• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Any young pilgrims will walk after August?

Novos

Time of past OR future Camino
September 2016
Hi,

I'll be doing the camino frances during late august.
Been wondering, almost all european students start studying on September 1st, which means there won't be any young people on the camino afterwards..?

I ask this because i'm 24 and i'm a student. I'll continue studying on late October. I dont mind being with older people, but i wouldn't mind if there were younger people too.

What do you think?

Thanks.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Don't forget about all those young people who take a break from school or university to walk, and those from other continents than Europe. I think you'll have enough company! Enjoy your trip, Buen Camino!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Being long in tooth or somewhat long in tooth (oldish) I smiled at the thread.
Just remember everyone deserves the same respect regardless of age. Even those who can't hold their water.
The older seem to enjoy the younger as a reminder of earlier days for about an hour at a time :)
Buen Camino

Definitely! I am only 62 years old and I will be walking then.

Seriously .... the statistics from the Pilgrim Welcome Office last October shows 4746 peregrinos under 30 received their Compostela in that month.

Do not worry...enough young ones. But really age does not matter on the Camino.
I met some 70 plussers with more spirit and stamina than the younger generation.
Age is just a theoretical issue on your Id- card...;)
47 myself...sometimes feeling only 17...until I look in that mirror...;)

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hey Novos, I'm 22 from Canada and will be beginning my camino the second week of September. I too would like to meet younger pilgrims, but it has certainly not been a fear of mine.

Whatever happens, happens. Everyone has something to share.

Buen camino!

Do not worry...enough young ones. But really age does not matter on the Camino.
I met some 70 plussers with more spirit and stamina than the younger generation.
Age is just a theoretical issue on your Id- card...;)
47 myself...sometimes feeling only 17...until I look in that mirror...;)
This thread is getting better by the minute those 40ish babes are responding!!!

:):) Ok I am tuckered out...

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Dear Young Man,

You are heading to the Jurassic Park, asking politely, if you can avoid walking with dinosaurs.

Sorry to disappoint you, but the answer is: no.

And we all do snore. Really, really loud. In every albergue. And every single night!

:)
Lol... This now made me really really laugh..
Hm...a camino without snoring... That wd be odd.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hey Novos, I'm 22 from Canada and will be beginning my camino the second week of September. I too would like to meet younger pilgrims, but it has certainly not been a fear of mine.

Whatever happens, happens. Everyone has something to share.

Buen camino!
I'm walking from Burgos starting September 17th. Buen Camino to you!

Last year in September/October I walked most of the first 3 weeks with 3 ladies in their 20s all from North America and traveling separately and most of the last 3 weeks walking with many German men in their 20s. All of them spoke perfect English too. The Camino knows no age IMHO.

Nah, just us old farts.:p
Not.
You'll have plenty of company in your cohort.
That said, age doesn't matter so much out there.
Some of the most mature thoughtful peregrinos I've met were in their 20s...and we've all probably encountered immature, entitled, pain-in-the-you-know-what peregrinos who were several decades older.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi,

Been wondering, almost all european students start studying on September 1st, which means there won't be any young people on the camino afterwards..?

I ask this because i'm 24 and i'm a student. I'll continue studying on late October. I dont mind being with older people, but i wouldn't mind if there were younger people too.

What do you think?

Thanks.
My husband and I and another couple will be starting the walk mid August, our 26yr old son has decided to 'join' us but he will probably be looking forward to meeting lots of younger people

My husband and I and another couple will be starting the walk mid August, our 26yr old son has decided to 'join' us but he will probably be looking forward to meeting lots of younger people
We will be leaving St Jean about 15 August

This thread is getting better by the minute those 40ish babes are responding!!!

:):) Ok I am tuckered out...
When walking my CP I came across 5 spanish grandpa's in their early 70's and walked an hour together and I had so fun with those guys and enjoyed their conversation.
And as a 40ish babe gotta add that I found those men uber attractive

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi,

What do you think?

Thanks.

Hi, there are young people walking at all times of the year for different reasons. I am sure you will meet plenty. My camino family in Oct/Nov last year included 8 youngsters in their 20s and 30s, plus 2 oldies of my age (60ish), all from different countries and mostly starting out alone. One young lady had just got her law degree, and was about to go into practice. She was walking the camino because she knew she probably wouldn’t get the time again until she retired. There was also a 16 year-old, on his own (how brave is that!), walking for 2 weeks, who was doing a special project for his school in Germany. When the 12 of us went out for dinner in Burgos, to say farewell to the 16 year-old, we had no idea at the time that, over 3 weeks later, there would be 10 of us meeting up in Santiago on the same day! I walked alone every day, and tried hard to get away from the “young crowd”, as I thought they probably didn’t want an oldie like me in their midst. But we kept bumping into each other and they always seemed pleased to see me, have lunch together, and chat. Jill

Definitely! I am only 62 years old and I will be walking then.

Seriously .... the statistics from the Pilgrim Welcome Office last October shows 4746 peregrinos under 30 received their Compostela in that month.
I'm 62 also and will be walking from Le Puy to Conques in September.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi,
I am from Turkey and am 27, i am planning to do the camino on 22-23th of august until the end of september...

I was also looking for someone to go with :)

Hi,

What do you think?

Thanks.

You will meet plenty of pilgrims your age. Don't worry about that.
If I was in my twenties again I would definitely gravitate towards my age group while on the Camino.

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back