Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.

COVID Any websites tracking albergue openings for 2021?

trecile

Camino Addict
Year of past OR future Camino
Francés (2016 & 2017), Norte (2018), Francés-Salvador-Norte (2019), Portuguese (2019)
There were a couple of threads last year about websites that were keeping updated lists of which albergues were open. One was from @wisepilgrim
Does anyone know if there are sites tracking the openings of albergues for this year?

2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets

peregrina2000

Staff member
I don’t know of any websites, but I do know one albergue that has just opened — Albergue Maralotx in Cirauqui. Some forum members may remember Juanma and Paloma from the albergues in Ponte Ferreira on the Primitivo. They are now on the Francés and their place looks great.

trecile

Camino Addict
Francés (2016 & 2017), Norte (2018), Francés-Salvador-Norte (2019), Portuguese (2019)
Is Gronze.com considered to be pretty accurate regarding which albergues are open? I generally refer people to Gronze when questions like this come up.

mspath

Veteran Member
Frances, autumn/winter; 2004, 2005-2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
I don’t know of any websites, but I do know one albergue that has just opened — Albergue Maralotx in Cirauqui. Some forum members may remember Juanma and Paloma from the albergues in Ponte Ferreira on the Primitivo. They are now on the Francés and their place looks great.

I stayed there autumn 2010 and 2011; the wine cellar was a great space for dinner.

LTfit

Veteran Member
Is Gronze.com considered to be pretty accurate regarding which albergues are open? I generally refer people to Gronze when questions like this come up.
In my experience Gronze is quite accurate but their information comes from the albergue owners themselves meaning if they do not supply updated information to Gronze, the information may be inaccurate.

When I took over Albergue Villares de Orbigo I wrote Gronze myself to update the information. They were very timely in responding and changing the website.

Some sites contact the albergues directly, such as @wisepilgrim did last year but not all.

From what I'm hearing, privates on the Francés are opening up now. I have yet to hear about municipals (those in Galicia even are still closed) or parochials.

how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.
Camino Masks
12 different designs, shipped world wide from Santiago.

maruska89

Mary C.
Porto to SdC-Sept 2017
Camino Frances-Apr/May 2019

I stayed there in april 2019 and had a great stay. Their dinner in the wine cellar was superb! A memorable stay.

ritescot

Veteran member since 2011
Anyone know if Camino del Perdon at Uterga is open? I sent an e-mail several days ago, but received no answer. I stayed there in 2013, and would like to stay in September 2021.

Marc S.

Since 2012: CF, CdN, CP, Salvador, Aragones, Via Regia, Elisabethpfad, Jakobsweg NRW, Jakibspaad.
Anyone know if Camino del Perdon at Uterga is open? I sent an e-mail several days ago, but received no answer. I stayed there in 2013, and would like to stay in September 2021.

According to gronze.com they will open in July. This is maybe why they do not answer emails at the moment.

ritescot

Veteran member since 2011
According to gronze.com they will open in July. This is maybe why they do not answer emails at the moment.
Thanks Marc S. I was able to book at Casa Maralotx in Cirauqui for the following night. Juanma and Paloma there told me that Camino del Perdon in Uterga is closed now. They have been trying to contact them, too, and have had no response to e-mails. Good to know they may be reopening in July. I will try them later. Carole (Ritescot)

France (2012 and 2014)
Leon- Finisterre- Muxia, (May 2016)
Primitivo - Finisterre (May 2017)
While planning for camino Invierno in july, i found this page with updated list for open accomodation in France, Spain and Portugal.

John Brierley Camino Frances Guide
This guide is one of the ones that has been around for over 15 years. Updated yearly. Please read the reviews.
2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads