Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Any scattered thoughts Invierno to Monasterio de Oseiro?

El Cascayal

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
23:Valença Var Espiritual Apr; Norte Cudillero Oct
Does anyone have any advice on hanging a left on the Camino de Invierno at Lincora to reach Monasterio de Oseiro and then return going towards the peaks in o Faro to rejoin the Invierno? Tips on how to get back and forth and lodging. Walking from Monforte de Lemos logical place for overnight stops, etc... Any thoughts from all you old timers? Camino quarantine dreaming AKA call for special routes?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I think it makes most sense to walk from Penasilas. From there it is 16 km to the monastery. After spending the night there in the albergue, you could rejoin the Invierno in Rodeiro.

However, it makes as much sense to continue on to the Sanabres - at that point it is much closer than the Invierno.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200524-234214_OsmAnd.jpg
    Screenshot_20200524-234214_OsmAnd.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 30
I think it makes most sense to walk from Penasilas. From there it is 16 km to the monastery.
Penasilas to Oseira on Wikiloc

As VNWalking says, continuing on the Sanabres would be the shortest way. If you continue about 27km on the Sanabres, you will arrive at the point where it merges with the Invierno (at the A Laxe albergue on the west side of Lalin).

If you felt a need to take a few final steps on the Invierno before it merges, you could divert from the Sanabres to go through the town of Lalin itself (which has a better albergue than A Laxe). I think that there is a path to Lalin from the point marked A Xesta on this Gronze map:

If you prefer not to miss any part of the invierno, I think the most efficient way might be to backtrack on the same path that you took to Oseira.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
VN walking & Raggy, much appreciate your suggestions. I loved Penasillas, met 2 wonderful older women there, one milking her 90 cows and the other one who was taking a stroll on a Sunday morn. Good bar too. Thank you, truly appreciate it!

Attachments

• 307BFBFD-C8B6-4426-B7D0-EE297943C055.jpeg
    307BFBFD-C8B6-4426-B7D0-EE297943C055.jpeg
    764.2 KB · Views: 20
  • 25FD4BEE-6CED-47B7-A23F-296B11508664.jpeg
    25FD4BEE-6CED-47B7-A23F-296B11508664.jpeg
    863.8 KB · Views: 18
I loved Penasillas as well. That little bar was a wonderful stop before the climb ahead! I also met the woman in the red sweater in your photo. I was sitting in the little square in front of the bar and she came along with a bucket of milk and asked if I wanted to watch her feed the babies. She opened the door of the stone barn on the square to some very hungry little calves. :)

Invierno.jpg

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back