A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Any Thai Pilgrims out there?

2020 Camino Guides

Robo

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF SJPdP to SdC
(May 2015)
CF Sarria to SdC
(May 2016)
CF SJPDP-SdC
(Apr/May 2018)
VdlP (2020)
Hi,

I'm just curious. Are there any Thai Pilgrims here? My wife (who is Thai) and I plan to walk the CF next year and I know she would love to contact other Thai people who have walked the Camino to hear about their experience.....

I know from looking at the stats, that not many Thais walk the Camino. But maybe we can change that! She and I both plan to create a video documentary of our journey (Inner and Outer). Mine in English and hers in Thai.

Love to hear from any Thais, or suggestions of Thai Language blogs/forums that talk about the Camino.

thetravellingpen

Camino(s) past & future
June 2014
I'm not Thai, but I live in Thailand and will be walking from 10 July. Lived here 4.5 years already and it's a permanent home now.

M

Mark Lee

That's pretty cool. I did not see any Thais when I did the Camino, but I did see Filipinos, Koreans and a married couple from Malaysia.
I've traveled a lot throughout Thailand, Philippines and Cambodia. I love SE Asia. So laid-back and the scuba diving in the Philippines is fantastic.

thetravellingpen

Camino(s) past & future
June 2014
Very envious. We try to live there part of the year. Do you read and write Thai?
Infortunately haven't had time to learn Thai script as I have 2 full time jobs... and so leave any free time for family.
One day!

Thread starter OLDER threads on this topic Forum Replies Date
CaminoPilgrimNev Asia 1
Yodapsy Asia 8
OLDER threads on this topic
Thailand Camino pilgrims?
Pilgrims from Beijing

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 8 0.7%
  • March

Votes: 47 4.1%
  • April

Votes: 173 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 279 24.3%