• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Anyone else walking Via de la plata January/February 2020

Norwegianpilgrim

Time of past OR future Camino
Walking the camino January/February (2020)
Hi,
Im a 19 year old Norwegian walking all of the camino for the first time. I am arriving in Sevilla on the 14th of january and plan on starting to walk the following day. Was wondering if anyone else Are walking the camino in This period. If so it would be Nice to exchange information as I believe there Are Very few others walking This time of the year

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi,
Im a 19 year old Norwegian walking all of the camino for the first time. I am arriving in Sevilla on the 14th of january and plan on starting to walk the following day. Was wondering if anyone else Are walking the camino in This period. If so it would be Nice to exchange information as I believe there Are Very few others walking This time of the year
God tur. Du kommer att gĂĄ en fantastisk led med lite folk. Jag har gĂĄtt nĂĄgra gĂĄnger and I love it. / Roger from Sweden

We are arriving on the 16th in Seville. You'll be miles infront by the time we get going as we are spending a few nights exploring Seville before heading off. The weather looks O.K at least for the first part, though. Buen Camino.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi,

Det stämmer, det är nog icke mange som går La Vía de la Plata i januari. Kanske bör du kontrollera om alle albergue är öppna? God tur!

/BP

God tur! Take care out there alone! Hope you give us some reports.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi,
Hi - I am starting from Fuente de Cantos on 5 Feb so likely will be about 10 days behind you. Might catch up you never know although I am trying to keep each days walk to a reasonable distance. We can always start a conversation if you think we might be in the same vicinity.

SImon

We are arriving on the 16th in Seville. You'll be miles infront by the time we get going as we are spending a few nights exploring Seville before heading off. The weather looks O.K at least for the first part, though. Buen Camino.
Yes, probably as I am planning on having 36 days of walking, which is probably on the lower end of days on the camino. But anyways, buen camino, and Maybe you will reach me at one point!:)

Hi - I am starting from Fuente de Cantos on 5 Feb so likely will be about 10 days behind you. Might catch up you never know although I am trying to keep each days walk to a reasonable distance. We can always start a conversation if you think we might be in the same vicinity.

SImon
10 days is probably a bit too much to pick up, But you never know;) how many days Are you planning on using to reach Santiago?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
10 days is probably a bit too much to pick up, But you never know;) how many days Are you planning on using to reach Santiago?
I had to stop last year after 5 days walking hence restarting in Fuente de Cantos. My strategy this year is to just start and see how far I get. Nominally I plan to arrive at SDC on 15 March but time will tell!!

Do any of you have any advice on sleeping bags and if I should bring one. I have seen that it can be quite cold in the night and wondered whether it would be necessary to bring a sleeping bag or not

Do any of you have any advice on sleeping bags and if I should bring one. I have seen that it can be quite cold in the night and wondered whether it would be necessary to bring a sleeping bag or not

In January/February? Absolutely!
BC SY

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi,

Hi , Im waiting until late April .. but now find myself counting down the days ... Wishing you Buen Camino ... and hope that you can update us on your progress and trip reports !
đź‘Ť

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi,

take care, that it could be quit unfriendly, with a lot of rain and unheaded albergues. I made it, starting end of Feb. and was freecing all the way up to Salamanca

Doing the VdlP in sections. Already done Sevilla to MĂ©rida the first week of this month. On 3rd Feb I'm starting again from MĂ©rida and aiming to get to Salamanca in 12 days. I think you'll be well ahead of me by then. Buen camino!

On the two smaller sections I've done (Sevilla to Monesterio in November and Monesterio to MĂ©rida in Epiphany week) I've seen a sum total of seven other pilgrims. It's very quiet out on the VdlP at this time of year, but there are a few stalwarts. I can't imagine walking over those open landscapes in the ferocious summer or even spring sun, so it's a great time to walk it in the winter.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi,
Hello, I will begin from Seville February13th. I imagine it will be very quiet.

Hi! For all of you who helped me on my way, I have just started a blog, and would have loved it if you took some time to read my first post. Would appreciate all feedback as well :) Im aiming to post every day as a replication of the actual journey, so just stay tuned!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi! For all of you who helped me on my way, I have just started a blog, and would have loved it if you took some time to read my first post. Would appreciate all feedback as well :) Im aiming to post every day as a replication of the actual journey, so just stay tuned!

Here’s my summary;

Would like a chat one day....sharing perspectiveđź‘Ť

Most read last week in this forum

Hello, First time posting but as Google hasn't been helpful I was hoping others here might be able to help with an odd query. I am considering the Via de la Plata from Seville via Sanabres as my...
I am posting daily blog style updates on Facebook that anyone can see and follow: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.8095032397178476&type=3 There are also video format stories visible on...
Hey folks. I started the Mozarabe from Almeria and took time out in Salamanca to do a 3 week Spanish course in USAL. The course was fine. 4 hours a day. For the first week we had an excellent...
Y’all, one week from today I get on the plane to fly to Sevilla. Growing anxiety. I will start El Camino on April 6. I hope to report progress here and continue to look for advice. How does...
Does anybody have any good ideas about secure carparking whilst doing the VĂ­a de la Plata from Sevilla to Merida please?

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back