Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Anybody want to meet? Puente de Reina

Gwaihir

Camino(s) past & future
Past: Nijmegen (Holland) to Fisterra, July-November 2019.

Future: Te Araroa, NZ
Hi guys!

I'm stuck in Puente de Reina. After 3.5 months of hiking & catching a fever, I finally got the message and am waiting here until I feel better.

I might leave tomorrow (it's expensive here), but I was wondering if there's anyone close who will catch up to me and wants to have a chat.

I've been on this forum for a while, but don't know anybody personally yet so might be fun.

PS. I don't look like my profile picture anymore :p will try to update (updated!)

Last edited:

SEB2

Camino(s) past & future
CF (2015), CP (2016), part of Vasco (2019)
Hi guys!

I'm stuck in Puente de Reina. After 3.5 months of hiking & catching a fever, I finally got the message and am waiting here until I feel better.

I might leave tomorrow (it's expensive here), but I was wondering if there's anyone close who will catch up to me and wants to have a chat.

I've been on this forum for a while, but don't know anybody personally yet so might be fun.

PS. I don't look like my profile picture anymore :p will try to update
Hi @Gwaihir, can’t make a meeting as I am in Scotland but suggest you go to Maneru where there is a very welcoming albergue. Also an excellent bar there. Wishing you well.

sdevine

Camino Frances 2019, and planning 2020
Camino(s) past & future
4/26/2019 - 6/12/2019, planning 2020
wow.. wish i was there..

Gwaihir

Camino(s) past & future
Past: Nijmegen (Holland) to Fisterra, July-November 2019.

Future: Te Araroa, NZ
SEB2, thank you for the tip! I will definitely go to Maneru :)

Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2006) Portugues(2013)
San Salvador (2017) Ingles (2019)
SEB2, thank you for the tip! I will definitely go to Maneru :)
I see you have changed your look! I was in Mañeru this summer, and as SEB2 said, the hospitaleros are very welcoming - they have both walked the Frances I think, and so know what it is to be a pilgrim.

SEB2

Camino(s) past & future
CF (2015), CP (2016), part of Vasco (2019)
@Gwaihir after posting my message I checked with Gronze about the months that the Maneru albergue is open & it is Semana Santa to October, so I am hoping it doesn’t close before the end of October. A peregrina friend of mine stayed at an albergue (also cafe/bar) in Lorca which she stayed at before and rates highly. We both stayed at Agora Hostal in Estella which is also run by two sisters and a brother who are very caring people. While in Estella go down to the bench on the river shore and watch the kingfishers, pure magic!

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 56 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 197 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 327 24.9%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.2%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 28.9%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.0%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock