• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Anyone doing the Camino in April 2016

I also will start my first Camino on April 1st from Roncesvalles...
At first I was in fear that in that time of April won't be so much people there and that there will be no one to direct me when I get lost on the Way... :) I see now that my fear is completely unnecessary ... :)

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Attachments

• DSC01523-1.jpg
    DSC01523-1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi Yoginee, yes, arrive on the 12th and start on 13th. How's the prep going?

Prep going well. Doing a lot of hiking to prepare. Yourself?

Osprey Kestrel 38
I really don't know how you do it. I have the 50 atmos and I'm packed tight. my pack only weighs in at 21lbs and its full. I do have sneakers that take up a lot of room, but i don't think i overpacked.
Sneakers
1 extra pair of pants
3 extra shirts
1 fleece
1 rain jacket
flip flops
4 underwear
4 socks
1 hat
1 gloves
shower supplies
TP
bandades and blister supplies
neospouran
voltaren
Meds
very small duck tape
sleeping bag (Compression bag)
sleeping pad (tied to the outside)
guide book
passport
4 cloths-pins

My list looks pretty minimal.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
I really don't know how you do it. I have the 50 atmos and I'm packed tight. my pack only weighs in at 21lbs and its full...My list looks pretty minimal.
Out of curiosity subtract the empty weight of the Atmos (4lbs empty), the sleeping bag, the tennis shoes, the guide book and the sleeping pad. I'm betting that's where all the weight lies. You don't need the pad and sleeping bag, and probably don't need the guide. If the pack is a recent purchase just for the Camino see if you can return it for something like an Osprey Exos saving 2 lbs right there. Unless the tennis shoes are the Minimus style, they probably weigh a lot - are these your after shower shoes? Go with something lighter from your closet. When do you go? Buen Camino!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Ahh...may see you on the 7th. All the best.
Definitely, I'll be the Tongan (I say that because Tongan thinks I'm Tongan) looking Filipino from California. I will be slow and taking my time, please say hello as you pass me by and hope to see everyone in all the stops.

We are 7 arriving on the 28th...we all met on the forum about 7-8 months ago...starting the 29th from SJPDP and staying in Orisson the 29th! Buen Camino!
Hi,
I may well see you all then. I just came to the forum to look up information on Orisson. I had thought about going straight to Roncevalles, but now i'm thinking about being more relaxed and taking time to enjoy the scenery, assuming the weather will let me. Are any of you 7 staying in Beilari in SJPdP?
Kevin.

Hi,
I may well see you all then. I just came to the forum to look up information on Orisson. I had thought about going straight to Roncevalles, but now i'm thinking about being more relaxed and taking time to enjoy the scenery, assuming the weather will let me. Are any of you 7 staying in Beilari in SJPdP?
Kevin.

We were going to stay there [Beilari] however because two are coming in a little later by train, they were too strict about times of arrival and in insisting we have our meal there...anyway, we are staying at the Ultreïa down the road. You will be able to spot us with this:
Camino_Knit_Toque_2016.JPG
Buen Camino...

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
We were going to stay there [Beilari] however because two are coming in a little later by train, they were too strict about times of arrival and in insisting we have our meal there...anyway, we are staying at the Ultreïa down the road. You will be able to spot us with this:
View attachment 24288
Buen Camino...
If I see it i'll be sure to say hello.

Out of curiosity subtract the empty weight of the Atmos (4lbs empty), the sleeping bag, the tennis shoes, the guide book and the sleeping pad. I'm betting that's where all the weight lies. You don't need the pad and sleeping bag, and probably don't need the guide. If the pack is a recent purchase just for the Camino see if you can return it for something like an Osprey Exos saving 2 lbs right there. Unless the tennis shoes are the Minimus style, they probably weigh a lot - are these your after shower shoes? Go with something lighter from your closet. When do you go? Buen Camino!
I was really pretty happy with the weight. 21 lbs didn't feel bad. It was more the bulkiness of fitting it in. I tried the exos and it wasn't comfortable. I figure I'm going to be married to this pack for a month, it better feel good. Thats why i went to the Atmos. I would definitely ditch the sleeping pad if i knew i wouldn't need it. My bag (BIG ANGUS) needs a pad. No insulation on the bottom. It would be my luck to not bring the pad an have to sleep on the floor or outside. The sneaker are for after showers. I could never get use to sandals. They're nike runners.
Buen Camino

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
My list looks pretty minimal.[/QUOTE]

Hi BillyB

I have refined my packing list over the years.
It is based on the lightest and least bulky of each item that I can get away with.
I don't carry a paper guidebook anymore, using apps on my phone instead.
I don't carry an extra pair of sneakers, and my flip-flops are in an outside pocket - see picture attached to the original answer.
My list is reduced further depending on which section I walk, time of year and weather forecasts just before leaving home. For instance, the waterproof gloves are handy for crossing the Pyrenees in driving rain and sleet, but you can get away without them until you hit the Cruz de Ferro.
I have some cheap items where possible, but spent a bit more money to reduce bulk when I bought my sleeping bag, fleece, body warmer and rain gear - these items are very lightweight and small.
My pack weight for warmer weather (including pack) is around 7250 g. In colder/wetter weather I add long johns and said waterproof gloves to get to around 7850 g.
Unfortunately I also have to carry a CPAP kit, which adds another 1305 g, so worst case scenario my pack weighs 9166 g with the current list.
I plan to shave some more items off this list but this usually happens during the last few days before setting off.

I can share my complete packing list, but the principles above have helped me. The Kestrel is not the lightest pack at 1390 g, however it is extremely comfortable, which counts for a lot.
Almost everything in my pack gets compressed into Exped fold drybags, and I think that is very helpful to fit it all in, and of course, to keep the items dry.
If the Atmos fits you well that's ok, and the extra volume helps when you want to carry some food items for a picnic.

I hope this helps. I'd be happy to answer more specific questions privately - just message me via the "conversations" feature on my profile page.

I land in Madrid on the 14th - I have not worked up my plan on getting from Madrid to SJDP yet- but I hope to walk out of SJDP on the 16th!! I am pretty excited about it!![/QUO
I land in Madrid on the 14th - I have not worked up my plan on getting from Madrid to SJDP yet- but I hope to walk out of SJDP on the 16th!! I am pretty excited about it!!
Deb and I arrive in SJDP mid-day on the 17th. Will walk up to Orisson that day then onwards and upwards from there on April 18. As far as getting to SJDP, we are coming in from Barcelona. Train to Pamplona then we booked with the friendly folks at Corazon Puro. They will pick us up at Pamplona train station,
I land in Madrid on the 14th - I have not worked up my plan on getting from Madrid to SJDP yet- but I hope to walk out of SJDP on the 16th!! I am pretty excited about it!!
Deb and I arrive in SJDP mid morning on April 17. We will check out the village then start off easy, only going as far as Orisson that night. From there it is onwards and upwards from the 18th.
For what its worth, we are coming in from Barcelona. We'll take a train to Pamplona where the folks at Corazon Puro will pick us up. Dinner and a bed at their place then they drive us to SJDP the next morning. http://www.corazonpuro.es/Enghome.html
Perhaps we'll see you along the way. Buen camino

Deb and I arrive in SJDP mid morning on April 17. We will check out the village then start off easy, only going as far as Orisson that night. From there it is onwards and upwards from the 18th.
For what its worth, we are coming in from Barcelona. We'll take a train to Pamplona where the folks at Corazon Puro will pick us up. Dinner and a bed at their place then they drive us to SJDP the next morning. http://www.corazonpuro.es/Enghome.html
Hi Brian & Deb - This morning I purchased train tickets from Bilbao to SJDP for $88. I am planning on walking out on the morning of Saturday the 16th, so I should be a day or so ahead of you. Hopefully we will see each other along the way. I am pretty jazzed up about it! Buen Camino!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I really don't know how you do it. I have the 50 atmos and I'm packed tight. my pack only weighs in at 21lbs and its full. I do have sneakers that take up a lot of room, but i don't think i overpacked.
Sneakers
1 extra pair of pants
3 extra shirts
1 fleece
1 rain jacket
flip flops
4 underwear
4 socks
1 hat
1 gloves
shower supplies
TP
bandades and blister supplies
neospouran
voltaren
Meds
very small duck tape
sleeping bag (Compression bag)
sleeping pad (tied to the outside)
guide book
passport
4 cloths-pins

You really do have a minimal list... and I agree, how do people get down bellow 17lbs - I am saying 17lbs because that is where I am right now - my list is as lean as your - doesn't include water, wallet, sunscreen, glass case [because one I wear and need to bring the other] - I am totally stumped! Someone said to me...can't you wear the extra pound or two... yes, I probably can, but on days that it is too hot to wear the extra layer etc... and, it's still the same weight on my back haha
Buen Camino @BillyB

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I am leaving SJPP in April but not sure what day. Probably the 18th. Going to see some friends who live nearby and not sure when I will start off.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Hi BillyB

I have refined my packing list over the years.
It is based on the lightest and least bulky of each item that I can get away with.
I don't carry a paper guidebook anymore, using apps on my phone instead.
I don't carry an extra pair of sneakers, and my flip-flops are in an outside pocket - see picture attached to the original answer.
My list is reduced further depending on which section I walk, time of year and weather forecasts just before leaving home. For instance, the waterproof gloves are handy for crossing the Pyrenees in driving rain and sleet, but you can get away without them until you hit the Cruz de Ferro.
I have some cheap items where possible, but spent a bit more money to reduce bulk when I bought my sleeping bag, fleece, body warmer and rain gear - these items are very lightweight and small.
My pack weight for warmer weather (including pack) is around 7250 g. In colder/wetter weather I add long johns and said waterproof gloves to get to around 7850 g.
Unfortunately I also have to carry a CPAP kit, which adds another 1305 g, so worst case scenario my pack weighs 9166 g with the current list.
I plan to shave some more items off this list but this usually happens during the last few days before setting off.

I can share my complete packing list, but the principles above have helped me. The Kestrel is not the lightest pack at 1390 g, however it is extremely comfortable, which counts for a lot.
Almost everything in my pack gets compressed into Exped fold drybags, and I think that is very helpful to fit it all in, and of course, to keep the items dry.
If the Atmos fits you well that's ok, and the extra volume helps when you want to carry some food items for a picnic.

I hope this helps. I'd be happy to answer more specific questions privately - just message me via the "conversations" feature on my profile page.[/QUOTE]

Gidivet, do you carry any regular pants or just the hiking type. Im leaving the 12th. What day you leaving?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
You really do have a minimal list... and I agree, how do people get down bellow 17lbs - I am saying 17lbs because that is where I am right now - my list is as lean as your - doesn't include water, wallet, sunscreen, glass case [because one I wear and need to bring the other] - I am totally stumped! Someone said to me...can't you wear the extra pound or two... yes, I probably can, but on days that it is too hot to wear the extra layer etc... and, it's still the same weight on my back haha
Buen Camino @BillyB
I Agree. I get it that you can't have everything. But I'm going to bring what i need even if it means an extra pound or two. What day do you leave?

Hi my Girlfriend and I are also planning to leave from SJPP on 02 April. We are Staying one night in SJPP on 01 April. Perhaps we will meet up. Trying to get a confirmation from Orrison has been the easiest but working on it.

Buen Camino
I look forward to meet you both! Buen Camino

I Agree. I get it that you can't have everything. But I'm going to bring what i need even if it means an extra pound or two. What day do you leave?

I will be arriving in SJPDP on the 28th of April and will start the journey on the 29th. Booked in Orisson. You?

€46,-
Gidivet, do you carry any regular pants or just the hiking type. Im leaving the 12th. What day you leaving?
Hi BillyB

I'm just using hiking type pants (trousers) - wearing one and carrying one in the pack.
I use swimming trunks which can double as shorts for wearing around the albergue and sleeping.

I start from Pamplona on Wed 27th April.

Me too! First time, bringing a friend. Sooooo excited!

Me three! I am planning to start in SJPP on 1 April. Hoping to find some friendly souls to walk with my first day, as I have quite the case of the nerves!

@Anne D. you will find yourself walking with many and once you take about ten steps on the way out of SJPDP you will be fine. Enjoy the excitement!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
My Mom and I are leaving from SJPP on April 24! Still waiting on a confirmation from Orrison. I'm from Vancouver and Mom's from India, look forward to meeting you...this is my second Camino in 2 years but I only made it 5 days last time due to illness and injury to my daughter...better luck this time-Cheers!

Hi my Girlfriend and I are also planning to leave from SJPP on 02 April. We are Staying one night in SJPP on 01 April. Perhaps we will meet up. Trying to get a confirmation from Orrison has been the easiest but working on it.

Buen Camino
We are leaving SJPDP on the 02 Apr as well. I got a reply from Orrison saying they wouldn't take bookings for the early Apr due to the weather being unpredictable, fingers crossed it will be nice. :)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
In 2014 there was some of the heaviest snow of the season during the month of May.

Wondering whether anyone starting in April. Be great to keep any eye out for familiar people.
3 lovely Irish ladies resuming our walk on April 24th from Los Arcos where we stopped May 1st 2015..counting the days

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
My Mom and I are leaving from SJPP on April 24! Still waiting on a confirmation from Orrison. I'm from Vancouver and Mom's from India, look forward to meeting you...this is my second Camino in 2 years but I only made it 5 days last time due to illness and injury to my daughter...better luck this time-Cheers!
We'll be one day ahead of you
From Vancouver as well

Me three! I am planning to start in SJPP on 1 April. Hoping to find some friendly souls to walk with my first day, as I have quite the case of the nerves!
Hi Anne,
My friend Yvonne and I are first timers and get into SJPP on March 30. We hope to go the Napoleon route and get to Roncesvalles leaving SJPP on April 1st. Haven't made a reservation in SJPP, just thinking of figuring it out when we get there. So excited!!! Thinking about the difficulty of the first leg, my feeling is that the more of us connecting and helping each other the better!
Buen Camino!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Arrive SJPP April 19 late aft. Staying in Orosson the 20th and then it's on to Santiago. 'Can't get here fast enough!

Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Joining you in the excitement of actualising the dream. I fligh out one week from today. Fine tuning my packing, waterproofing & spraying my gear for bed bugs. Training has me feeling tired and enthusiastic. Burn Camino!

Ha!! Yes, I also have done all the bedbug paranoia activities :) I fear I have not trained enough, but I am on my own journey and on my own time..
Best wishes and congratulations for making a dream come true!

Training has been good, I think. Hiked 20k with 10k in pack on Thursday. Legs were strong, shoulders a little sore Friday & Saturday. Thank goodness I won't be carrying that much. I guess I won't know how well I have trained until about day 5. And then again, El Camino will be training me.
Buen Camino!

I do believe I am going to suffer... but I guess I will never forget. Buen Camino!

I do believe I am going to suffer... but I guess I will never forget. Buen Camino!
I've been backpacking for a long time. No matter how your physical abilities are, take it easy during the first week and give your body to adjust. This is not one of the trails in the high Sierras. Not only you need to get use to it physically but most importantly, mentally. Your research and preparation should be on your footwear and properly fitted backpack. Once you get those two, get the lightest gear you can afford. 20% of your body weight is a rule of thumb not set in stone. Your body will adjust. Take care of your feet and keep them dry by changing into dry socks often. Take the time to rest your feet or you will take the time to treat it from injuries, your choice. 23 yrs in the military and longer years of backpacking, I've never had a blister.
Buen Camino... See you on the trail

Joel

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I've been backpacking for a long time. No matter how your physical abilities are, take it easy during the first week and give your body to adjust. This is not one of the trails in the high Sierras. Not only you need to get use to it physically but most importantly, mentally. Your research and preparation should be on your footwear and properly fitted backpack. Once you get those two, get the lightest gear you can afford. 20% of your body weight is a rule of thumb not set in stone. Your body will adjust. Take care of your feet and keep them dry by changing into dry socks often. Take the time to rest your feet or you will take the time to treat it from injuries, your choice. 23 yrs in the military and longer years of backpacking, I've never had a blister.
Buen Camino... See you on the trail

Joel
Thanks heaps . I have done some tramping over the years. I am not stressed over it all. I have the right gear... I am happy to plod and live it as it comes, laugh, cry, have a tantrum, limp or crawl... I'm doing it... . Love that you never had a blister, awesome!. See you somewhere along the Way. Buen Camino

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thanks heaps . I have done some tramping over the years. I am not stressed over it all. I have the right gear... I am happy to plod and live it as it comes, laugh, cry, have a tantrum, limp or crawl... I'm doing it... . Love that you never had a blister, awesome!. See you somewhere along the Way. Buen Camino
I don't know why I've never had blisters I've always worn to wool socks and foot powder. 23 yrs in the military, experienced many different terrain and weather, no blisters. If that's a gift I'll take it.
Buen Camino...

Watch me get blisters on my Camino in April, that would be hilarious and painful.

I don't know why I've never had blisters I've always worn to wool socks and foot powder. 23 yrs in the military, experienced many different terrain and weather, no blisters. If that's a gift I'll take it.
Buen Camino...
That is great. I have SmartWool socks. Can I ask what foot powder you use? I have thought about sweat and wet feet as a result causing issues. Might be a good thing to stash in my pack. Thanks, Kerry

€46,-
I've had to change my flight from the 5th to the 26th bit of a bummer, but it is what it is.

I love this pack, I have the 38, but the S/M size so it's 36L.
I think I also love my pack. It may have something to do with the history of 3 caminos. It's an old faithful pal now.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
End of April.

Have on back of pack a orange (with black letters) "PEREGRINO" patch/name tape.

Say hi if you see the PEREGRINO tape on pack.

Marty

Janet, I am so looking forward to walking with you!! Buen camino

Wondering whether anyone starting in April. Be great to keep any eye out for familiar people.
I head out april first from StJPP, certainly am getting plenty of backpack packing practice. Am still unsure about my stuff, but over the moon about starting. Staying over the previous evening so i can buy my poles ect. Hope to run into many of you fine folks who have advised me.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Im starting from SJPDP on the 26 april as well. Coming from Perth WA! Stopping at Orisson, first night just in case.!!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi, A friend of mine and I will be leaving St Jean on April 28th. Look forward to seeing you folks along the way.
Joseph
Yes! i leave the 28th from SJPP as well! Reservations at orison for the 28th! Excited to begin my first camino!

I need advice and help ! I'm starting my Camino on April 1st from Roncesvalles, and I prepared myself for April time - shirts with short sleevs, shirt with long sleevs, flis jacket, soft-shell jacket, raincoat... as I was adviced from those who already were at Camino during the April - but on the weather forecast (yr) I see that on that day in Roncesvalles will be a little snow with the temperature around 0-2!? I didn't prepare for snow o_O... So, what is your advice: is this a good time for me to start panic :eek:, should I bring also a warmer jacket with me, or should I just relaxed ??? I want to travel with really little weight so any extra jackets are not my plan. So, please help...

Brian&Deb J.
I too am staying at Corazon Puro the night of Sat. 16, April. I'm flying into Madrid from Florida, busing to Pamplona, and being picked up at the bus station. Staying in SJPdP Sunday night and start walking on the 18th. Look forward to meeting you.
Jeff from Florida

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Last year my son and I hiked from Leon, this year we hope to hike from St. Jean to Burgos. How long did it take you? Do you have any advice for us? Favorite albergues? Places we shouldn't miss?
My wife and I are in our sixties and was able to do it in 12 days with no problem , with your stop in Orisson it would take 13 days on average. We arrived in Orrison at 11am and had no problem reaching Roncevaux in under 8 hours. If the weather is good like we had in September it was one of the best parts of the Camino.

@Marina Zd the beginning of April is very unpredictable - you should not rely on one person who was lucky enough to have good weather. Take clothes you can layer, and make sure you have a good outer shell that will protect you from cold wind, rain, and provide some insulation. It is still winter in the mountains.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
@Marina Zd the beginning of April is very unpredictable - you should not rely on one person who was lucky enough to have good weather. Take clothes you can layer, and make sure you have a good outer shell that will protect you from cold wind, rain, and provide some insulation. It is still winter in the mountains.
Thank You!

I'm starting my Camino on April 1st from Roncesvalles
Don't worry about snow; it will be mostly back in the Pyrenees mountains toward France. However, preparing for rain will be a good idea. It may be very slippery descending into Zubiri, so following the road may be safer than the trail through the woods.

Hi 3 newbies from Ireland arriving
Hi Yoginee 3 newbies from Ireland arriving into Biarritz on the 5th April and heading to SJDPP.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Don't worry about snow; it will be mostly back in the Pyrenees mountains toward France. However, preparing for rain will be a good idea. It may be very slippery descending into Zubiri, so following the road may be safer than the trail through the woods.
Thanks, that's a good advice!

Definitely, I'll be the Tongan (I say that because Tongan thinks I'm Tongan) looking Filipino from California. I will be slow and taking my time, please say hello as you pass me by and hope to see everyone in all the stops.
Hey, I may see you on the 7th!

Ok, new to this, and traveling by myself--some questions
1) what is the difference between SJPDP and SJPP?
2) I am arriving madrid airport at 2:10 pm on April 27
3) I don't think I will be able to make the train at 3:05
4) I believe my goal is to get to SJPP
5) Given the time of getting out of customs, is my only option to go to Pampoma by the 7:00 train? I don't speak any spanish at all.
6) What is the app someone mentioned above with the "route info" I believe?
7) If I am correct I will be in SJPP on the 28th at what time I don't know. Should I spend the night there or head to Orrison directly?

Please advise, I am soo stress out already and just was some peace and start my camino.

Hope to meet one or two of you at least!

My plan is to start from St. Jean Pied-de-Port on April 14 (or the following day, if necessary for the weather). If you've any thoughts to share on prolonged perambulation and Patanjalic practice, I'm also (loosely) planning a wee daily practice to help my body to stay in balance from the walking and load-bearing. Sthira and sukha in all your camino-asanas! :-D

Jai Bhagwan and Buen Camino!

Bruce

Hi all, still over 3 weeks to wait and the gear is still laid out on the spare bed. But that's not the reason for this post.
Was chatting with a young guy in Go Outdoors Colchester on easter Monday who had heard about the camino just 4 days prior but was in the store buying kit as he was committed to walking his camino as soon as he could arrange travel. I have pointed him in the direction of this site to aid him in his planning and prep. I thought this worth bringing to your attention in case you see him on here or indeed on the trail in April. He just might need a helping hand.
Cheers everyone....look forward to seeing you when we start on 24 April.

To all who are starting their Camino today and in the next few days and weeks... BEST WISHES!!
I fly out of NZ tonight.... see you soon!
(She says....Excitedly freaking out.....)

€46,-
I need advice and help ! I'm starting my Camino on April 1st from Roncesvalles, and I prepared myself for April time - shirts with short sleevs, shirt with long sleevs, flis jacket, soft-shell jacket, raincoat... as I was adviced from those who already were at Camino during the April - but on the weather forecast (yr) I see that on that day in Roncesvalles will be a little snow with the temperature around 0-2!? I didn't prepare for snow o_O... So, what is your advice: is this a good time for me to start panic :eek:, should I bring also a warmer jacket with me, or should I just relaxed ??? I want to travel with really little weight so any extra jackets are not my plan. So, please help...
You will be fine with a fleece & raincoat. It usually warms up quickly after the sun comes up. Also you will find a lot of stuff in the donation pile that others have left in Roncevalles.

Another pilgrim here to April's crowd. This time i hope i won't get injured and will finish the Camino.

It seems like the two first weeks will be cool and rainy. (Though you never know what expect)

http://www.eltiempo.es/

See you on the path, fellows.

€149,-
The gear is still laid out in the spare room and we are booked to fly on the 23rd. The faciitis is getting better but have now developed labrynthitis! !!! The weeks leading to the camino are becoming more of a trial. Does anyone have any experience of walking with labrynthitis?

Also booked into Orisson on 13th April......... Blue Osprey Talon!
Buen Camino everyone!
Hi Jenny, I'll be at Orisson on April 13 also, Teal blue Osprey Sirrus! Meeting some other forum meetings at the Pilgrim Office in SJPP at 7pm on the 12th if you would like to join us.

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
I have been planning to return and rejoin the path from Leon next week. ( Main route) I am wondering whether it might be better to wait until later in April to rejoin the path, my hope is to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back