A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

2019 Camino Guides

Any special albergues not to be missed?

Anamya

Keeping it simple
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2015)
Camino Portugues (2017)
Lebaniego (Planning)
Casa da Fernanda, Central Route, in Lugar do Corgo (between Barcelos and Ponte de Lima).
Some would say it's the best albergue of all caminos, some were not so impressed. I don't know, but for me it was the most unbelievable experience to spend the night there.

It's not big, or in an ancient building or anything. It is just her house. But she takes you in as part of her family. Food is amazing and there is singing and playing... Just unreal.

Last edited:

AML

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances Sept 2013
Norte/Primitivo May/June 2014
Vasco del Interior/ Burgos - Leon/Del Salvador/Primitivo May/June 2015
Ourense - Santiago Sept 2015
Camino Ingles Sept 2015
Porto-SDC Sept/Oct 2016
Hi Andy,
Albergue Sao pedro de Rates, Casa Fernanda and Monasterio de Herbon were my favourites on Camino Portuguese centra route.
Buen camino
Aidan

Camino(s) past & future
(015)Irun to Santiago
(017)Lisboa to S
2018Caminha to Santiago
(2018) Camino English Ferrol Santiago
Hi I'm planning to walk the CP from Lisbon mid September and was wondering if there's any stand out albergues that I should try and head for?
Albrgue Pinheros in Alveizere is a must. There you wil treared to the most beautiful carimbos.

Glenshiro

Camino(s) past & future
Le Puy - Burgos, Camino Frances (2012 - 2018)
Andy, great to see you are going on another Camino. I was thinking of doing it myself but, on second thoughts, I'm happy for you to do it for me. Looking forward to the blog!

Camino(s) past & future
Camino de Santiago, St Jean to Santuago, 2015
Camino Portuguese, 2018
Hi I'm planning to walk the CP from Lisbon mid September and was wondering if there's any stand out albergues that I should try and head for?
Casa Fernanda, between Barcelos and Ponte de Lima. In Santiago - The Last Stamp, and,on the way to the airport but still in Santiago - Albergue Acuario; kind of funky in a way I liked.

Ghislaine

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francès , 2006
Puy-en-Velay à Conques, 2009
Camino Del Norte, 2012
Camino portuguese, 2018
it’s not Albergue... but the magnificient Hostel Sereneta, in Coïmbra, just beside the old Cathedral and also the Hostel No1 in Santarem.

Kurisu

Camino(s) past & future
Francés, Arles, Le Puy, Shikoku, Norte, Inglés, Primitivo, Interior, Portuguese, Baztan (from 2005)
Albergaria a Novia, fantastic albergue run by a loving family.

KariC

Camino(s) past & future
Caminho portugûes (2016)
Casa Fernanda, between Barcelos and Ponte de Lima. In Santiago - The Last Stamp, and,on the way to the airport but still in Santiago - Albergue Acuario; kind of funky in a way I liked.
I agree on Casa Fernanda and the Last Stamp. Loved them both, in very different ways! Don't know the A.A.

Iriebabel

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances April (2018)
Camino Del Norte for April (2019) possible Primitivo
Hi@andywild did I read this correctly ? You are on your way back? Sorry Ive been missing in action but I finally posted my post camino summary today. Under : return of the cyborg turtle

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Pilgrims here right now

Advertisement
Booking.com

Latest posts

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 33 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 108 14.7%
  • May

Votes: 179 24.4%