• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Anybody here from Prague (Czech Republic)?

SYates

Camino Fossil AD 1999, now living in Santiago de C
Time of past OR future Camino
First: Camino Francés 1999
Last: Santiago - Muxia 2019

Now: http://egeria.house/
I know it is a wide shoot, but perhaps there are some peregrinos on this forum that also live here and would like to meet up? SY

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I know it is a wide shoot, but perhaps there are some peregrinos on this forum that also live here and would like to meet up? SY

Hi!

Yes, I am a peregrino who lives outside of Prague but I visit Prague on a regular basis.
I actually visited Dejvicka recently to collect my Pilgrim's Passport because I'm planning to walk from Prague to Finisterre this winter.

If you would like to meet up then pls feel free to message me on my site and we can plan a walk around Prague and a chat.

Take care,

Nev :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! I am planning to walk next year (starting May/June, depending on the weather) from Prague to Santiago. Sure would love to meet up! Where in the CR are you? SY

PS I do live in Dejvice ;-)

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Wow! I am planning to walk next year (starting May/June, depending on the weather) from Prague to Santiago. Sure would love to meet up! Where in the CR are you? SY

PS I do live in Dejvice ;-)

Hi back SYates!
I live close to Cesky Krumlov but travel to Prague 2 or 3 times a month and my children live in Brno, so I also travel there frequently. I will be in Prague early in the week so if you have time then I'd love to meet a fellow pilgrim and take a walk.
When I completed my Camino in the summer I had so much positive energy and gradually it has seeped out :) So when I went to collect my Credencial and the woman who gave it to me had the Camino spirit of enthusiasm, I felt again the energy. It's easy to lose the magic in everyday life.

btw SYates, I thought about your reply regarding asking churches for money and upon reflection I think you are right. Therefore I have updated my aim now:
http://mycaminosantiago.com/aim/
Thank you for the feedback and wishing you and your husband a lovely weekend!
Nev :)

I am going to follow your experiences avidly Nev and S Yates. I am planning to take a year (assuming I can get a Schengen Visa!) and walk. This is a project that I have been planning for my retirement, and part of the journey will be through Prague on my way to Leipzig to join Jakobsweg. This won't be until winter 2015 and so hopefully I will be able to meet up with you when I pass through. I have cobbled together a journey using pilgrimage routes (to Rome and Jerusalem) and cycle ways. I do have some interesting maps of different routes, and it is amazing how much is out there - both in map form, and guide books (most in foreign languages though unfortunatley). Buen Camino Nev. Janet

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I am going to follow your experiences avidly Nev and S Yates. I am planning to take a year (assuming I can get a Schengen Visa!) and walk. This is a project that I have been planning for my retirement, and part of the journey will be through Prague on my way to Leipzig to join Jakobsweg. This won't be until winter 2015 and so hopefully I will be able to meet up with you when I pass through. I have cobbled together a journey using pilgrimage routes (to Rome and Jerusalem) and cycle ways. I do have some interesting maps of different routes, and it is amazing how much is out there - both in map form, and guide books (most in foreign languages though unfortunatley). Buen Camino Nev. Janet
Thank you Janet and Buen Camino to you too :) I heard that it is still not possible to walk to Jerusalem because of the conflict in Syria.

There are alternatives. I will go to Israel via the Greek Islands. Like I said - cobbled. As much as I would like to go all the way through Turkey I think I will turn off before Istambul and head down through the islands. I personally would be too nervous going the other way.

There are alternatives. I will go to Israel via the Greek Islands. Like I said - cobbled. As much as I would like to go all the way through Turkey I think I will turn off before Istambul and head down through the islands. I personally would be too nervous going the other way.
Hi jl. Yes, you can catch a ferry to Haifa from Rhodos (goes via Limasol).

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back