• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Anyone else find this song a bit "Camino-ish"...?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Yes I can see that. At first I thought 'this really is not my thing' but it grew on me and it is actually a beautiful song.

Funny when you are just getting along doing your thing at home and something suddenly gives you a camino flashback!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
A selection of Camino Jewellery
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Apropos that "India" clip I want to emphasize that I do not hate/despise etc. any kind of music. Some sounds just don't get well together with my ears or brains or whatever. This one sure does although I don't really know how to connect it to Camino :D

You believed me? Oh, yes I can connect it to the Camino ;)

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
For whatever reason it transported me back to the Way and dealing with the absence from my bride and home....and the revelations of the Meseta.

Just curious as it came up on the playlist as I was preparing dinner.

B
I was an early riser on the Camino (5am) so for the first 8 km or more I would see no other pilgrim on the way . I would sing this , happy out till I found a Bar for a coffee 😊😊

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
And this one ‘Walk with me’ which is about that there are ‘tantos Caminos por andar’ and if ‘tu quisieras andar conmigo’…

Hay tanto que quiero contarte
Hay tanto que quiero saber de ti
Ya podemos empezar poco a poco
Cuéntame, qué te trae por aquí

No te asustes de decirme la verdad
Eso nunca puede estar así tan mal
Yo también tengo secretos para darte
Y que sepas que ya no me sirven más

Hay tantos caminos por andar

Dime si tu quisieras andar conmigo
Cuéntame si quisieras andar conmigo

Estoy ansiosa por soltarlo todo
Desde el principio hasta llegar al día de hoy
Una historia tengo en mi para entregarte
Una historia todavía sin final

Podríamos decirnos cualquier cosa
Incluso darnos para siempre un siempre no
Pero ahora frente a frente, aquí sentados
Festejemos que la vida nos cruzó

Hay tantos caminos por andar

Si quisieras andar conmigo

I love this forum! Whilst enjoying the videos posted here I received a WhatsApp from my dearest friend who has this morning walked the first kms of the Ruta de la Lana. She should have walked with me earlier in the year but family issues prevented her from doing so. And then I receive messages from two other camino buddies. All these wonderful people I have met through this forum, and many others I haven’t had the privilege of meeting but who feel like friends.

As a youngster I didn’t really extend my music tastes beyond Tamla Motown and am always keen to expand my horizons. I love some of these whacky links, please keep them coming. And it was on this forum, many years ago that I first discovered the beautiful voice of Israel Kamakawiwoʻole. And, coincidentally, I saw John Mayall in concert in Málaga last year.

Thank you

Last edited:
For whatever reason it transported me back to the Way and dealing with the absence from my bride and home....and the revelations of the Meseta.

B
I think if you listen to the original and definitive version that Bob sings I think you would agree it is far superior. One of the many, many wonders of the music of Dylan is the ability for other artists to interpret his music. One of the best at this was Rod Stewart. I think you would enjoy listening. You could also here Elvis' country influenced version or the great Odetta Holmes' kinda folksy/delta blues version. She has a wonderous voice. Elvis is too bad either! But of course there is only one universal treasure that is Bob.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I like The Proclaimers - I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) because el Camino Francés os indeed 500 miles, although my daughter says that the choice is too cheesy.
Cheesy it might be, but who cares? Great group! I will now have to look for my double cd of the Best Scottish Ever...

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
After cold shower, sleep deprivation, tired limbs and empty belly waking up before crack of dawn and heading off with lightness of foot with my staff, Paddy listening to this and understanding every word despite not speaking Irish but feeling every note as the samhradh rises and Beltane embraces the night 🤠

Last edited:
I'm on the CF now and could talk for ages about my Camino playlist! Here's a slower one, for the more difficult times that make me question why I'm even doing this. It helps me keep perspective and not give up.

Matt Nathanson
Little Victories

This time
I'll be sailing
No more bailing boats for me
I'll be out here on the sea
Just my confidence and me

And I'll be awful sometimes
Weakened to my knees
But I'll learn to get by
On the little victories

This time
I'll have no fear
I'll be standing strong and tall
Turn my back towards them all

And I'll be awful sometimes
Weakened to my knees
But I'll learn to get by
Yeah I'll learn to get by
On the little victories

And if the world decides to catch up with me
It's a little victory

€149,-
This is even better, but requires a little patience at the beginning 😉

I saw them perform this in a small theatre, with a small audience .... we were all transfixed ... and time stood still ...

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
That last contribution from @chinacat reminds of those energy vampires you meet and can't get away from quick enough. At one stage thought I was in Jesus Y Maria in Pamplona lying awake listening too the howling dog's although the last 3 minutes did get better 😉

I saw this band perform an intimate gathering in my local city, we were transfixed and my energy levels were restored and it's music too walk any part of any Camino by 🤠

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
This is even better, but requires a little patience at the beginning 😉

I saw them perform this in a small theatre, with a small audience .... we were all transfixed ... and time stood still ...

A whole lot of patience!!!

And definitely wrong title. When I drink my beer only then time stood still ;)

That last contribution from @chinacat reminds of those energy vampires you meet and can't get away from quick enough. At one stage thought I was in Jesus Y Maria in Pamplona lying awake listening too the howling dog's although the last 3 minutes did get better 😉

I saw this band perform an intimate gathering in my local city, we were transfixed and my energy levels were restored and it's music too walk any part of any Camino by 🤠
This easily fills up my batteries in no time ;)
The title is also meaningful...

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I think if you listen to the original and definitive version that Bob sings I think you would agree it is far superior. One of the many, many wonders of the music of Dylan is the ability for other artists to interpret his music. One of the best at this was Rod Stewart. I think you would enjoy listening. You could also here Elvis' country influenced version or the great Odetta Holmes' kinda folksy/delta blues version. She has a wonderous voice. Elvis is too bad either! But of course there is only one universal treasure that is Bob.
I agree - Bob Dylan's music is often interpreted by other artists, " but none of these and nothin' else" ever surpasses the original renditions of his works. Just think, as you listen to his version of this and other songs, what a gift that has been to us all. Did you realise, as you enjoyed the song, that you were listening to the music of a Nobel-prize-winning musical artist?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Anyone else find this song a bit "Camino-ish"...?🤠

Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
For Galicia I would nominate these two. Very different but both with lyrics by Rosalia de Castro (one of the most beautiful women I had opportunity to know - reading their poetry...)

With subtitles but in Gallego only... You'll get the point :)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

€149,-
And since this is an international forum, I just have to post this. And I think it’s Camino-ish.

I'll give it a like despite the absence of the Celtic nations but this one makes up for it and now goes out to this forum and all its members!🤠

Last edited:
maybe this one:

Have fun!
Haha, fun! Great song especially for that part of the Camino your obliged too but decide to carry it a little further 🤠

A little bit off the same wavelength of previous posts, but the fact is that they say:
"....A Santiago voy como un peregrino por el camino de la ilusión (hope in Spanish)" and
" …..El verde me acaricia porque a Galicia xa estou chegando" ( the green caresses me because am coming to Galicia). So, they started before Sarria. :)

€46,-
Yes I can see that. At first I thought 'this really is not my thing' but it grew on me and it is actually a beautiful song.

Funny when you are just getting along doing your thing at home and something suddenly gives you a camino flashback!

B

Originally a Bob Dylan song.
My fav version is sung by Sanny Denny in the seventies !!

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back