• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Anyone else intending to leave Porto about 11/12 March?

dalston999

Time of past OR future Camino
Walked Le Puy/Santiago/Fisterra/Murxia Sept/Oct 2012, Portugues march 2013, Arles April 2013
Hi there
I'm intending to set off from Porto around 11 March, I see there is one person already on the Calendar but just wondered if there are any others? I'd love to hear from you and I'm just hoping I won't be walking alone!

Once my departure date is finalised I'll add it to the Calendar.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Don't think you're going to be alone for long. Coming up from Lisbon there's me and a German girl, might be just ahead when you start. Will be staying in Albergues for Peregrinos. Porto is a popular starting as is Tui, you'll be fine. Hope to see you! Bom Caminho! T

Dear Trevhock,
Your posts are very welcome. I will start from porto on the 11th of March. Hopefully Dalston999 will join me, although she detests snorers. :) You may be ahead some days, so your information is very much appreciated. It would be nice to catch up with you two, but I am not a very fast or experienced walker. Planning to arrive in Santiago on the 23rd of March at the latest.
Bom viajem
Jan Nieuwland

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hey, hey

I don't DETEST snorers, just would prefer not to be sleeping in the same room and kept awake whilst they slumber soundly! I always have my trusty ipod for distraction as I ve. Never found earplugs that work. Unless anyone has recommendations?

Bom caminho

Olá ! Anybody of you are going for the coastal route Porto- Caminha- a Guarda and Vigo to Redondela and so on to Santiago ?
If so , can we follow you on any travelblog ?. We are curiously interested about any experiences of that part of the caminho, specially the lodging facilities.

My wife and I are about to leave 6 th of May coming from Lisbon.
Bom caminho
Albertinho

Thanks Jan,
I will continue to try to post everyday on the Live forum and try not to get carried away. The young German pilgrim I've met will Also be leaving Porto on Monday for Santiago her name is Daniella, look out for her and who knows even Nalod. Bom Viagem

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

I would like to walk the river route in Tui next month. I can see on google maps exactly where it starts, but it seems a bit overgrown. Has anybody used this route this year or last year...
Hello, my friend of 50+ years and I are on our first Camino walk. We are looking for: 1) safe, comfortable hostels in Lisbon; 2) stages from Lisbon to Porto (via Tomar) in about 16 days...
Hi I have searched everywhere to see if there is a luggage service from Lisbon to Porto. I know there is from Porto to Santiago, but Lisbon ???. Thanks for any info.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back