will be walking from SJPP sometime in October but probably a week or so behind you.
I notice that there is a "group" that meets regularly in Canberra. http://canberracamino.webs.com
Hope all goes well for your camino.
Buen Camino
Col

Thanks Col! Yes, I attended the last meeting of the Canberra Group. I look forward to at least two more before my trip.

Good to hear that you guys will not be too far behind. I intend to take a few rest days here and there, so we may catch up.

see you on the Camino!

Alex

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi Alex

I was at the last Canberra meeting too, but I don't think we had a chance to chat. I will be going to the next meeting, but will take a spell after that - Yass is a lot closer to Canberra than Cowra!

Greetings Everyone. I will be starting from SJDPP on October first (after spending a week fattening up in New York City).

I live in Sydney and would love to make catch-up with anyone else in the vicinity planning on doing the walk.

Buen Camino to all

Sam

Wyvernsridge said:
I'm a keen photographer and speak fluent Spanish.

Alex

Wow! Someone living in Yass who speaks fluent Spanish. Los cerezos (en particular los blancos) son muy bueno en verano en todo el Camino.
And excuse the crappy translation (I'm not fluent).
Have a great time.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Kanga said:
Wyvernsridge said:
I'm a keen photographer and speak fluent Spanish.

Alex

Wow! Someone living in Yass who speaks fluent Spanish. Los cerezos (en particular los blancos) son muy bueno en verano en todo el Camino.
And excuse the crappy translation (I'm not fluent).
Have a great time.

Gracias Kanga! Me encantan las cerezas :)

chau!

Alex

I will be starting between September 29th and October 1st. I am an artist, and also speak fluent spanish...hope to see you there.

-Lucinda

Hi Alex,

I'll be starting my Camino on the 6th or 7th of October. Hope to catch up with you along the way!

Bon Camino

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back