• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Any suggestions for doing Camino Ingles and including both La Coruña and Ferrol to Bruma

Kevin Considine

Time of past OR future Camino
Hi I can’t decide where to start Camino Irish( Ingles ) so thought why not do both. Am starting after Camino Invierno so thinking a bus to La Coruña and walking to Bruma and then getting a bus back to Ferrol.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Train and bus have both worked well for me. If I do the Inglés again it will definitely be from A Coruña. What a beautiful city with wonderful people. An extra day to see A Coruña is definitely worth it IMHO.

Mike

If I do the Inglés again it will definitely be from A Coruña. What a beautiful city with wonderful people. An extra day to see A Coruña is definitely worth it IMHO.
I walked from A Coruña and loved it: took the train from Santiago in the morning, had lunch in town and got the first stamp from the Iglesia de Santiago, and we were away by early afternoon.
But this beautiful city needs way more time than that to do it justice. If I were to do it again, I'd spend the day and a night there.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi I can’t decide where to start Camino Irish( Ingles ) so thought why not do both. Am starting after Camino Invierno so thinking a bus to La Coruña and walking to Bruma and then getting a bus back to Ferrol.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hi Kevin,
Not too sure whether this will add much to the previous responses, particularly to the thread that @VNwalking was indicating. Besides, this response might also arrive late for you ...

In any case, if it is of any help, I just finished both branches of the Inglés. I first walked the Camino from Ferrol to Santiago and next morning took a train from Santiago to Coruña. The trains run very often and it is just around a 30 mins commute. At 9 am I was already in Coruña and by 10 h I was walking that branch. I have finished it all in As Travesas (approx 3 km from Meson do Vento) where it meets the Ferrol branch. You can either take one of the frequent buses back to Coruña from Meson do Vento (that’s what I have done) or else return to Santiago from there (it is the line Santiago - Coruña that passes by Meson do Vento).

For timetables for the buses www.monbus.es

There are also buses from As Travesas but they run much less frequently.

It is a rather disordered way to walk the two branches but I had to change my original plan and it has worked out really well for me.

Finally, I can only reinforce the idea that Coruña is a really nice city and it is worth spending some time in it. I have been here before and I will spend some more time over here during the weekend.

Whatever you choose, I hope you do enjoy it!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

I will be walking my first ever camino this September and have chosen the Camino Ingles. The Inca Trail is the only other multi-day hike I have ever done and is roughly the same length in terms of...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back