• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Any pilgrims for summer 2021.

LynneR

Time of past OR future Camino
CF '16, '18
I live in America and would love to walk the CP or CF this summer. I am a teacher and, with everything opening so suddenly, I have my summer break to quickly put together the Camino trip that was canceled in the summer of 2020.

So these questions are for any of you who are also planning a summer Camino. You may have some info that could help me.

First, has anyone already purchased a flight from America? If so, to which airport? I'm nervous to do this so soon with everything changing so quickly.

What about bus transportation? If I fly to Madrid, I will have to bus it up to my starting point. Does anyone know if there are special requirements/limitations for bus travel?

Next, if you are planning a Camino, I'm curious about which path you are walking and what you've learned about the availability of accommodations.

I have been reading through many threads and learning bits and pieces, but I can't get the feel for how long I should wait to actually book a flight. Is it too soon? I'm sure many others have this feeling of uncertainty. Traveling solo doesn't help, so I'm always looking for experienced insight from fellow pilgrims.

Thanks so much! I know the news is always changing, so I'm finding it hard to find the specific details that will help me make a few decisions.
Lynne

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Lynne hope ur fine. I have the same concerns as you do and am sorry to say i don"t have any anwers. I think am going to book my flight as i been vaccinated. At this point am willing to try anything to do camino primitivo. I did CF in 2018 and i need to do what i consider to be a calling for me. Therefore, am going to book my flight, go for it and hope for the best. Seems to me that every one is willing to try to find some kind of a new normal and am no diferent. So am going for it! Keep my distance and wear my mask regardless of any governmental official saying we are safe. When i did CF i was always worried about finding the righ direction and i did. Go for it Lynne you'll find yours am sure. Buen camino

@LynneR I’m flying from Europe and I, along with many others in this forum, have already booked flights, mostly for September according to a recent forum poll.

I booked a full fat fare so that I can move it if needed. I will sort out the first few days of accommodation closer to my flight day to avoid possibly having to move accommodation too.

So, it’s not too early to book your flight as long as you are open to it perhaps having to move.

Welcome to the forum

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
@LynneR I’m flying from Europe and I, along with many others in this forum, have already booked flights, mostly for September according to a recent forum poll.

I booked a full fat fare so that I can move it if needed. I will sort out the first few days of accommodation closer to my flight day to avoid possibly having to move accommodation too.

So, it’s not too early to book your flight as long as you are open to it perhaps having to move.

Welcome to the forum
Thanks for responding. Do you know where I can see this poll? Would be interesting to see how others are planning. I can't wait until September due to my "teacher schedule."
Thanks again and have a safe hike. I hope it all works out!
Lynne

Lynne hope ur fine. I have the same concerns as you do and am sorry to say i don"t have any anwers. I think am going to book my flight as i been vaccinated. At this point am willing to try anything to do camino primitivo. I did CF in 2018 and i need to do what i consider to be a calling for me. Therefore, am going to book my flight, go for it and hope for the best. Seems to me that every one is willing to try to find some kind of a new normal and am no diferent. So am going for it! Keep my distance and wear my mask regardless of any governmental official saying we are safe. When i did CF i was always worried about finding the righ direction and i did. Go for it Lynne you'll find yours am sure. Buen camino
Hello and thank you.
Yes, I think I just need to book it and hope for the best as you said. I also am so eager to get back to do another hike. It's an amazing thought that in a short bit any of us could be back on that path!!

Camino Primitivo looks beautiful. Can I ask what is drawing you to that particular hike? I'm interested in others as well. For some reason this year I feel inclined to stick to what I know with the CF, but now that you mention it, maybe I should reconsider.
Thanks for your response!
Lynne

Hello and thank you.
Yes, I think I just need to book it and hope for the best as you said. I also am so eager to get back to do another hike. It's an amazing thought that in a short bit any of us could be back on that path!!

Camino Primitivo looks beautiful. Can I ask what is drawing you to that particular hike? I'm interested in others as well. For some reason this year I feel inclined to stick to what I know with the CF, but now that you mention it, maybe I should reconsider.
Ly

Hello and thank you.

Lynne
Hi Lynne,
I did the Frances in 2019 and the Salvador/Primitivo last year. Combining the two gave me a long enough walk of about 450km in 17 days and both are amazing, but perhaps generally harder than the Frances. I highly recommend them. Buen Camino on which ever one you decide to do.
Sergio

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi Lynn
I am new to the forum and Camino culture. I believe I’ve been prompted to walk the CP coastal route. I booked a flight with Europa Air going from JFK to Lisbon on July 4th. I bought the Expedia flight insurance. I’m fully vaccinated.

I haven’t booked accommodations yet. I know it will be hot some days, rain some days and I’ll probably get lost a couple times along the way.
I’ll thank God for all of it. 😊

First, you'll have to figure out how much time you got. Next, the way to walk. But honestly, any route you'll pick will be fantastic! Which route depends on how experienced a walker, you are. Primitivo's a short one, but excellent. I walked the Norte from Irun and went to Oviedo to continue the Primitivo. If you're fairly inexperienced, you might choose Frances. But expect lots of Spanish walkers even with restrictions. And be aware that the first day crossing the Pyrenees will be the toughest (try to split it up in two by sleeping at Orisson). But really, whatever your choice, you're in for the time of your life. As somebody told me, the first Caminos always the best! (and you might say, the first ? do you think, there'll be more? - oh yeah, just you wait). Buen camino!

Thanks for responding. Do you know where I can see this poll? Would be interesting to see how others are planning. I can't wait until September due to my "teacher schedule."
Thanks again and have a safe hike. I hope it all works out!
Lynne
If you search for "will you walk a camino in 2021" you will find it. Apologies, I don't know how to give you the direct link ☹️

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I have only done the cf of the spanish caminos. I was concerned about going alone and persuaded partner to come with me. When i got there i realised i would have been ok alone on the frances as so many others are walking that you can generally see someone, or on a more lonely stretch could wait for someone to walk with. We did many of john brierleys alternative paths in his guidebook but these can be more solitary so i would stick to main routes if i did it alone, speakng personally. The advice to break the first day at orisson is good advice, book it in advance. As for the flights etc cant help there as am in europe. Best of luck, pack light, take it steady, enjoy.

I booked flights to Lisbon leaving the US on June 30th. This is my 3rd solo Camino, and I'm doing the CP. As a fellow teacher, I understand the need to do this during the summer! I'm feeling a bit scared about Portugal, as they aren't open to the US yet, but based on the news, I think there is a good chance they will be by the time I fly. If I were to do it differently, I would probably fly into Spain, then either get a train or bus to Lisbon.

I'm SO excited to be going!

Ruth

First, you'll have to figure out how much time you got. Next, the way to walk. But honestly, any route you'll pick will be fantastic! Which route depends on how experienced a walker, you are. Primitivo's a short one, but excellent. I walked the Norte from Irun and went to Oviedo to continue the Primitivo. If you're fairly inexperienced, you might choose Frances. But expect lots of Spanish walkers even with restrictions. And be aware that the first day crossing the Pyrenees will be the toughest (try to split it up in two by sleeping at Orisson). But really, whatever your choice, you're in for the time of your life. As somebody told me, the first Caminos always the best! (and you might say, the first ? do you think, there'll be more? - oh yeah, just you wait). Buen camino!
You can also walk via the road to a town that is about 12-14 km from SJPDP. I went that way for my Camino when I walked from SJPDP. If there is bad weather, you have to go that way, but the walk is pleasant without the brutal up and down of going through orisson. And, while you do spend some time along the roadway, the road isn't very busy and you are walking through trees most of the day.

The Albergue wasn't crowded and there were a couple of good places to eat!

Bueno Camino!

Ruth

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Check out Camino Ninja app for current information about open albergues/hostels on Camino Portuguese. I think it’s going to be hugely helpful as it will update regularly as places open, has info on how to reserve/book whether through email, phone no. or booking.com.

I live in America and would love to walk the CP or CF this summer. I am a teacher and, with everything opening so suddenly, I have my summer break to quickly put together the Camino trip that was canceled in the summer of 2020.

So these questions are for any of you who are also planning a summer Camino. You may have some info that could help me.

First, has anyone already purchased a flight from America? If so, to which airport? I'm nervous to do this so soon with everything changing so quickly.

All the info I was able to gather points to a definitive opening of the EU starting with June 7th.

It matters not if you got your vaccine + booster or not, you'll still be able to travel and obtain the green passport if you can prove you have antibodies or show a negative PCR test no older than 72 hours at the time you step onto your flight.

That's why we got our tickets, and we'll be flying to Paris on June 11th. I'll be doing the CF with my daughter. She is 20 yo, and I'm 55 yo.

From Paris by train to SJPP. We'll split the first stage in two, via Valcarlos. I'm not very keen to race on the very first day, most likely still jet lagged and tired from a long flight and train ride. In general, although we are both in good shape, we'll be taking it easy the first week - 10 days, then step up the cadence once we get used to it.

What about bus transportation? If I fly to Madrid, I will have to bus it up to my starting point. Does anyone know if there are special requirements/limitations for bus travel?

There should not be any limitations after June 7th, except if you get nauseous while bus riding. Going up and down the Pyrenees Mountains is not for the faint-hearted. I personally get very sick and have to throw up badly so I prefer the train ride from France.

Next, if you are planning a Camino, I'm curious about which path you are walking and what you've learned about the availability of accommodations.

The situation is fluid. It does appear that some closed for good. However, as the pilgrims' traffic will pick up, I'm sure sufficient accommodations will be made available by the market forces.

We are digital nomads, so we'll have to work in the afternoons and make calls, that's why we'll have to find single rooms to be undisturbed. I booked us rooms for the first two nights, and I'll book ahead as we advance slowly along the CF. For the weekends however I'll not book anything ahead; I'll trust the Camino will provide.

If this is your first Camino then I believe the sensible choice would be CF. The 2nd choice would be CP. I also think CF will recover the fastest from the covid disaster, so if you're worried about accommodation then CF should be your first choice.

It would be our first Camino as well, and we plan to take our time to walk all the way to Fisterra in about 45 days at a budget of about 100 euro per day for two people, not including flight and train tickets.

I realize we are very fortunate to be able to take our sweet time, and I plan to make the best of it by taking side trips and zero days to visit bigger cities. My daughter will be starting as an exchange student in Barcelona, in September, so we pretty much have the entire summer available to finish our first Camino.

I have been reading through many threads and learning bits and pieces, but I can't get the feel for how long I should wait to actually book a flight. Is it too soon? I'm sure many others have this feeling of uncertainty. Traveling solo doesn't help, so I'm always looking for experienced insight from fellow pilgrims.

We travel a lot, and just got back from a two months trip through Easter Europe (Ukraine, Romania, Bulgaria, Albania). We flew into Turkey at first, and back from there as well.

The atmosphere is completely different in those countries. Yes, they have been affected by covid, but the people living there look at it more relaxed and continued to live their lives pretty much the same way. Sure, restaurants were locked, but one could call ahead of time and receive a password, then later on knock on the door, give the password and voila, the restaurant was open as usual. That's how the prohibition must have felt back then.

What I'm trying to say is buy your ticket whenever it fits your schedule best and depending how many days you want to spend on the Camino. Pay a bit more for a flexible ticket, and you'll be able to change it as needed. Get your covid-19 PCR test and go to the airport with your stuff. The boarding agent is your biggest hurdle to overcome, especially if things are still murky, but even so, with a bit of sweet talk and good knowledge of the "exceptions" allowed to travel, you will be able to board.

Thanks so much! I know the news is always changing, so I'm finding it hard to find the specific details that will help me make a few decisions.
Lynne

Good luck, and Buen Camino!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I booked flights to Lisbon leaving the US on June 30th. This is my 3rd solo Camino, and I'm doing the CP. As a fellow teacher, I understand the need to do this during the summer! I'm feeling a bit scared about Portugal, as they aren't open to the US yet, but based on the news, I think there is a good chance they will be by the time I fly. If I were to do it differently, I would probably fly into Spain, then either get a train or bus to Lisbon.

Ruth
Hi Ruth. When do you plan to make your trip this summer?
Like you, I am a solo traveler and this will be my 3rd Camino. I was considering CP but my mind keeps going back to CF because it is familiar in a strange year. But still...my pilgrim soul is searching for something new, and there I go, back to thinking about the CP!
However, the camino always provides and I think we always end up where we are meant to be....
Thanks for your response and please post if you make your plan!
Buen Camino.
Lynne

Lynne
I fly to Madrid, where I catch the bus to Pamplona and on to St. Jean PdP. I understand that masks are required on the bus.
My flight from Portland, OR to Madrid in June 29---hopefully.

All the info I was able to gather points to a definitive opening of the EU starting with June 7th.

It matters not if you got your vaccine + booster or not, you'll still be able to travel and obtain the green passport if you can prove you have antibodies or show a negative PCR test no older than 72 hours at the time you step onto your flight.

That's why we got our tickets, and we'll be flying to Paris on June 11th. I'll be doing the CF with my daughter. She is 20 yo, and I'm 55 yo.

From Paris by train to SJPP. We'll split the first stage in two, via Valcarlos. I'm not very keen to race on the very first day, most likely still jet lagged and tired from a long flight and train ride. In general, although we are both in good shape, we'll be taking it easy the first week - 10 days, then step up the cadence once we get used to it.

There should not be any limitations after June 7th, except if you get nauseous while bus riding. Going up and down the Pyrenees Mountains is not for the faint-hearted. I personally get very sick and have to throw up badly so I prefer the train ride from France.

The situation is fluid. It does appear that some closed for good. However, as the pilgrims' traffic will pick up, I'm sure sufficient accommodations will be made available by the market forces.

We are digital nomads, so we'll have to work in the afternoons and make calls, that's why we'll have to find single rooms to be undisturbed. I booked us rooms for the first two nights, and I'll book ahead as we advance slowly along the CF. For the weekends however I'll not book anything ahead; I'll trust the Camino will provide.

If this is your first Camino then I believe the sensible choice would be CF. The 2nd choice would be CP. I also think CF will recover the fastest from the covid disaster, so if you're worried about accommodation then CF should be your first choice.

It would be our first Camino as well, and we plan to take our time to walk all the way to Fisterra in about 45 days at a budget of about 100 euro per day for two people, not including flight and train tickets.

I realize we are very fortunate to be able to take our sweet time, and I plan to make the best of it by taking side trips and zero days to visit bigger cities. My daughter will be starting as an exchange student in Barcelona, in September, so we pretty much have the entire summer available to finish our first Camino.

We travel a lot, and just got back from a two months trip through Easter Europe (Ukraine, Romania, Bulgaria, Albania). We flew into Turkey at first, and back from there as well.

The atmosphere is completely different in those countries. Yes, they have been affected by covid, but the people living there look at it more relaxed and continued to live their lives pretty much the same way. Sure, restaurants were locked, but one could call ahead of time and receive a password, then later on knock on the door, give the password and voila, the restaurant was open as usual. That's how the prohibition must have felt back then.

What I'm trying to say is buy your ticket whenever it fits your schedule best and depending how many days you want to spend on the Camino. Pay a bit more for a flexible ticket, and you'll be able to change it as needed. Get your covid-19 PCR test and go to the airport with your stuff. The boarding agent is your biggest hurdle to overcome, especially if things are still murky, but even so, with a bit of sweet talk and good knowledge of the "exceptions" allowed to travel, you will be able to board.

Thank you so much for your reply. You've provided useful information as I consider my options and piece together as much as I can in this uncertain year. I'm sure, like any Camino, we make a plan and then have to be open to changing it. But it is smart to go in with as much information as one can gather.
The Camino provides and I'm sure it will provide a memorable trip for you.
You are doing the full walk? Excellent! It sounds as though you and your daughter have a wonderful adventure awaiting you.
Thanks again.
Buen Camino!
Lynne

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Lynne
I'm hoping to do my first Camino this summer. But I'm waiting to see when/how the US implements travel rules for when I return. I really don't want to get quarantined because this is a fairly busy season for work for me, but the Camino is really calling. I think that the rules will help the airlines in normalizing flight schedules .The airlines are still in flux domestically, my daughter, who is travelling home from Austin in September, has her flight rescheduled almost every week.

Anyway I'm leaning towards taking the Comino Portuguese starting from Porto with the coastal route and then crossing to the central route. Mostly because my daughter and I are panning to do the
Camino Frances together starting in 2022. That said starting in Leon is also an option for the CF, because there will be more people and maybe more open albuerges.

I'm really thinking mid August will be best for me. I have a question for you experienced pilgrims: How does the Assumption of Mary Holiday effect travelling in Spain and Portugal?

Thanks, Bill

Hi Ruth. When do you plan to make your trip this summer?
Like you, I am a solo traveler and this will be my 3rd Camino. I was considering CP but my mind keeps going back to CF because it is familiar in a strange year. But still...my pilgrim soul is searching for something new, and there I go, back to thinking about the CP!
However, the camino always provides and I think we always end up where we are meant to be....
Thanks for your response and please post if you make your plan!
Buen Camino.
Lynne
Yes! I'm arriving in Lisbon on July 1, and plan to start walking on the 2nd. Nothing else is set in stone except that I plan to detour to Fatima for at least a day and that my flight home is on August 6. I'm still waffling about whether to take the coastal route or the central route from Porto, and I plan to let my feet dictate the stages as much as I'm able...which might mean a bit of bussing back and forth to shorten my stages. It all depends on how my training from here on out goes. I hope to see you on the trail!

Ruth

Yes! I'm arriving in Lisbon on July 1, and plan to start walking on the 2nd. Nothing else is set in stone except that I plan to detour to Fatima for at least a day and that my flight home is on August 6. I'm still waffling about whether to take the coastal route or the central route from Porto, and I plan to let my feet dictate the stages as much as I'm able...which might mean a bit of bussing back and forth to shorten my stages. It all depends on how my training from here on out goes. I hope to see you on the trail!

Ruth
That sounds like a nice plan.
Another question: will you fly in and out of Lisbon? Can I ask which airport you'll leave in the US? I'll fly out of Detroit and there are not many flights to Portugal, so I'm worried about cancellations. Many more flights into Madrid, but that is a looooong bus ride to Porto.
What's drawing me to Portugal is the same thing that is giving me pause: new territory. But the more I think about it and the more I read posts on this forum, the more I think I'm ready for something totally new. My trip would start in Porto, but I would go beyond Santiago and walk to Finisterre. End in Muxia. I would come back to Porto for a couple days of sightseeing before I had home.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
It's a nail-biter, but we have time in June so we're about to take the plunge and book a flight to Pamplona. If the albergues aren't open we'll just have to make it to bigger towns with small hotels. Wish us luck! 😬

It's a nail-biter, but we have time in June so we're about to take the plunge and book a flight to Pamplona. If the albergues aren't open we'll just have to make it to bigger towns with small hotels. Wish us luck! 😬
I love hearing that others are making plans! Best of luck to you!

Hola! Question re:
digital nomads
I need my laptop at the end in Santiago because I am also a digital nomad but I won’t be working in the Camino.
what are you doing with your laptop/electrónics as you walk?
Thanks!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Note that the EU as a whole is open, but it is still up to individual countries to set their own rules. As of today, Spain has declared itself open to vaccinated visitors starting June 7, but Portugal has not yet opened to non-EU/non-UK tourists.
Correct. And to be even more precise: each EU country has to explicitly lift on their own whatever restrictions they had put in place for whoever. Spain has announced changes for the 7th of June but so far no such changes have been officially published yet (I'm confident that this will happen in the next few days, though ...). A definitive opening of the EU starting with June 7th, as someone said earlier, is not a given.

That sounds like a nice plan.
Another question: will you fly in and out of Lisbon? Can I ask which airport you'll leave in the US? I'll fly out of Detroit and there are not many flights to Portugal, so I'm worried about cancellations. Many more flights into Madrid, but that is a looooong bus ride to Porto.
What's drawing me to Portugal is the same thing that is giving me pause: new territory. But the more I think about it and the more I read posts on this forum, the more I think I'm ready for something totally new. My trip would start in Porto, but I would go beyond Santiago and walk to Finisterre. End in Muxia. I would come back to Porto for a couple days of sightseeing before I had home.
I am going El Paso to Chicago, Chicago to Munich, and Munich to Lisbon via Lufthansa and their partners. I would think Detroit would be much easier--at the very least one less connection. I also plan to carry on my backpack, so I don't have to worry about lost luggage. I will buy hiking poles in Lisbon, as well as some small scissors for blister care while there. I'm leaving the pocket knife at home. I never used it on my last two Caminos, although I was thankful for fellow pilgrims with cork screws.

I feel like the connections are in my favor, though. If, for some reason Portugal still isn't officially open, I can just hop off in Munich and catch a train to Spain. If that happens, I will probably walk part of the Del Norte, as I'm told it is very beautiful. While buses are cheaper, trains tend to be quicker.😁

If there is one thing I'm sure of, it is that any Caminos this summer need to be flexible! I'm an inveterate planner, and my last Camino, I felt like God kept telling me, "Ditch the plan, Ruth!!!" For this one, although I'm doing a lot of reading about the CP, I'm fully aware that I may not get to walk it this summer. I'm trying to hold all of my plans with the lightest of grips, since I know that plans can change at a moments notice.

I hope to see you on the way!

Ruth

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
If, for some reason Portugal still isn't officially open, I can just hop off in Munich and catch a train to Spain
This made me smile ... Do you think that it will be easier to convince German border control at Munich airport that you are allowed to enter the country than convincing Portuguese border control at Lisbon airport?

Well, rules may change for the better between now and your departure date ... and I wish you bon voyage!

Last edited:
I feel like the connections are in my favor, though. If, for some reason Portugal still isn't officially open, I can just hop off in Munich and catch a train to Spain. If that happens, I will probably walk part of the Del Norte, as I'm told it is very beautiful. While buses are cheaper, trains tend to be quicker.😁
Hope you can go to Portugal....but if you are stuck in Munich (not a bad place to be stuck, incidentally) you can consider the simplest and obvious solution: take the u-bahn to the jakobskirche (Santiago's church) and start your pilgrimage there, right away, in the wonderful Münchner Jakobsweg. See here
That´s what I did. Years ago I had some business in Munich and started to make very complicated plans to go to the start of the "classical" Caminos, until I realized it was a nonsense. The Camino was there.
Magnificent views, gentle guests, woods, lakes...not to mention the best beer in the world (for example, in Andechs benedictine abbey).

1622420642054.png

This made me smile ... Do you think that it will be easier to convince German border control at Munich airport that you are allowed to enter the country than convincing Portuguese border control at Lisbon airport?

Well, rules may change for the better between now and your departure date ... and I wish you bon voyage!
Germany is already open for American tourists who have their vaccination, as far as I can tell, just like Spain is. Portugal says they plan to open, but it hasn't happened yet...

I didn't think about that, and I have a leg up in Germany, since I used to be fluent in German! I'm afraid that I don't like beer, though. I fondly remember an apple wine from when I was an exchange student twenty-some years ago, so I'm pretty sure I could muddle along!

And, since it is my 3rd Camino, it isn't like I have to get my Compostela. 🤔🤔🤔

Germany is already open for American tourists who have their vaccination, as far as I can tell, just like Spain is
No, Germany is not open for American tourists who have their vaccination, far from it, and they haven't even announced any plans to open this month, unlike Spain whose Prime Minister did announce that Spain will be. You'll be ok though as long as you stay in transit at Munich airport. Bon voyage!

Hola! Question re:
digital nomads
I need my laptop at the end in Santiago because I am also a digital nomad but I won’t be working in the Camino.
what are you doing with your laptop/electrónics as you walk?
Thanks!
We'll carry one Surface Pro 7 and one Surface Go 2. They weigh 3lbs and respectively 2 lbs with protective, waterproof, covers on. We'll carry one (minimized) charger only as these devices have excellent battery life.

We need these laptops because we have to make calls through Google Voice, and the Google Voice app on the phone is not working outside of the US, but Google Voice service per se works on the computer.

They pack small into our Osprey Stratos 36. After all is said and done, my backpack weighs 22 lbs with one change of clothes, the usual absolutely necessary gear, 3 liters of water, and some snacks in it. My daughter's backpack weighs 16 lbs with her stuff and 2 liters of water. That represents about 15% our our body weights. I think it's pretty reasonable and we already trained with it on for long stretches in the Everglades (very hot and humid), and eliminated all the "maybe" gear.

We plan to walk for only 4-5 hours every day so that at around 3 pm CET (9 am EST) we are installed in our single room, freshly showered and ready to work. We might miss some of the socializing during the week, but plan to make up for it during the weekends when we'll stay in regular albergues.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hello and thank you.

Lynne
I want to do all of the caminos but for now i have to plan according to the time it takes to finish and get back to work. Now that am planning for retirement the thing that comes to mind is camino de santiago. There is nothing in particular that gets my attention about any of the camino but the camino itself brings a meaning to my persnal understanding of what life should be. I felt that when i did CF and i would like to have that feeling again, i dont have a better answer for you but i sure hope you experiance what i did during your camino maybe then my response will make sense

Hi Lynn
I am new to the forum and Camino culture. I believe I’ve been prompted to walk the CP coastal route. I booked a flight with Europa Air going from JFK to Lisbon on July 4th. I bought the Expedia flight insurance. I’m fully vaccinated.

I haven’t booked accommodations yet. I know it will be hot some days, rain some days and I’ll probably get lost a couple times along the way.
I’ll thank God for all of it. 😊
Will follow your thread here to learn because like you i will be on my first camino and leaving from JFk to Lisbon. Also fully vaccinated and curious how things hopefully will change for the better. I am sure you will have a very meaningful experience! Buen Camino. I am so excited to go.

I am booked to go too.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Ruth
Awesome! I will be doing the Portuguese too. I already need to reschedule but all good so far. Excited like you. Buen camino!

We'll carry one Surface Pro 7 and one Surface Go 2. They weigh 3lbs and respectively 2 lbs with protective, waterproof, covers on. We'll carry one (minimized) charger only as these devices have excellent battery life.

We need these laptops because we have to make calls through Google Voice, and the Google Voice app on the phone is not working outside of the US, but Google Voice service per se works on the computer.

They pack small into our Osprey Stratos 36. After all is said and done, my backpack weighs 22 lbs with one change of clothes, the usual absolutely necessary gear, 3 liters of water, and some snacks in it. My daughter's backpack weighs 16 lbs with her stuff and 2 liters of water. That represents about 15% our our body weights. I think it's pretty reasonable and we already trained with it on for long stretches in the Everglades (very hot and humid), and eliminated all the "maybe" gear.

We plan to walk for only 4-5 hours every day so that at around 3 pm CET (9 am EST) we are installed in our single room, freshly showered and ready to work. We might miss some of the socializing during the week, but plan to make up for it during the weekends when we'll stay in regular albergues.
Thats amazing what you are doing! 👏👏

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back