• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Anyone have any travel advice getting to SJPdP from Hawaii?

analoha

We will be starting from SJPdP in late August. If anyone has any experience worth sharing on getting there from Hawaii, it would be greatly appreciated... :D

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Aloha!

You might want to look into flying Westward, unlike the rest of us who fly East towards Europe...if you do fly Eastward, have you looked into flying from Hawaii (not sure which island you are on) to NYC, then onto Paris? I think Hawaiian Airlines flies into NYC.

I prefer to fly into Paris, out of Madrid. It's called an open jaw ticket. If you need some help with this feel free to PM me...I know of some resources that might be able to help you out. This might be a good reason to use a travel agent.

That's quite the challenge, I have to say!

In Gratitude for your help! Flying into Madrid saves almost $500; now if I can just make everything else work; I don't really understand the open jaw ticket, would you mind explaining? (I couldn't figure out how to send this PM).

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
If you look below my picture, there is a little PM button you can click on to PM me...hope that helps.

Open jaw tickets are where you fly into one city but out of another city. For instance, fly into Paris, fly out of Madrid. It's much easier to get from Paris to SJPdP than from Madrid to SJPdP. You can look for these kinds of tickets on Kayak.com using the "Multi-City" option.

You can also contact me via my blog....address is in my signature.

Or you can take a train from Paris to SJPdP which is easier.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Analoha:

This is going to be one long day plus of travel.

You have several options. BTW, I am using 8/20 to 9/26 for dates.

One option would be to fly HNL to Paris CDG (25 hours) 1 stop in Dallas. Then travel to Montparnesse train station (30 min.) and take the TGV to Bayonne (5.5hrs), then the local train to SJPdP (1.5hrs). 32 hours plus time in between scheduled departures. Then Santiago to Madrid (1.5 hrs.) and Madrid to HNL (25 hrs). Scheduling should be easier here.

Option two. Fly HNL to London LHR (20-23 hrs.) Transfer from LHR to Stansted (2 hrs.) airport and fly Ryanair to Biarritz (2.5 hrs) short taxi to Bayonne and then local train to SJPdP (1.5 hrs). Return fly Santiago to Stansted (2.5hrs), travel Stansted to LHR (Heathrow) (2hrs), LHR to HNL (19-23hrs).

Option three - Fly HNL to Madrid (25hrs), Madrid to Pamplona (probably 2 hrs), taxi to SJPdP (check forum to share ride/cost with others). Return Santiago to Madrid Madrid to HNL (25hrs).

All options add up to a long trip.

Some things to consider in your decision making. Do you know anyone you want to visit in any of these cities (London, Madrid or Paris)? Would you like to spend time visiting any of these cities? do you prefer traveling by plane train or bus? Is cost an issue? Do you have to start in SJPdP? Pamplona could be an option, many start there?

Hope this helps. If I can be of further assistance, please feel free to PM me.

Ultreya,
Joe

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
I read that municipal auberges will not accept luggage transferred by courier. Is this correct, if so is there a way around this? I prefer to stay at municipal auberges and carry my backpack since...
Hello, we are a family of 5 travelling from Australia on a 7 week trip of Europe. We are walking the first few stages of CF from SJPdP to Pamplona only. I've been searching the threads for info...
I’m planning to send to Santiago a smaller bag with things I need for the flight, extra days pre/post Camino, and whatever else I decide that I won’t need. I could send it from Roncesvalles...
I am having difficulty finding out how to get to Belorado from Madrid airport. Arriving 6/1 at about 8 a.m. at airport. After customs and baggage claim, it should be about 9:30 a.m. Willing to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back