Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Any Pilgrims Stranded in France?

LesBrass

Likes Walking
Camino(s) past & future
yes...
I know France is a big country but I've been reading on Facebook and here reports of pilgrims trying to get home from their camino in Spain. Today on the news here in France it has been announced that there will be a curfew this evening... France is following Spain.

If you are in France currently and need assistance or a bed or transport there are a number of pilgrims living here who can offer help.

My guess if everyone has made it home but just in case....

billmclaughlin

Camino(s) past & future
SJPP/Burgos 2012; Le Puy/SJPP 2013; Aumont Aubrac/Aire sur l'Adour 2014; Burgos/Santiago 2016.
Macron hasn’t spoken yet. A curfew is rumored and it’s always the details that matter most.

JabbaPapa

"True Pilgrim"
Camino(s) past & future
100 characters or fewer : see signature details
The curfew is set to be put in place from midday today (cue a mad frenzy of panic-buying activities this morning ... ).

You're supposed to fill in a certificate even just if you need to do some food shopping or some walking for your health, but on the ground I really can't see that as being enforceable -- at least not in the more civilised remains of the old more provincial France where the norm is still made of little shops and local quasi-village life rather than vast hypermarkets and bland 21st Century anonymity.

Thread starter OLDER threads on this topic Forum Replies Date
gypsy9 The Vézelay Route 2
H The Vézelay Route 15

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 56 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 197 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 327 24.9%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.2%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 28.9%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.0%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock