A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

See the full Camino Forum Store here with many more camino products.

Anyone else getting this pop-up?

kazrobbo

Tassie Kaz
Camino(s) past & future
CF 2012
CP 2015
St Olavs Norway 2016
88T Japan 2017
PWC/VF 2019
Israel 2020 X
Wales CP 21?
KK?
VdlP?
Screenshot_20200104-064540_Chrome-432x768.jpg
Anyone else getting this rather large pop-up notification which just appeared this morning? It takes up more than half the screen (I use a mobile device) & with the keyboard taking up room on-screen it makes it virtually unuseable. As you can see by the screen-shot, I am not using adblocking software.
A tad frustrating to say the least...😄
👣 🌏

Last edited:

alexwalker

Forever Pilgrim
Camino(s) past & future
(2009): Camino Frances
(2011): Sevilla-Salamanca, VdlP
(2012): Salamanca-SdC, VdlP
(2014): SJpdP-Astorga
(2015): Astorga-SdC
(2016) May Pamplona-Moratinos; Sept.:Burgos-SdC
(2016): August/Sept: Camino San Olav (Burgos-Covarubbias), Burgos-Sarria
(2017): May: Portuguese; Sept: Pamplona-SdC
Forget ads. There is an easy way to avoid them: Support this forum with a donation, and they will all be gone, in favour of real helpful Camino content and nothing less. Easy, helpful, and honest. Honestly.

This a serious way to support your own Camino experience and at the same time support future and past pilgrims..

kazrobbo

Tassie Kaz
Camino(s) past & future
CF 2012
CP 2015
St Olavs Norway 2016
88T Japan 2017
PWC/VF 2019
Israel 2020 X
Wales CP 21?
KK?
VdlP?
I have started to track users who seems to be running ad blockers.

I realise that ads are annoying, but it is one of the ways I can make this site a source of income for me. The alternative to seeing ads would be to become a donating member, that removed all ads.

If you see this banner and feel it is a mistake (as it seems you are since I see the ad there), please PM me.
Thanks Ivar...I have donated in the past, more to support you & your wonderful forum than to block ads. Allowing my donation to lapse is simply poor admin on my behalf than anything else. 😄
I actually don't find the ads annoying...some really interesting items appear amongst them!
👣 🌏

Last edited:

susanawee

susanawee
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances-(2013/14/18
Camino Salvado Perth -(2015)
West Highland Way (2016)
Lyon France 2017
I have started to track users who seems to be running ad blockers.

I realise that ads are annoying, but it is one of the ways I can make this site a source of income for me. The alternative to seeing ads would be to become a donating member, that removed all ads.

If you see this banner and feel it is a mistake (as it seems you are since I see the ad there), please PM me.
Hi Ivar....I AM using ad Blocker, but, this forum is one where I am NOT using it BUT I am still getting Ads all over the place but these don't worry me at all.....As regards becoming a member, I don't use the Forum a great deal. Thankyou.

Tia Valeria

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Pt Norte/Pmtvo 2010
C. Inglés 2011
C. Primitivo '12
Norte-C. de la Reina '13
C. do Mar-C. Inglés '15
On my PC I do use an Ad blocker, simply because some sites can carry 'non-friendly' Ads. One newspaper has some I would feel could even carry a virus so the Ad blocker is on by default. Protecting my PC is a high priority so it stays on even on a 'friendly ' site.
Reading the forum on any other system I have no Ad blocker, and also both ways are affected by whether I have actually logged in or not.
Ads showed when I was not logged in even when I was a donating member, that is how it seems to work, because I assume it could not know that I was donating unless I logged in.

Telboyo

Camino(s) past & future
I intend to leave the UK the day Before Brexit and walkMarch -April 2019 Camino Frances
I was not using an adblocker bit got the warning. I resubscribed yet still received the warning. I had to clear cookies and force my browser to restart to clear it.

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 55 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 196 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 325 24.8%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.3%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 29.0%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock