• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Any other forum members in Santiago?

Time of past OR future Camino
2006 to date: Over 21 Caminos. See signature line
Ran into Wolverine up near Ivar´s place this morning. We had coffee and a great chat!

Anybody else in Santiago from the forum?

Picked up my walking gear and bought Wolverine´s Altus Poncho (I may have turned to the dark side) since she´s headed home.

Tomorrow I´m on my way to ...the Peaceable Kingdom ...Hooray!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Yes, that was a nice chat!! I got to the travel center about 30 minutes before it opened, so I popped into the bar next door for a coffee. A few minutes later, a pilgrim walks in with a forum patch on her backpack!! YAY!

I don´t know if anyone else is in Santiago though, but I think Portia is a day or two away, maybe even coming in sometime today.

Annie, did you get to the Pilgrim Mass today? They swung the butefumiero & it went right over my head! :shock:

Kelly

I arrived in Santiago early this afternoon after a long slog through the rain from Santa Irene. I am at the monastery albergue tonight. Anyone going to be around on Wednesday? Not sure when I´ll get back into internet access but I would love to meet other forum members.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi all,
I too am in Santiago - enjoying the rain - okay maybe sun would be better but a nod to you all online if I don´t run into you in person.
I´m heading to London tomorrow and then on to Nice to visit my son and his wife for 10 days.
Incidentally - not having noticed Ivar´s offer to set up flights back, I spent a lot of time online and then went to a travel agent to arrange my ticket. She mentioned that flights out of A Coruña are cheaper right now than flights out of Santiago. A Coruña is just under an hour away by bus or train (5.50 Euros by train and there are several each day). And what I learned by looking at a city map of A Coruña is that they have the oldest working Roman lighthouse - built in about 2AD but restored much more recently.
Okay that´s all I know for now.
Be well all of you.
Cecelia (Vancouver Canada)
Oh yes - one more thing - no bedbugs encountered between Leon and O´Cebreiro!

Portia & Cecelia, I am leaving tonight for Madrid at 9;30. My friends & I are going to Asia Express for dinner (probably early around 7, to give me time to catch the bus to the bus station after getting my things from our hotel). Asia Express is along Rua Franco, towards the end as you walk away from the cathedral. They serve Thai & Turkish food....very good...the owner now recognizes us.... :lol:

Anyway, I´m wearing a light blue jacket & will be with 2 Kiwis, Mark & Tracy...Mark is quite tall, dark haired, & has a moustache & beard. If you can join us, please do!!

Kelly

Darn! I was in Santiago from 5Oct until today! I would have loved to have met some others from the Forum! I had my patch on my backpack but I didn't see anyone with the patch from SJPdP to Santiago and I started on 06Sep. I was in the Camino Travel Centre on 05Oct and met Frank. He was a great help booking my flights to Marseille...thanks Frank, everything worked out and I was allowed to check my walking stick I got in SJPdP on Rynair.
Thank you to everyone who helped on this forum with their suggestions.
I will post a summary later when I decompress a bit after I get back to Canada.
Everyone else who is about to start your Camino, just enjoy it...you only get one "first Camino"!
Bill

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Re: Any other forum members in Santiago? dinner together etc

Hi Kelly,
Darn - I didn't go back to my email and so missed your invitation. I would have loved to have joined you (all). Maybe next time <grin>
Hope everyone had a safe trip back and that the camino continues to live in your hearts, making subtle and positive changes to your lives.
Happiness
Cecelia

Most read last week in this forum

Watching the weather for my April 26-May 1 walk. Too early to see the future, and now my question: Disposable ponchos( maybe 2) or more reliable poncho? Just carrying a very small backpack( bags...
Hi Everyone, This is kind of embarassing! I am leaving in 2 days, for my 3rd Camino and will primarily be walking the Camino Frances in April. My previous Caminos have been in June and June/July...
if needed, can I purchase a rain poncho along my upcoming route from Tui to Santiago de compostela? As I watch the weather forecast for April 25-May 1st it appears TODAY that there will be very...
I will be starting my walk in May 2024. I will have my iphone with t-mobile service, which works fine in most of Europe. My question is for those of you who have been on this route, and had your...
Preparing from Tasmania (island state of Australia) to walk about a month of the VP at my slow pace (maybe average 15km/day) with just the essentials on my back (so currently obsessed with the...
Hi All, Rachel from UK here. I walked part of the Camino in 2019 (6days from Pamplona). Last year I walked Frances until Leon. 2024 is the route to Santiago. Any tips from Leon to Santiago...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back