• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Any updates on the new camino route out of Lisbon?

motero99

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2019
Camino Portugues (2023)
Are there any updates on the new camino route out of Lisbon. Last I recall it was not going to open until the pope's visit. Since this is a public works project and not directly being built for the camino, are locals already using it? I am arriving in Lisbon on Wednesday and will walk that day to the Parque Nacoes area. Looking to see if there are any options for my Thursday trek.
Thank you

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I’m not exactly sure where the “new” route breaks off outside of Lisbon. On April 19th, 2023 I did take a newer route out of Lisbon which takes you inland. Most people who left around me took the old route along the river and next to an industrial park(s). I’ve attached below where I walked.

1684249396973.png

I started in the Oriente area of Lisbon as I walked to the cathedral on the 18th. The new way was much nicer than along the river but it does add much time. Is this the new route you reference?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I’m not exactly sure where the “new” route breaks off outside of Lisbon.
If I understand it correctly, just after the Vasco de Gama bridge, instead of turning left to Sacavém as the old route did, the new route continues along the river.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
We have just done this a few days ago - I posted on an older thread about the new route - maybe one of the moderators can find it and link so I don't have to rewrite it. We are currently in Valada:)
This one? Just copied and pasted this. If you go to your profile, you can search your activity.

From @Lleslie:

Currently ar Vila Franca de Xira for our second night. We actually walked the first 8.4km to Parque de Nacoes on our second 'rest day' after arriving in Lisbon to break up our first day of about 26k. Got our credentials at the Sè, the entrance is around the side as the front is covered in scaffolding obscuring the first arrow:( but we got a photo with an arrow at the Ireja de Santiago further up the street.

Met 3 other pilgrims that day:) next day (yesterday) trained back to Parque de Noces and continued on. Nice walk up to Sacavem (new bridge not completed) so onward on the old route up the river valley thru Granja and Alpirate. Lovely walk but warm, nice breeze at times. Lots of bom caminho's from the many cyclists zooming around and people out walking. Glad to get to the cafe in Granja, lovely welcoming people, happy to fill up our water bottles:)

After Alpirate cut up through the first tunnel under the highway (camino goes to the right) and went straight down to the Povoa train station and trained to VFdX. This morning trained back to Povoa and walked back to VFdX - some nice tracks and the last 4k beside the river. Lovely weather so far. Have met several other pilgrims here:)
Linda

Last edited:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
If I understand it correctly, just after the Vasco de Gama bridge, instead of turning left to Sacavém as the old route did, the new route continues along the river.
Correct. Just walked through 5 days ago. Looks like at least abother month before it will be open.

With Alpriate closed, an option is Verdelha of Baixo. There is confusion as Gronze lists Alfa 10 as in Alverca, while Village to Village lists it as Verdelha. There are two other places there on the same streets Alfa 10. At that point both cities are very close. A good landmark is the Auchan grocery store. They have a wonderful orange juice machine there (drank a liter 3 E before going to Alfa 10). Places to sleep are a 3 minute walk from there. Call ahead as there are a lot of workers there filling the cheaper housing.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Is there any current information on the new Riverside exit out of Lisbon? My husband are already booked to arrive in Lisbon in early September. We plan to walk from Lisbon to Fatima and then onwards from there (we have 3 weeks in total). We are very confused about the route out of Lisbon and places to stay along the way, especially for the first couple of nights. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

First week of August there will be works at the Parque das Naçoes and both caminhos to Fátima and Santiago are closed and there are no alternatives so the only possibility is to skip the part from Lisbon to Sacavém or even further.
there is a Youth Festival that will be attended by the Pope.

this was the message I got from a Portuguese friend.

É a seguir ao Parque das Nações, depois de passar por baixo da ponte. Estão a fazer as obras para as jornadas mundiais da juventude que vão ocorrer na primeira semana de Agosto. É para a vinda do Papa Francisco. A partir desta data já estará aberta e a ponte sobre o rio Trancão e a inauguração do novo trajeto do caminho através dos passadiços do rio Tejo.

It's after Parque das Nações, after going underneath the bridge. They are carrying out works for the World Youth Days that will take place in the first week of August. It is for the coming of Pope Francis. From that date onwards, the bridge over the Trancão River and the inauguration of the new path along the footbridges of the Tagus River will be open.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Is there any current information on the new Riverside exit out of Lisbon? My husband are already booked to arrive in Lisbon in early September. We plan to walk from Lisbon to Fatima and then onwards from there (we have 3 weeks in total). We are very confused about the route out of Lisbon and places to stay along the way, especially for the first couple of nights. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
I walked this route in 2018 and there was hardly any support until Azambuja. I'd love to do the Fatima trip again but next time I would take the train to Santarem and walk from there. The Fatima route is well signposted

Thank you so much for sharing this with us Leo. This info is very helpful in our decision making and another reason why we love the Camino Forum!

Any news about the new stretch , still working on it or are they done with it ?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
This was posted today on the City of Lisbon twitter feed:

Translation of the caption is:

"Counting down to the start of the World Youth Day; the 100 hectares of the Tagus-Trancão Park are almost ready to receive the thousands of expected pilgrims. Once the Journey is concluded, #Lisboa thus gains a new leisure area."

If you watch the video in the post below, the latter parts of it show the new walkway along the Tagus riverfront, and right near the end, the new bridge that crosses the small river entering the Tagus.

The walkway seems to have the standard Portuguese lack of shade...but it will be nice to be along the river.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
According to this new story, you can walk to/across the bridge, but can't go any further because the new riverside boardwalk is not complete in the next municipality beyond Lisbon (Loures).

Translation:

"There is a new landmark in the landscape between Lisbon and Loures

The Trancão cycle pedestrian bridge is finished and open (temporarily).

The cycling and pedestrian bridge over the River Trancão is inaugurated and opened, establishing, for the first time, a connection between the riverside banks of Lisbon and Loures. The bridge, made of steel and wood, will allow you to reach Vila Franca de Xira by bicycle or on foot when the new Ribeirinho de Loures Route is ready. For now, it will serve World Youth Day and the thousands of pilgrims expected between the 1st and 6th of August.

Until World Youth Days start, the bridge will be available for its population to enjoy. Despite not having an exit from the Loures side, the new infrastructure already allows you to enjoy a new view of the mouth of the Trancão, as well as the riverside margins of the two municipalities.

With a total length of 280 meters and an average width of 5.5 meters, the bridge connects the cycling and pedestrian networks of the municipalities of Lisbon and Loures, contributing to a more interconnected metropolitan area. When Loures finishes its Percurso Ribeirinho – a system of wooden walkways along the bank of the Tagus –, it will be possible to reach Vila Franca de Xira, where there are already several cycling and pedestrian routes along the river. However, according to the Câmara de Loures, the walkways should only open after the World Youth Day, in mid-August.

The inauguration of the Trancão cycle pedestrian bridge was attended by the mayors of Lisbon and Loures, Carlos Moedas and Ricardo Leão, with the Cardinal-Patriarch, D. Manuel Clemente, and also with the President of the World Youth Day Foundation, D. .Americo Aguiar. This is the first work to be completed for World Youth Day. It resulted from an investment of 4.1 million euros, co-financed with European funds, and carried out by EMEL and the municipality of Lisbon.

The material with which it was built, mostly wood-based, but also with steel structures, makes this bridge a piece well integrated into the surrounding environment. Its construction contributed simultaneously to the rehabilitation of this area of the city, facing the Tagus River, where the Tagus Park is being extended to serve as the main venue for the Journey. For now and in the future, the bridge will link three natural elements: the green space in the Lisbon area, the river Trancão and the new green area in the Loures area, sustainably enhancing this vast riverside area.

Under the impetus of World Youth Day and the new public space that is being built next to Trancão, other infrastructures have been created in that area. This is the case of station nº 115 of the GIRA, the closest to the new bridge and the site of the Journey; this station was increased from 12 to 28 docks. [GIRA is the bike-rental system in Lisbon.] The Sacavém railway station, which serves the municipality of Loures and the northern area of Parque das Nações, also received improvement works, with the creation of a new access, a car park and rest areas."

Original story in Portuguese:

I'll be starting my pilgrimage out of Lisbon in a few weeks. I was wondering if there was any word on the new route leaving Lisbon. Originally it was suppose to open in May, then the Pope was going to be opening it over World Youth Days. Now I can't find anything that mentions the new route at all.

Attachments

• Camino New Day 1 Map.png
    Camino New Day 1 Map.png
    841.2 KB · Views: 1,939
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Any idea what that does to distances on the first day? Do you know if people will still be walking through Alpriate? Or where they will go once they get across the new bridge?
Great questions. Is there any firm answers to these yet?

Great questions. Is there any firm answers to these yet?
People won't be walking through Alpriate anymore, the new route does not go through there and the albergue there is permanently closed. For distance, IIRC we have heard that it will be 8km less to reach Alverca but looking at a map, that seems optimistic. Crossing the new bridge, the route will continue close to the river rather than the more inland route through Alpriate.

I live in Lisbon and if the new route is ready within the next month, I'll try to walk it one day and provide a report here.

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
People won't be walking through Alpriate anymore, the new route does not go through there and the albergue there is permanently closed. For distance, IIRC we have heard that it will be 8km less to reach Alverca but looking at a map, that seems optimistic. Crossing the new bridge, the route will continue close to the river rather than the more inland route through Alpriate.

I live in Lisbon and if the new route is ready within the next month, I'll try to walk it one day and provide a report here.
Thanks, Nick,

I know that the new route will not go through Alpriate, but my understanding was that only part of the new route is now open — that people can cross the new bridge, but that the Loure boardwalk is not complete. So my question was for the people who are walking now. Are they sticking to the old route or taking the new bridge and then going back to the old route or somewhere else? Not sure you will know the answer, but fingers crossed!

Thank you so much, Nick! All of your efforts are greatly appreciated and make a positive difference to our Caminos! <3

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Me and my wife will start 20/8 from Lisbon and we have planned to walk to Vila Franca de Xira , might have to change plans a bit if its not possible to walk the new strech . Will report how the first day ended 🙂
We look forward to following your progress!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

€149,-
So based on the report attached by Friend of Barquinha in a nutshell what should we expect?
1. New route not open until 2024?
2. New route open first week in September 2023?
3. If new route is not open, assume we still use the old route through Alpriate (with no albergue open)?
thank you.

Well, as a non-expert but now experienced observer of Portuguese bureaucracy, my guess that the story I posted above is written from a press release.

The reality is likely to be: the official opening of the park, with everything completed, will not happen till early 2024.

I would guess the route north, which is actually to the river-side of the big park they're talking about, is walkable now, but not "officially" open.

See the following screenshot from GoogleMaps, taken in August 2023 so presumably in the last 2 weeks; showing the north end of the new bridge. The boardwalk through the marsh/estuary next to the river seems to be complete (to the right).

There does seem to be a lightweight net at the end of the bridge and a sign suggesting "no walkers," but my suspicion is that may be gone by now, since the World Youth Day included some pilgrimage to Fátima.

On the other hand, you don't want to get halfway along there and find that it ISN'T finished, and then you have to back-track. If @jungleboy does check it out in the next couple of weeks, everyone should have a clearer sense of what's going on.

1691981792398.png

Well, as a non-expert but now experienced observer of Portuguese bureaucracy, my guess that the story I posted above is written from a press release.

The reality is likely to be: the official opening of the park, with everything completed, will not happen till early 2024.

I would guess the route north, which is actually to the river-side of the big park they're talking about, is walkable now, but not "officially" open.

See the following screenshot from GoogleMaps, taken in August 2023 so presumably in the last 2 weeks; showing the north end of the new bridge. The boardwalk through the marsh/estuary next to the river seems to be complete (to the right).

There does seem to be a lightweight net at the end of the bridge and a sign suggesting "no walkers," but my suspicion is that may be gone by now, since the World Youth Day included some pilgrimage to Fátima.

On the other hand, you don't want to get halfway along there and find that it ISN'T finished, and then you have to back-track. If @jungleboy does check it out in the next couple of weeks, everyone should have a clearer sense of what's going on.

View attachment 154675
It appears that CAshworth will be setting out tomorrow (Aug 15th), so we'll have an earlier answer to the million dollar question.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I am starting today and spent most of yesterday trying to find a newer guidebook. No success anywhere, which i found funny but not surprising.
So i will be walking with my 2015 edition.
Starting in Lisbon at the Cathedral.
If i find this new route i will let you know.
Curious are there still pilgrims out there who walk without phones, making bookings and using just the guidebook walking in the moment??
Hope to meet some lovely people on the way...my last hike was remote and isolated (Wales Coast Path), so Im looking forward another magical Camino experience. 💝💝🚶‍♀️

I am starting today and spent most of yesterday trying to find a newer guidebook. No success anywhere, which i found funny but not surprising.
So i will be walking with my 2015 edition.
Starting in Lisbon at the Cathedral.
If i find this new route i will let you know.
Curious are there still pilgrims out there who walk without phones, making bookings and using just the guidebook walking in the moment??
Hope to meet some lovely people on the way...my last hike was remote and isolated (Wales Coast Path), so Im looking forward another magical Camino experience. 💝💝🚶‍♀️
Enjoy
Looking forward to your updates

Hi All,
Drum roll please......
Aug 17th 2023
New route is NOT open yet. Only can walk on the fresh, new wooden bridge. No dates or any other info, sorry.
Currently sipping iced tea and eating ice blocks in the vibey cafe in Aliprate. Its warm out but a lovely cool breeze.
PS i got a guidebook. At the Cathedral on my way out i tried my luck (in case) and seems the lady the day before had no idea bevause they do indeed sell them 🤦‍♀️
So got a new edition for maps but love my 2015 for notes, reflections.
PpS. I absolutely have been loving this start i cant believe people skip it. 💝💙💙

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi All,
Drum roll please......
Aug 17th 2023
New route is NOT open yet. Only can walk on the fresh, new wooden bridge. No dates or any other info, sorry.
Currently sipping iced tea and eating ice blocks in the vibey cafe in Aliprate. Its warm out but a lovely cool breeze.
PS i got a guidebook. At the Cathedral on my way out i tried my luck (in case) and seems the lady the day before had no idea bevause they do indeed sell them 🤦‍♀️
So got a new edition for maps but love my 2015 for notes, reflections.
PpS. I absolutely have been loving this start i cant believe people skip it. 💝💙💙
Buen Camino! Thank you for the update!

I’ll be starting out from Lisbon on Aug 19th. I’ll be looking forward to your report as well.
Sad to say that while the new bridge is open, the walkway once you cross the bridge is still closed. So no path that way yet as of Aug 16.

Attachments

• IMG_1717.jpeg
    IMG_1717.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 25
Sad to say that while the new bridge is open, the walkway once you cross the bridge is still closed. So no path that way yet as of Aug 16.
thank you for the update & photo. Since Walkway after the bridge is still closed assume you had to backtrack back over the bridge to continue on the Camino path through Alpriate?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
thank you for the update & photo. Since Walkway after the bridge is still closed assume you had to backtrack back over the bridge to continue on the Camino path through Alpriate?
Correct. The wooden esplanade along the water looks ready, but it’s still fenced off with a chain link fence. However, the walk to Alpriate runs on a dirt trail along an estuary. It was quite lovely and off from the roads.

Attachments

• IMG_1723.jpeg
    IMG_1723.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 27
I know people are keen to walk the new bridge and boardwalk, However, having walked to Granja and Alpriate with great solitude I think this route will still be preferable to miles of unrelenting boardwalk. If I was doing the CP again I would follow the original route.

I recognise everyone will have their own view.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I know people are keen to walk the new bridge and boardwalk, However, having walked to Granja and Alpriate with great solitude I think this route will still be preferable to miles of unrelenting boardwalk. If I was doing the CP again I would follow the original route.

I recognise everyone will have their own view.
I truely value a boardwalk in an appropriate location - an area of ecological interest that needs special protection, or bridging over a particularly wet/ muddy and)or dangerous section (like on the Camino Verde for instance).
However km after km of it is seriously hard on the feet! Not to mention boring as heck.
Give me a proper trail anytime. Of course, I'm not a local with a baby stroller......

It looks as though they officially opened the path along the river from the Oriente (Parque de Nações) to Vila Franca de Xira according to a Facebook post from the Junta (translation below):

“Walkway inaugurated

As of today, Parque das Nações residents and other visitors have another destination for walking, jogging or cycling.

More than two months after the inauguration of the Cyclopedestrian Bridge built by the Lisbon City Council, there is now a connection on the north bank.

It is now possible to go from Parque das Nações to Vila Franca de Xira, almost always by the river.

This will also be a link that integrates the Fátima and Santiago paths, allowing pilgrims to make their way more safely and with fewer risks.”

It looks as though they officially opened the path along the river from the Oriente (Parque de Nações) to Vila Franca de Xira according to a Facebook post from the Junta (translation below):

“Walkway inaugurated

As of today, Parque das Nações residents and other visitors have another destination for walking, jogging or cycling.

More than two months after the inauguration of the Cyclopedestrian Bridge built by the Lisbon City Council, there is now a connection on the north bank.

It is now possible to go from Parque das Nações to Vila Franca de Xira, almost always by the river.

This will also be a link that integrates the Fátima and Santiago paths, allowing pilgrims to make their way more safely and with fewer risks.”
That is good news as I head out on that way September 30. Thanks for the update.

Id be keen to know what town you plan on staying in for the first night ? And how many kms from the start in Lisbon?
I will be up all day on the 29th, fly all night and arrive in Lisbon at 6am. My plan is to walk from the airport to downtown, do a few things I want to do, head to the cathedral to get my stamp and then walk 7 miles up the river to a hotel in the parque das nações area. That first day will be a long one, but, I hope to be excited.

I will be up all day on the 29th, fly all night and arrive in Lisbon at 6am. My plan is to walk from the airport to downtown, do a few things I want to do, head to the cathedral to get my stamp and then walk 7 miles up the river to a hotel in the parque das nações area. That first day will be a long one, but, I hope to be excited.
I look forward to your posts. I arrive in Lisbon on the 1st and plan to walk the new route to Alverca do Ribatejo that day

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
This morning I've walked out of Lisbon towards Fatima, and I used the new boardwalk path from Sacavem, along the river.

It's 6km from Sacavem up to its end, where the Camino onward is signposted.

It's been open two weeks and is pretty busy. Cyclists, runners, walkers and pilgrims all out today.

I walked to its end to see how it finished, then doubled back and crossed a rough track away from the river and towards the Santa Iria station, and the VIP Executive Santa Iria Hotel, where I'm eating lunch and settling in.

Apart from some gated access ways, for emergencies I guess, the only ways off are at either end, or the rough track of about 400m away from the river to Santa Iria station.

It's not the loveliest leg of any Camino, and the mud and mangroves aren't always attractive. There is traffic noise from the roads, and the light industrial area isn't pretty.

But the boardwalk does shorten the first stage out of Lisbon, or open up more possibilities for trains back and forward.

It also makes the VIP Hotel as a realistic possibility to stay, and much closer to the Camino. Although I acknowledge it's not typical pilgrim accommodation.

Anyway, here's some footage.

Attachments

• IMG20230920140809.jpg
    IMG20230920140809.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 918
  • IMG20230922115830.jpg
    IMG20230922115830.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 86
  • IMG20230922121152.jpg
    IMG20230922121152.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 80
  • IMG20230922123648.jpg
    IMG20230922123648.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 81
  • IMG20230922121311.jpg
    IMG20230922121311.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 98
Interesting to read this and thanks for the update.
I thought the original track from Sacavem was already fine. It was all the road walking later on that was dangerous. Anyway, Buen Caminho!

Thanks for this report. I'm a bit surprized with the presence of mangroves along that river. How extensive where they?

Thanks for your interest dougfitz. I knew someone would ask about this! For mangrove please read, "plant that grows in tidal mud."
That makes more sense to me. It sounds like the plants are more likely to be reeds than bushes or trees. Were they tall enough to block the view of the river? I recall that in another section of walking near the river on the first couple of days, there were quite tall reeds in some stretches, and perhaps some bamboo as well tall enough to block the view of the river.

Thanks for your interest dougfitz. I knew someone would ask about this! For mangrove please read, "plant that grows in tidal mud."
The only mangroves I am familiar with and have seen are in the coastal areas of Florida and the Caribbean islands. I never think of them in Spain's rivers. I often learn something new on this forum...like now.

€60,-
That makes more sense to me. It sounds like the plants are more likely to be reeds than bushes or trees. Were they tall enough to block the view of the river? I recall that in another section of walking near the river on the first couple of days, there were quite tall reeds in some stretches, and perhaps some bamboo as well tall enough to block the view of the river.
I could see the river at all times, and also the shipping containers across the other side. That boardwalk rises up when crossing tributary streams so at times is quite high.

Today heading up to Vila Franca de Xira the reeds were tall and blocking the view both ways. Perhaps that's what.you remember.

Walked from Lisbon and up the boardwalk to Santa Iria station today. The track salbanev mentions is directly west from the boardwalk and gets you to the station in 500 metres. Will be getting the train back to Santa Iria in the am to continue the Camino. The Santa Iria exit is at Pontao da BP as per the boardwalk map attached. Also the first and probably last time I will see flamingos on a Camino!?

Attachments

• IMG_20230925_150328423.jpg
    IMG_20230925_150328423.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20230925_151809270.jpg
    IMG_20230925_151809270.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20230925_143025347.jpg
    IMG_20230925_143025347.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 44
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Also the first and probably last time I will see flamingos on a Camino!?
if you ever do the Nascente from the Faro area, you may see flamingos down in the salt pans near there.

€149,-
Are there any updates on the new camino route out of Lisbon. Last I recall it was not going to open until the pope's visit. Since this is a public works project and not directly being built for the camino, are locals already using it? I am arriving in Lisbon on Wednesday and will walk that day to the Parque Nacoes area. Looking to see if there are any options for my Thursday trek.
Thank you
Here’s the new path on Relive. It was a good, long walk on a hot, hot day.

Attachments

• 202411576.mp4
    33.4 MB
  • IMG_8857.jpeg
    IMG_8857.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 24
Update on Camino Portuguese: I’m here in Santiago after 23 days of long walks. The first two weeks were hot, very hot. From outside Porto to Santiago it rained - and I mean rained, poured at times. In the end it was a very rewarding walk. Now it’s off to Finisterre and Muxia (for some mussels).

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

I would like to walk the river route in Tui next month. I can see on google maps exactly where it starts, but it seems a bit overgrown. Has anybody used this route this year or last year...
Hello, my friend of 50+ years and I are on our first Camino walk. We are looking for: 1) safe, comfortable hostels in Lisbon; 2) stages from Lisbon to Porto (via Tomar) in about 16 days...
Hi I have searched everywhere to see if there is a luggage service from Lisbon to Porto. I know there is from Porto to Santiago, but Lisbon ???. Thanks for any info.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back