Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Any scattered thoughts Invierno to Monasterio de Oseiro?

El Cascayal

Camino(s) past & future
Primitivo May 2019
Invierno November 2019
Ingles April (2020) postponed
Does anyone have any advice on hanging a left on the Camino de Invierno at Lincora to reach Monasterio de Oseiro and then return going towards the peaks in o Faro to rejoin the Invierno? Tips on how to get back and forth and lodging. Walking from Monforte de Lemos logical place for overnight stops, etc... Any thoughts from all you old timers? Camino quarantine dreaming AKA call for special routes?

VNwalking

Wandering in big circles
Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
San Olav/CF ('16)
Baztanés/CF ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Vasco/CF/Invierno ('19)
I think it makes most sense to walk from Penasilas. From there it is 16 km to the monastery. After spending the night there in the albergue, you could rejoin the Invierno in Rodeiro.

However, it makes as much sense to continue on to the Sanabres - at that point it is much closer than the Invierno.

Attachments

Raggy

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
2017, 2018, 2019
I think it makes most sense to walk from Penasilas. From there it is 16 km to the monastery.
Penasilas to Oseira on Wikiloc

As VNWalking says, continuing on the Sanabres would be the shortest way. If you continue about 27km on the Sanabres, you will arrive at the point where it merges with the Invierno (at the A Laxe albergue on the west side of Lalin).

If you felt a need to take a few final steps on the Invierno before it merges, you could divert from the Sanabres to go through the town of Lalin itself (which has a better albergue than A Laxe). I think that there is a path to Lalin from the point marked A Xesta on this Gronze map:

If you prefer not to miss any part of the invierno, I think the most efficient way might be to backtrack on the same path that you took to Oseira.

El Cascayal

Camino(s) past & future
Primitivo May 2019
Invierno November 2019
Ingles April (2020) postponed
VN walking & Raggy, much appreciate your suggestions. I loved Penasillas, met 2 wonderful older women there, one milking her 90 cows and the other one who was taking a stroll on a Sunday morn. Good bar too. Thank you, truly appreciate it!

Attachments

Theatregal

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
So far...
2012 ~ 2019
I loved Penasillas as well. That little bar was a wonderful stop before the climb ahead! I also met the woman in the red sweater in your photo. I was sitting in the little square in front of the bar and she came along with a bucket of milk and asked if I wanted to watch her feed the babies. She opened the door of the stone barn on the square to some very hungry little calves. :)

Invierno.jpg

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 56 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 197 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 327 24.9%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.2%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 28.9%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.0%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock