• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Anyone doing the Camino in April 2016

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Wondering whether anyone starting in April. Be great to keep any eye out for familiar people.
Hi, starting with two mates 24 April from sjdp, the waiting is the hardest part. Two of the trio have walked sections before and we have a camino novice with us. It's 3 'mature' guys. Look forward to meeting fellow pilgrims. Been camino

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hoping to start from Pamplona on 27th April. Booked Casa Ibarrola for night of 26th April.

Hi, I have just booked my flight to Biarritz, I arrive 17.10. I'm a complete Camino novice, and I wondered if I should book transport to SJDPP. Or is it pretty straight forward. Maybe I'll see you, I'm the one with the bewildered expression on his face :)

A selection of Camino Jewellery
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Wondering whether anyone starting in April. Be great to keep any eye out for familiar people.
Yes. I plan to start from Leon on April 26th. I left off there June 2015. So excited!

Start walking from SJPDP on the 14th or Roncenvalles if the pass is closed or not recommended. Look for 2 old guys going slow and talking trash to each other. Buen Camino

Happy Trails

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I'll be continuing from Puente la Reina on the 28th April.

56pilgrim and gidivet - maybe see you then!

I'll be continuing from Puente la Reina on the 28th April.

56pilgrim and gidivet - maybe see you then!
Me too. I carry a bright orange Osprey pack with a forum logo on the back.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
20th April from SJPDP....Can't wait so excited :)

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

I will start on April 1 st from SJPP.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Our first camino! Coming from Brisbane Australia. Starting from SJPDP on the 22nd April.
Spain in the Spring! Can't wait................
Buen Camino everyone :)

Buen Camino, and welcome!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Dear Peregrinos,
I can feel the energy and the longing to get under way in April. For most, finally fulfilling a long anticipated walk and what a walk it is!
I just heard a good quote from a veteran walker:
"During the day, when they walk, some people like to isolate themselves from the other pilgrims. During the night the desire grows to communicate and engage in dialogue between pilgrims. I think both situations complement each other."
Some of you just may meet up after these postings, but be assured you will do as much meeting up as you need or desire with the hundreds of your fellow pilgrims starting their walk in April.
Buen Camino

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I leave Madrid on 7 April, and hope to arrive at Sahagun around 20 April, on my way to Santiago likely during the first week of May.

We are staying at Corazon Puro on April 16, leaving SJDP April 17. See you then!

Resuming CF out of Burgos on April 7.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Our first camino! Coming from Brisbane Australia. Starting from SJPDP on the 22nd April.

Me too! April 22 from SJPdP -- so excited. I'm from the Asheville NC (USA) area.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
If you see a guy wearing bright green shoes, black and yellow tights with a bright orange shirt that will probably be me. I arrive just after 7pm sjdpp 5th april start out on the 6th. Don't be shy to say hola.

Buen Camino.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi, I have just booked my flight to Biarritz, I arrive 17.10. I'm a complete Camino novice, and I wondered if I should book transport to SJDPP. Or is it pretty straight forward. Maybe I'll see you, I'm the one with the bewildered expression on his face :)

When is your flight booked? Which day?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
We arrive late on the 4th April to SJPDP so start the next day. I really would like to spend the first night at Orisson if the pass is open. Is anyone else planning to stay then? We are from Australia.
Buen Camino

Hey there fellow pilgrim. I am starting my first, and solo Camino on April 1st, I too hope to recognize some names out there, will make it feel a little more familiar !!
Buen Camino, Shannon

I am in the same situation....solo from SJPP, on April 1st.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I will be leaving St. Jean Pied de Port around April 21. Planning on the Valcarlos route out and to walk slow and enjoy the scenery. Traveling with my husband. Our first Camino and we expect it to be quite a change from living on the beach in the Caribbean!

Starting from Pamplona on the 29th of April.

I will be staying at Casa Ibarrola - 28th of April.

May we meet on the way

Great... I have a charcoal Deuter backpack, Red Black Diamond trekking poles. Buen Camino

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Norm and I will be starting in Burgos April 23. We hiked last year from Saint Jean to Burgos and want to pick up where we left off.
Been Camino!

Leaving SJPDP on April 13th for a first night at Orisson. Not much risk of being lonely on the trail, as you can see!

April 8th from SJPP.
i am leaving from station in sjpp at about midday on the 8th, not sure if bonaparte route is open so am thinking of taking the valcarlos route, depending on how i am doing may stay in valcarlos municipal albergue on the 8th or if still feel good and have enough time will head to Roncesvalles.
hope to see you on the way.

mark

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I land in Madrid on the 14th - I have not worked up my plan on getting from Madrid to SJDP yet- but I hope to walk out of SJDP on the 16th!! I am pretty excited about it!!

I'm Brisbane as well. Starting on the 6th April

We arrive late on the 4th April to SJPDP so start the next day. I really would like to spend the first night at Orisson if the pass is open. Is anyone else planning to stay then? We are from Australia.
Buen Camino
I'll be leaving SJPDP on the 6th. Not stopping at Orisson so I might see you at Roncesvalles listen out for the Aussie accents

€83,-
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
We
We are first time too. Also coming from Brisbane. Starting from Leon on the 9th of April. We leave here end of March and travel via Ireland. Excited. Maree.
Buen Camino.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I will be leaving St. Jean Pied de Port around April 21. Planning on the Valcarlos route out and to walk slow and enjoy the scenery. Traveling with my husband. Our first Camino and we expect it to be quite a change from living on the beach in the Caribbean!
My husband and I are starting out on the 21st as well. If conditions permit, we will be staying the 21st in Orrison and then over to Roncesvalles... see you along the route. This waiting is killing me !

You will love it, my husband and I walked Camino Francis last year, started last day of March and finished 1st week of May. My husband had a knee replacement 16 weeks prior to us starting. Beautiful countryside and the people you meet is amazing, we have made life long friends from all over the world. Take time to really enjoy the journey. Once you have done one you will be left wanting to do more.

I am!! Plan to leave SJPDP 2 April
Lori
La Nonna pellegrina
Hi my Girlfriend and I are also planning to leave from SJPP on 02 April. We are Staying one night in SJPP on 01 April. Perhaps we will meet up. Trying to get a confirmation from Orrison has been the easiest but working on it.

Buen Camino

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

My son and I are flying into Paris on the 22, and will at SJPP on April 23 at around noon. We'll be making the long trek up to Orrison and collapse there in a jet lagged fog. Our real walking will start on the 24th. :) I am soooo excited! I'm still amazed that everything has worked out for us in the last 3 days! Buen Camino!

Norm and I will be starting in Burgos April 23. We hiked last year from Saint Jean to Burgos and want to pick up where we left off.
Been Camino!

Last year my son and I hiked from Leon, this year we hope to hike from St. Jean to Burgos. How long did it take you? Do you have any advice for us? Favorite albergues? Places we shouldn't miss?

image.jpeg
Been Camino!
I'm even walking from my Burgos hostel to the Norte y Londres hotel to officially restart my camino where I left off in 2014. It's only a few blocks...

Last edited:

€46,-
Hi.. first time replying to anything in the forum.. and leaving on the same day.. 26th April from SJPdP, coming from Sydney, Australia on my first Camino. See you there

Hopefully we will see you on the camino!

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back