• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Anyone else have Camino dreams

trecile

Staff member
Time of past OR future Camino
Francés, Norte, Salvador, Primitivo, Portuguese
The dream that I'm talking about is similar to a "school dream" where you show up for the final exam and haven't studied.

The other night I dreamt that I had just started the Camino, and had forgotten to pack a second set of clothes. In the dream I'm happy to be on the the Camino, but also surprised that I'm there and not prepared.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
The dream that I'm talking about is similar to a "school dream" where you show up for the final exam and haven't studied.

The other night I dreamt that I had just started the Camino, and had forgotten to pack a second set of clothes. In the dream I'm happy to be on the the Camino, but also surprised that I'm there and not prepared.
I dream almost every second night about walking on the Camino. Sometimes it's new and unknown to me but approx.80% of that walks ( :)) are repetitions of the Caminos I've already done. Maybe that's why I remember so many little things like turn left there and exactly after 170 meters turn right here etc. It's just like infantile dreams, repeating the daily routine, reviving it. I remember every single step in those dreams.

I have never really studied for my exams but remember that the night before the exam I didn't sleep really well because I've had that exam already during my sleep. I was talking to my professor, discussing things etc. And I had 9,6 average (1-10) ;) My "night Caminos" are like this. Repeating, questioning did I went the right way, enjoying the shadow of only tree on 35 kilometers long stretch on Levante for example and so on.

It's kind of hard to wake up in this "s..t" of everyday life after such nice dreams but to get back to OP - yes, I'm sure it's happening to many of us here :)

Thanks for bringing this up. Only true Caminoists can understand that.

Last edited:
Thank goodness for such dreams based, of course, on precious memories...Long may it be so!

"Night-dreams trace on Memory's wall
Shadows of the thoughts of day,
And thy fortunes, as they fall
The bias of the will betray."

Ralph Waldo Emerson, Memory

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Thank goodness for such dreams based, of course, on precious memories...Long may it be so!

"Night-dreams trace on Memory's wall
Shadows of the thoughts of day,
And thy fortunes, as they fall
The bias of the will betray."

Ralph Waldo Emerson, Memory
Thank you for that,

In such cases here in Slovenia we say something like "may your words become golden" or "from your mouth to God's ears" :)

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hmmmmm.

I don't think I've had any Camino Dreams :(

Maybe I'm not a True Pilgrim? :eek:

Maybe I wasn't good to other Pilgrims whilst walking ? :oops:

What's wrong with me? :(

I'll have to work on it. Think nice Camino thoughts before I drift off to sleep perhaps ;)

Very envious..........

Quite often, even several months after my return. What I found unusual; Even though it was one of the most challenging things I have ever done, I'm never in distress during my dream. They are happy recollections for the most part, but also some creations in my mind that never truly happened. No suffering from blisters or fatigue, which DID happen. I've never been good at recalling details of dreams. God's work.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
A couple nights ago, I had a dream, I woke up sweaty! It was about packing for the Camino, but I didn't manage it and I left with nothing! :confused:

Any meaning? :D

A couple nights ago, I had a dream, I woke up sweaty! It was about packing for the Camino, but I didn't manage it and I left with nothing! :confused:

Any meaning? :D

Yes, I think you have to relinquish worldly goods and go and find yourself on the Way. Buen Camino Ultreia.

Yes, I think you have to relinquish worldly goods and go and find yourself on the Way. Buen Camino Ultreia.
Trust me, I don't have much worldly goods.. :) Guess I'm just nervous a bit before travelling (like always)..

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I am sure you'll be fine. Just have belief in yourself. Remember the first step is the hardest, after that put one foot in front of the other and keep going .

Yeah, right! ;) Funny is that I'm still nervous, even though I walked the Camino once and know how amazing the journey is..

I rarely have Camino dreams, and most of the ones I do have are airport dreams.
I'm at the airport going to the Camino and I realize I don't have my passport, or my pack. Or when I turn up to check in it's the day after my flight has left. These are actually useful--because I get to realize I'm more stressed than I'm admitting to myself, and then I can do something to deal with it.

What's wrong with me? :(
Hmm, Robo.
It might be more what's wrong with us. ;)
Maybe you're in the here and now, comfortably living your life, neither clinging to the Camino nor anxious about anything...resting right in the middle.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Regularly. Sometimes I walk the same route in different dreams, a route that does not really exist, but in my dreams it apparently does. And from dream to dream I notice the changes in the route and the changes albergues have made to their facilities. I am starting to get to know this route quite well. :D

Two days I dreamt I was being sent with a group of students on a two-part Camino: one which started in France and ended in Fisterra, but France was just north A Coruna, and the second part was in Mexico, going theough towns and villages that shared names of towns and villages on VDLP.

I often dream of the rabbits that ran across our path in the pre dawn light just before that hippy place with the ring of life that you threw money into after leon. Or the bins with Lennon's imagine lyrics written on them. Or the flow of the water in the channels. Or the empanadas that were still warm in a village just outside of somewhere

I have those Camino anxiety dreams sometimes - I'm there, unprepared, not sure what to do, and then I remember that it's the Camino and whatever issues I have can be solved.

I had a dream that I was in some town on the Camino and my bike had 2 flat tires, I didn't have spares or a patch kit, and there weren't any stores to buy what I needed. I was very stressed and didn't know what I was going to do. Then I suddenly realized that I wasn't a cyclgrino, that I'm a walking pilgrim - so I left the bike behind and happily walked off down the road.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Ah, the old "I'm not prepared" dream. I've had that dream more times than I can count. I haven't had it in a Camino setting yet though. I guess that's one to look forward to.

Last night I dreamt that an octopus-spider (it seemed logical in context) bit my foot. I had to have my foot amputated because of the venom, but my biggest worry was that I wouldn't have enough time to get used to the prosthesis in order to be able to walk as planned in June. I could live with a prosthetic foot, but not without being able to walk to Santiago this summer!

Last edited:
I dreamt of the Camino just from reading this forum!

A tall woman, plain and serious but somewhat angelic, stood up and said in a loud voice, 'Alleluiah!' It startled me awake and I knew I was in a foriegn land.

I am planning my 1st trip for September 2018.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I dreamt of the Camino just from reading this forum!

A tall woman, plain and serious but somewhat angelic, stood up and said in a loud voice, 'Alleluiah!' It startled me awake and I knew I was in a foriegn land.

I am planning my 1st trip for September 2018.

Definitely a vision!

hi
before i left on 2th camino back in 2007 i had a dream that i was on the camino
the dream go´s like this
i was having a blast and got drunk , next morning i woke up in a strange room with a
spanisch woman next to me , whe somehow got married she was horrible and i could not understand one word she was
saying .
so i whent on my camino and for the next 3 weeks i didn't drink one drop of alcohol. :)

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Having already completed my first camino in 2015, I often dream that I'm not prepared and won't succeed in my second journey.
Sometimes this makes me doubt myself, I'm sure I'll be fine once I arrive in Spain, but that niggling doubt is there hidden in the back of my mind.

My Camino dreams have always been pleasant, but not last night's: it was time I woke up.

I was in the village I have found myself many times in my dreams, but this time staying in a private albergue just outside of town. Lovely farm house and hosts. The problem was the stuff I was carrying....

I went from having a 7kg backpack I was trying to pack after after doing laundry, to having a massive suitcase. The more I tried to sort items out, the more stuff I had. Three pairs of socks turned into ten, two short sleeve tshirts were now tanktops, more tshirts, longsleeved tshirts. I had a bathing suit, many pairs of shoes. Gaiters, two tubes of toothpaste and two toothbrushes. :eek:

And let's not even talk about all the voltaren and muscle relaxant pills I was struggling to but back in my first aidkit. Oh, wait, those I carry. :D

In fact I think that every irem I ever purchased for my 7 Caminos ended up in this suitcase I was hoping to send back home.

I knew that if I didn't wake up and put an end to this trip that suitcase was soon going to turn into a trunk. :confused:

Happy Sunday morning everyone, I am off to to the kitchen to make myself a cafe con leche! ;)

I knew you were all out there! When walking (CF, 15 Mar-20 April 2017), I had wonderful and lucid dreams about people in my life, living and gone, and they were revealing and healing. Since I have returned, I have had gentle dreams of walking different parts, and greeting both remembered and "new" perigrino. To paraphrase Norman McLean, "I am haunted by the Way". May it always be so

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back