Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Anybody else walking The Invierno during Easter 2019?

alaskadiver

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
May 2017-Camino Primitivo
April 2019-Camino de Invierno
Just curious if anyone else on the forum will be walking The Invierno during Easter. We start on Wednesday April 17th and will arrive in Santiago May 2nd. We’re not looking for walking buddies (don’t worry) just curious if we’ll come across any fellow forum members.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi Alaskadiver! I expect to be somewhere on the Invierno for Easter. I'm starting the Madrid camino late March, and taking the Frances from Sagahun to Ponferrada.
Would love to meet at least some other pilgrims on the quieter portions of the route.

Hi Alaskadiver and Tai Chi- My wife and I are leaving SJPDP on March 31 and thinking of departing the CF at Ponferada, It would be around Easter. I suspect every camino is busier during Semana Santa and we might opt for the Invierno when we get there.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I am arriving in Monforte de Lemos on April 23rd. Maybe we will cross paths.......Steve

I am arriving in Monforte de Lemos on April 23rd. Maybe we will cross paths.......Steve
Wiseass :)
This is an inside joke people. Steve is our best friend and got us hooked on the Camino. He joined us the first time part way through and is doing the same on our April trip.

Last edited:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Just curious if anyone else on the forum will be walking The Invierno during Easter. We start on Wednesday April 17th and will arrive in Santiago May 2nd. We’re not looking for walking buddies (don’t worry) just curious if we’ll come across any fellow forum members.
I walked it in September. We only saw 4 other pilgrims the entire time. When albergues were available, we were the only ones occupying it.
Very peaceful..
Enjoy

Plan on starting around the 19th of April. Hope to not be totally alone. Sounds like maybe I won't be. :)
It's my 1st camino so I'll be the one lost all the time, haha
@alaskadiver, thanks for your itinerary, been using it as a guide for mine.

Plan on starting around the 19th of April. Hope to not be totally alone. Sounds like maybe I won't be. :)
It's my 1st camino so I'll be the one lost all the time, haha
@alaskadiver, thanks for your itinerary, been using it as a guide for mine.
We'll be 3 days ahead of you so we can forewarn you of any issues :)

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi yes me and my friend from Malta will be doing the Invierno this coming April starting from Monforte up to Santiago from the 14 April...

This anecdotal unscientific sampling suggests that yes indeed, pilgrims are increasing on the Camino Invierno. I can't remember ever seeing this many people saying -- hey, I'm walking at about the same time you are.

Looking forward to hearing what the spring walkers say. I hope to be back in late June, so I have a particular interest in hearing about things that have changed since we wrote our awesome forum guide. ;)

Buen camino, Laurie

Hola All! I stumbled upon this forum a few months ago and have been inspired to give the Invierno a try. I will be walking from Pamplona (starting April 24) and plan to switch to the Invierno from Ponferada. Many thanks for all the good advice and the excellent Invierno Guide - what a great job! 😀

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
friend and I are scheduled to walk on vdlP starting April 15. We have 3 weeks. I chose vdlP because I thought the weather might be better in south in April and was super excited to experience Seville for a day or two during Semana Santa. The more the time approaches and read, the more I feel I might really miss the variety of terrain.and mountains. Have been following this thread and others considering changing to Invierno or Sanabres . I tried to download the Invierno guide via a different thread and was not ablle to. Suggestions? Thoughts?

friend and I are scheduled to walk on vdlP starting April 15. We have 3 weeks. I chose vdlP because I thought the weather might be better in south in April and was super excited to experience Seville for a day or two during Semana Santa. The more the time approaches and read, the more I feel I might really miss the variety of terrain.and mountains. Have been following this thread and others considering changing to Invierno or Sanabres . I tried to download the Invierno guide via a different thread and was not ablle to. Suggestions? Thoughts?

Hi, Frisbie,
I don’t want to push you away from the Invierno, which is a wonderful camino, but the Vdlp in April is a meadow paradise full of wildflowers. In northern Andalucía and Extremadura, there is this thing called the “dehesa”. Someone should give me a good translation into English, but basically it consists of rocky green meadows with lots of oaks and streams, and a lot of little white flowers. It is gorgeous in springtime. In fact, I came across a Dutch pilgrim last year right outside of Aljucén. He was moved to tears by the beauty. I didn’t cry, but it was just beautiful.

But onto the Invierno.... Here is a link to the guide, let me know if you can’t open it. It is also a five star camino! Buen camino, whichever route you choose, Laurie

Hi, Frisbie,
I don’t want to push you away from the Invierno, which is a wonderful camino, but the Vdlp in April is a meadow paradise full of wildflowers. In northern Andalucía and Extremadura, there is this thing called the “dehesa”. Someone should give me a good translation into English, but basically it consists of rocky green meadows with lots of oaks and streams, and a lot of little white flowers. It is gorgeous in springtime. In fact, I came across a Dutch pilgrim last year right outside of Aljucén. He was moved to tears by the beauty. I didn’t cry, but it was just beautiful.

But onto the Invierno.... Here is a link to the guide, let me know if you can’t open it. It is also a five star camino! Buen camino, whichever route you choose, Laurie

Hi Laurie: thank you for the link to the guide. If not this year, hopefully next. I really appreciate your quick reply and insights on the VdlP. Will stick with it since it's rare I walk in April. Of course every camino is different and provides its own special feel and beauty but nice to be reassured that even though not as mountainous, the vdlP will offer its own flavor of nature. I'll let you know if i get moved to tears! Certainly would welcome that. Sylvie

A selection of Camino Jewellery

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back