• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Any pilgrims or pre-pilgrims in the Somerset/Bristol area?

Magwood

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
See signature line for links to daily posts to blogs from many caminos
We are planning our second meeting on 22 January - not a cultural event like those sophisticated Norfolk/Suffolk folk are planning - just a get together at the pub. Three of us met up for our inaugural meeting last November and it was over in a flash (although we were the last to leave and continued drinking in the garden). It would be great if any others could join us at the Summerhouse pub in Worle, near Weston super Mare at 7pm on the 22nd. There must be more pilgrims in the area - come and join us.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Yep! Was a great night, the last meet - and all are invited to join in - a pleasant pub too. Come to reminisce or be enthralled by our tales (etc) :);)

There must be more than us three in the area ....................... where are you???

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Excellent, as Maggie said, it is the Summerhouse pub, Worle. Wednesday 22nd at 7pm.
A new build pub on a roundabout - trad' inside. Easy to find.
For location and more - this is their website http://www.summerhousepub.co.uk/

More the merrier!! Buen Camino!!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Sounds great, count me in.
Trev, I've just seen that you have walked the Portuguese route from Lisbon. Be prepared for a barrage of questions, as I am planning to walk this camino at the end of April. I was already looking forward to meeting you - now I can't wait!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Well, that was another very enjoyable meet last night.
Hope you got home safely.
Nice to meet you Trevor and thanks for bringing the paraphernalia, very informative.
David, hope you get well soon. You're not too far away from me, is there anything you need.
Buen Camino

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi guys - so sorry I wasn't there. I did try, twice, to put the old shoes on and get out of the door but was really feeling just a bit too poorly. Thanks, John - not that awful a bug, but thanks.
Any chance of us meeting up again before Maggie goes back to Spain????

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hola. I'm a Kiwi writer living in Bristol who did the Francés a couple of weeks ago and would love to meet other pilgrims in the area. Qué pasa?

Hola. I'm a Kiwi writer living in Bristol who did the Francés a couple of weeks ago and would love to meet other pilgrims in the area. Qué pasa?

Hi Christopher, I am walking the Camino Portuguese right now, but will be visiting Bristol area around 20 June. I will contact you nearer the time to set up a get together with other forum members.

Christopher - hi. I am off to the Camino in a few days, doing my first aid thing - will be back sometime in July.
John is off on his pilgrimage in just a few days time, Maggie is out there right now - so you have caught us 'out' as it were ... but we will all be here later.

Buen Camino

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Christopher - hi. I am off to the Camino in a few days, doing my first aid thing - will be back sometime in July.
John is off on his pilgrimage in just a few days time, Maggie is out there right now - so you have caught us 'out' as it were ... but we will all be here later.

Buen Camino
Great to hear from you. I'm green with envy. The weather must be just about perfect now – I had snow, gales, the lot, although I must say walking in cool, overcast conditions, which is how it was for most of my walk, is very comfortable. I'm looking for somewhere to live and it's such a drag I've been tempted to just go back to Spain and walk the primitivo, or the costal. But I can't – too much work on. I hope you'll post while you walk. Buen Camino!

I just followed your Unitarian Franciscan link, David. I've often contemplated joining the Third Order. Especially when walking I felt a very strong call to engage in the faith in some more organised and committed manner, but of course daily life took over pretty quickly when I returned. At O Cebreiro I went into the church to pray and, picking up some cards from the desk, was told about octo-centenary of St Francis' Camino. I did collect the Franciscan Certificate and went to the Easter midnight Mass at the Franciscan Convent. They gave us all hot chocolate afterwards - wonderful.

Hola Christopher. We are a bit far away for you maybe but we meet around Exeter, being mostly folk from Devon and Dorset.
See Camigos in south Devon for more info. Our next meeting is in Exeter for the benefit of those already coming from afar.
I won't post details here as it would confuse this thread.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
We do, we do :);), but you and others are always welcome :):).
Away back to our Devon thread.....

Seriously our furthest pilgrim came from Australia - so visiting pilgrims from within the UK haven't got so far to travel.:D

Chris - received your mail .. Excellent! ... - will mail back tonight or tomorrow - bit frantic here at the moment

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.