• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Anybody else doing the Da Costa beginning of december?

Dolf

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances(2017,2020), Finisterre, Portuges (2017)Lisbon /Fatima, Del Norte (2018), VdlP(2019)
Hello Pilgrims. Who is going to do the camino portuges da costa end of november/ beginning of december ?. I walked the camino Portuguese before, the interior variant. Any advice is also greatly appreciated, since it is winter after all. My first winter Camino. Doing a short one this time starting 29th of november in Porto.

Last edited:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Who is going to do the camino portuges da costa end of november/ beginning of december ?Any advise is also greatly appreciated, since it is winter after all. My first winter Camino.
We walked the Coastal from Porto + Espiritual in Jan this year. Mix of glorious sunshine, some drizzle, one day of downpour only. No strong winds, mild temp from +3 to +14C. Portuguese was a pleasant surprise to walk as expected much worse weatherwise. Now for me it's definitely an all season Camino, very comfortable to walk there! Will walk in Portugal in winter again if I have a chance. Finding accommodation is no problem even in winter, all or most of the municipal albergues are open and of good quality, some private albergues and of course pensions are available as well. There is no such thing as proper winter in Portugal as their winters feel like my regular autumn/spring with mild temperatures. Mind you a different point of view on the heating situation though so it might be cold in some albergues, especially if it's raining - take warm clothes for the albergues! My day-to-day blog of the Coastal in winter, pics a international :) https://anna-camino.livejournal.com/5457.html
These are the flowers from my Camino in Jan, you can glimpse some weather on the pics there as well: https://anna-camino.livejournal.com/5063.html Bom Caminho! :)

Dolf, how are your plans going? Haven't seen you around, and i'm curious about this route...

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Dolf. I delayed plans for walking mid October as the weather looked iffy and things got busy at home. Also looking at late November/early December specifically because the long range forecast, for what it is worth, looks favourable!

We're doing the first bit from December 26th and until we have to be back at work - so no Compostela this time, just a nice walk.

Most read last week in this forum

Will be walking the CP in Aug/Sep with planning clearly focused to staying (for the most part) on the Litoral. However, (using Brierley's Guide) the stage from A Ramallosa to Vigo sets up quite a...
Doing research for my upcoming Camino, I want to connect from coastal to central in Caminha. According to JB the ecopista is pleasant along the river, but I notice Stingy Nomads recommend the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back