• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Any past or future pilgrims in the Top End?

Donna Sch

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
VdLP-Sanabres-Fisterra '15; Levante-Invierno '19
I'm based in Darwin and am always down for a conversation on all things Camino. Anyone want to meet for coffee?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I'm based in Darwin and am always down for a conversation on all things Camino. Anyone want to meet for coffee?
thought for a minute the Top End was up here in Yurp! :) :) Good luck anyways! Had my first Covid jab yesterday and second due inside 12 weeks. The church is closed so cant do my 20 pence candle and the bookies is closed so cant do a humble bet to fund my camino but I CAN drink coffee and my new batch of Uruba and good red wine is coming on nicely. I totter along to the supermarket for necessities and that's my exercise. I do my nam myohs of an evening to speed the defeat of this wretched virus and am going to treat myself to David G's book on Pilgrimage. I intend to harangue God at least twice a day until I set foot in Iberia again :) Meet for coffee? Lets have a mental rave up with continental distancing!!

Yours in bedlam

Samarkand.

PS Buen Camino :)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
We can have coffee here, but no other Camino addicts to share it with

If only! Fond memories of a unique city.
I left Darwin in October '73. The Fanny Bay house I lived in was obliterated 3 months later.

I'll have to swim across The Ditch and then a wee bit more to Adelaide.

After that the Ghan all the way - I can't carry enough water to get between coffee stops after Adelaide.

Which year do you suggest?
Start swimming now and you may make it for next year. You will certainly deserve a Gold Class cabin on the Ghan after that!

It's tough for everyone.
It's a time when you need to be tougher than the rest.
We got so used to flying around.
It's time to invest in things close by.
And to enjoy things other than .....
Coffee sounds good. If only.
I've not been to the top end.
Maybe I'll walk up from the bottom end!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Keen to catch up with others from the Top End who have walked the Camino. I have sent private messages - I hope I managed to do so - to Donna and Ellen Gotts. Maybe a time and place could be set on this thread. Feel we all probably have a Camino related T shirt to wear for identification. Hope we can make this happen. I live in Wanguri.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi Donna, we would love to be part of a camino chat/coffee. We got to Singapore in March on our way to Spain and realised how serious things were when Changi was empty. Returning to Darwin on the next flight. Robyn and Ian of Coconut Grove

Foreshore Cafe in Nightcliff as a meet-up spot? What times do people suggest?

Great.Foreshore suits us. We are out of town until the weekend. Our time is mostly flexible.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Foreshore is a great choice. Suggest meeting Saturday afternoon. Over to you Donna.
I have a Camino friend who lives in Darwin and she is interested in joining you. Can you post what time and date you are meeting at the Foreshore café.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Thanks for organising this catch up, Donna. Will wear a Camino shirt. Robin of Robbian, you will recognise me anyway. Five at the Foreshore sounds fine to me.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi Donna
i live in Darwin …my plans to walk the Camino in 2020 were interrupted by COVID …now hope to walk it in 2023 … would be interested in hearing of your experience

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi Donna
My husband and I did the CF in 2019. We live in Darwin. Would love to catch up.
Foreshore is a great choice. Suggest meeting Saturday afternoon. Over to you Donna.
hi - only just came across these posts from the Top End - I’m planning on walking the Camino in 2023 - would love to catch up and get the benefit of all your experience

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back