• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Any pilgrims (or pre-pilgrims) in the Weston-Super-Mare area? Meeting 28th Nov

David

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
First one in 2005 from Moissac, France.
Hi all. I live in Worle, a village (really an area now) on the edge of Weston-Super-Mare in Somerset.

A pilgrim (Maggie) is coming over and visiting a relative, who will be going on their first Camino next year, and she has now found out that there is another pilgrim in Worle - how extraordinary!
So we are four! - all in the same small area! So we are having a pilgrim meet.

We are meeting up on Thursday 28th November at 7.30 pm in the Summerhouse pub, Worle - It is a modern and comfortable place and also does food.
It is easy to find as it is by a roundabout on the main road less than a mile from Junction 21 of the M5.
http://www.summerhousepub.co.uk/

Are there any other pilgrims - or pre-pilgrims - in the area who would like to join us for drinks and chat and hopefully laughter?

The more the merrier!!!

pm to let me know if you can come - if you are fairly distant but want to come and want to drink but not drive I have a spare bedroom and also a double sofabed in the lounge so can put up 2 couples or 2 singles - actually, I have a single mattress in the loft room too! (I also have a copy of The Way and a fairly large flatscreen!!!).

Buen Camino

David

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi David, Maggie and Worle pilgrims -
Congratulations on the establishment of your Pilgrim group!
As a member of Pilgrims in Sydney I cannot express adequately how much our Pilgrim group meetings mean to me. I've been going to our meetings since August last year and as the time has gone on, the meetings have become so very valuable to me - I will not miss one - no matter what.
Our meetings are really casual - we all just show up (currently at the Sir John Young Hotel in the city but shortly (hopefully) at the Spanish Club), grab a drink and start talking about the Camino! We all enjoy tapas and the sharing of stories and support within the group is incredible. We have people in the group who have completed many Caminos, and people who are yet to go on their first Camino.
One of our members, Norelle, who posts on the Forum, ('hope you're OK with me telling everyone Norelle!) said it so beautifully and succinctly when she said that the reason she goes to the meetings is that they keep the Camino alive for her until she can be back there - they do for me too - and I hope for the same for your group.
Buen Camino in spirit -
Jenny

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Thanks Jenny, for such a thoughtful message. This get together is due to an incredible coincidence. I was drawn for no apparent reason to look at the profile of two pilgrims. I have not checked out any other profiles on the forum at any time, just these two. They could have been from anywhere in the world - but they both live in the small town in the south west of England where I regularly stay with my daughter when I visit from my home in Southern Spain. How amazing is that! I still can't really believe it. So of course I had to contact both these guys who were very happy to meet up during my forthcoming visit. It would be great if any others wanted to join us from the surrounding area.

Thanks Jenny, for such a thoughtful message. This get together is due to an incredible coincidence. I was drawn for no apparent reason to look at the profile of two pilgrims. I have not checked out any other profiles on the forum at any time, just these two. They could have been from anywhere in the world - but they both live in the small town in the south west of England where I regularly stay with my daughter when I visit from my home in Southern Spain. How amazing is that! I still can't really believe it. So of course I had to contact both these guys who were very happy to meet up during my forthcoming visit. It would be great if any others wanted to join us from the surrounding area.
My pleasure Maggie! The incredible coincidence is purely down to the magic of the Forum and of the Camino itself, where it ALL starts, doesn't it!
Your pilgrim meeting is going to be fantastic - so much to talk about and stories to share. How about making your first toast to all the pilgrim groups worldwide - we'll all say "Cheers" with you in spirit!

Hi all. I live in Worle, a village (really an area now) on the edge of Weston-Super-Mare in Somerset.

A pilgrim (Maggie) is coming over and visiting a relative, who will be going on their first Camino next year, and she has now found out that there is another pilgrim in Worle - how extraordinary!
So we are four! - all in the same small area! So we are having a pilgrim meet.

We are meeting up on Thursday 28th November at 7.30 pm in the Summerhouse pub, Worle - It is a modern and comfortable place and also does food.
It is easy to find as it is by a roundabout on the main road less than a mile from Junction 21 of the M5.
http://www.summerhousepub.co.uk/

Are there any other pilgrims - or pre-pilgrims - in the area who would like to join us for drinks and chat and hopefully laughter?

The more the merrier!!!

pm to let me know if you can come - if you are fairly distant but want to come and want to drink but not drive I have a spare bedroom and also a double sofabed in the lounge so can put up 2 couples or 2 singles - actually, I have a single mattress in the loft room too! (I also have a copy of The Way and a fairly large flatscreen!!!).

Buen Camino

David

Nice one David. Looking forward to 28th.
Buen Camino.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Sadly just too far away of me David, but have a great time will be thinking about you all.

David,
you're just a little bit too far away for me to join you, much as I'd love to. You sound as if you have your very own albergue-in-the-making down there in lovely Somerset. Have a great gathering!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Great time had by all. New friends and kindred spirits.
View attachment 6987
Hi Maggie -
'Glad to hear all went so well with your inaugural meeting - may it be the first of many such meetings!
Isn't the Camino the most wonderful thing? The way it connects us all is astonishing. Top photo! Happy, happy faces - thanks for sharing it with our Forum community.
Cheers from The Land Down Under - Jenny x

Jenny, you are so......too many wines with new friends to think of the right word..... How about ...encompassing....inspiring.....! Just a big thank you for caring........xxx

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Ok, you guys. There were three of us, and I had four drinks, so I definitely owe someone.....Next meeting, end of January. New members very welcome.

Jenny, you are so......too many wines with new friends to think of the right word..... How about ...encompassing....inspiring.....! Just a big thank you for caring........xxx
Cheers Maggie!
Pilgrims caring and sharing ... that's what it's all about, isn't it ... and I think it particularly applies to Forum members ... what we have here on the Forum is precious.
Jenny x

Great night, it was so like .. errmm ... well, Caminoish - tales and laughter and emotional moments .... mind you, morning now and my head hurts a bit ...

we will definitely do this again!! and Maggie, you are a Star for initiating this - (drinks? we owe John .. so, my round next and then yours)

ahh - good people, good tales, good moments, no, great moments! - a certain point in the evening and we all knew that we wanted to be on Camino right now!!!

well after closing time we were the last ones there and I think we were (nicely) thrown out at midnight - the time went sooo fast! xx

thinks: now, where is the Paracetamol?

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Already taken my quota of paracetamol, and my head is still complaining! But it was definitely worth the pain.
Until the next time......

So pleased we met last night.

I just knew deep down it would be the pleasure it was for me.

Thanks Maggie and David for being 'you' and for wishing me first face-to-face "Buen Camino's" and especially for giving me a lovely reminder of the evening by giving my first Camino photograph (which suggests I am in serious need of a haircut by the way:eek:).

If January comes as quickly as the time passed last I'll be delighted.

JennyH94, if you read this post - thank you for your kind words and wishes.

Buen Camino.

Is there anything like this in or near Manchester???

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Is there anything like this in or near Manchester???
It is probably best if you start a new thread, I doubt anyone from Manchester will look here. Good luck.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.