• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Anyone else; GR10 > Norte

LakeMcD

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 15' Portuguese 16' GR10/Norte/Primitivo 17' Chemin LePuy 18' Salvador/Prim/Kerry Way 19'
Wondering if anyone else has plans for this route this year, I start with treads on the trail June 23rd.

Buen Camino

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Yes, my wife and I are walking the GR10 in reverse (from SJPdP to the coast). This year we are walking from Le Puy en Velay to Saint Jean Pied de Port then walking the GR 10 to coast to then walk Norte / Primitivo to SdC. Hope to start GR10 on the 31st of May, all going well. :)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Yes, my wife and I are walking the GR10 in reverse (from SJPdP to the coast). This year we are walking from Le Puy en Velay to Saint Jean Pied de Port then walking the GR 10 to coast to then walk Norte / Primitivo to SdC. Hope to start GR10 on the 31st of May, all going well. :)

That sounds like a wonderful journey. Please keep us posted, I will be most interested in your GR10 experience.

Bon Camino

If you are an experiennced walker have you considered the GR11?

See this detailed French account, Liason Roncesvalles-Irun, which describes walking from Roncesvalles to Irun following in part the east-west Spanish GR11 trail. The Liason route combines both local trails and in part the GR11.

For personal/non commercial use I have abstracted and translated into English sections from the French site Liason Roncesvalles-Irun which describes walking in Spain from Roncesvalles to Irun using both local trails and in part the east-west Spanish GR11 trail.

If you wish this abstract/translation send me your email address in a Conversation/PM and I shall forward it to you.

Last edited:
Sorry but I'm a newbie. What are the GR 10 and GR 11 routes? And the Primitivo? Thanks!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Sorry but I'm a newbie. What are the GR 10 and GR 11 routes? And the Primitivo? Thanks!

The GR10 is a long distance hiking trail which crosses France from east to west following the Pyrenees; the GR11 is a similar route which crosses Spain. Both routes are for experienced hikers. See more info/photos in these forum threads --
https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/gr10-gr11-west-to-east.31390/

https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/gr10-to-irun.17026/

For more in general on GR hiking routes throughout europe see
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/GR_footpath

Last edited:

Most read last week in this forum

I walked the Camino Francés in Octobee 2022, from Villafranca del Bierzo to Santiago de Compostela, and loved it. I would like to walk the Camino del Norte as I'm drawn to the coast, culture and...
Hello everyone. I know that pre-booking accommodation has been discussed many, many times, so apologies but I wanted to be quite specific. We are walking from Irún to Bilbao in the first week of...
Hello! I am visiting Northern Spain for the first time this June and would am planning on hiking a small segment of the Camino. I've done a little research and decided to hike between Zarautz and...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.