A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Anyone else walking Via de la plata January/February 2020

2020 Camino Guides

Norwegianpilgrim

Camino(s) past & future
Walking the camino January/February (2020)
Hi,
Im a 19 year old Norwegian walking all of the camino for the first time. I am arriving in Sevilla on the 14th of january and plan on starting to walk the following day. Was wondering if anyone else Are walking the camino in This period. If so it would be Nice to exchange information as I believe there Are Very few others walking This time of the year

Roger Hogstrom

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2001 and 2006, Via de la plata 2007,2010,2017,2019. CdM 3 times. Via Plata (2020)
Hi,
Im a 19 year old Norwegian walking all of the camino for the first time. I am arriving in Sevilla on the 14th of january and plan on starting to walk the following day. Was wondering if anyone else Are walking the camino in This period. If so it would be Nice to exchange information as I believe there Are Very few others walking This time of the year
God tur. Du kommer att gå en fantastisk led med lite folk. Jag har gått några gånger and I love it. / Roger from Sweden

Jay Es

Camino(s) past & future
May 2017 the del Norte, home via the Portuguse to Vigo, Planning a Via de la Plata for October 2018.
We are arriving on the 16th in Seville. You'll be miles infront by the time we get going as we are spending a few nights exploring Seville before heading off. The weather looks O.K at least for the first part, though. Buen Camino.

Bad Pilgrim

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Far too many...
Hi,
Det stämmer, det är nog icke mange som går La Vía de la Plata i januari. Kanske bör du kontrollera om alle albergue är öppna? God tur!

/BP

ranthr

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
C Frances 2005, 2007
Le Puy en Velay -SdC 2009
Via de la Plata 2011
gr 653 from Oloron to Puente la Reina 2012
Gr65 from le Puy to Figeac 2013
Irun to Santander 2013
Porto to SdC 2014
Astorga to SdC 2015
God tur! Take care out there alone! Hope you give us some reports.

Simon B

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Ingles and Camino Frances. VDLP Spring 2019
Hi,
Hi - I am starting from Fuente de Cantos on 5 Feb so likely will be about 10 days behind you. Might catch up you never know although I am trying to keep each days walk to a reasonable distance. We can always start a conversation if you think we might be in the same vicinity.

SImon

Norwegianpilgrim

Camino(s) past & future
We are arriving on the 16th in Seville. You'll be miles infront by the time we get going as we are spending a few nights exploring Seville before heading off. The weather looks O.K at least for the first part, though. Buen Camino.
Yes, probably as I am planning on having 36 days of walking, which is probably on the lower end of days on the camino. But anyways, buen camino, and Maybe you will reach me at one point!:)

Norwegianpilgrim

Camino(s) past & future
Hi - I am starting from Fuente de Cantos on 5 Feb so likely will be about 10 days behind you. Might catch up you never know although I am trying to keep each days walk to a reasonable distance. We can always start a conversation if you think we might be in the same vicinity.

SImon
10 days is probably a bit too much to pick up, But you never know;) how many days Are you planning on using to reach Santiago?

Simon B

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Ingles and Camino Frances. VDLP Spring 2019
10 days is probably a bit too much to pick up, But you never know;) how many days Are you planning on using to reach Santiago?
I had to stop last year after 5 days walking hence restarting in Fuente de Cantos. My strategy this year is to just start and see how far I get. Nominally I plan to arrive at SDC on 15 March but time will tell!!

Norwegianpilgrim

Camino(s) past & future
Do any of you have any advice on sleeping bags and if I should bring one. I have seen that it can be quite cold in the night and wondered whether it would be necessary to bring a sleeping bag or not

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2000-2004,2006), Via De La Plata, Camino De Madrid, The Oberstrasse, Camino Ingles
ASAP as soon as I get a particular letter I will be heading off. I am hoping its this week sometime.

ManShootsSnaps

Camino(s) past & future
VDLP (Spring2020)
Hi,
Hi , Im waiting until late April .. but now find myself counting down the days ... Wishing you Buen Camino ... and hope that you can update us on your progress and trip reports !
👍

Hans-Georg Goebel

Camino(s) past & future
Frances, portuguese, Via dela plata, Primitivo, del norte
Hi,

take care, that it could be quit unfriendly, with a lot of rain and unheaded albergues. I made it, starting end of Feb. and was freecing all the way up to Salamanca

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Inglés (2018)
Camino Portugués (2019)
Vía de la Plata/Camino Sanabrés (2020)
Doing the VdlP in sections. Already done Sevilla to Mérida the first week of this month. On 3rd Feb I'm starting again from Mérida and aiming to get to Salamanca in 12 days. I think you'll be well ahead of me by then. Buen camino!

On the two smaller sections I've done (Sevilla to Monesterio in November and Monesterio to Mérida in Epiphany week) I've seen a sum total of seven other pilgrims. It's very quiet out on the VdlP at this time of year, but there are a few stalwarts. I can't imagine walking over those open landscapes in the ferocious summer or even spring sun, so it's a great time to walk it in the winter.

Heather1

Camino(s) past & future
Via de la Plata
Hi,
Hello, I will begin from Seville February13th. I imagine it will be very quiet.

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 54 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 188 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 309 24.9%
  • June

Votes: 89 7.2%
  • July

Votes: 23 1.9%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.2%
  • September

Votes: 353 28.4%
  • October

Votes: 150 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.4%
  • December

Votes: 6 0.5%
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock