• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Anyone in brisbane want to meet up for a coffee and chat?

We will still be there at 10 

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
You're back Gerard! Can't wait to hear how it went. Ward4E now you have to come - hungover or not!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi everyone
I've just signed up as I'm planning to walk the Camino from the beginning of May to early June 2013. I know there have been meetups in the past nd I'm keen to speak to anyone who has walked the whole pilgrimage especially to talk about equipment and kit to take on the walk itself. There's so much on the market it's difficult to know whether the expensive gear is an investment or a waste.

Hope to catch up with some of you very soon.

Andrew

Whats happened to all the Brisbane 'camino' people, I haven't seen anymore entries into this forum, which I was enjoying reading? I am still hoping to make it to one of your Saturday morning cappuccino get togethers. Just read a good book by a Brisbane lady who did 2400km of the camino , called "Boots to Bliss". An excellent account of the walk.
ciao
Luigi
0418 791341

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi Andrew and Luigi,
Us Brisbane people are still here :D , we usually catch up on a pretty random schedule :wink: depending on forum interest and real life :wink: I am available this Saturday if you guys are and anyone else of course! We have been meeting at Bannertons Bakery at Ashgrove from about 9.30am but if the weather is poor, we might want to change to an indoor venue. The Coffee Club inside Brookside Shopping centre is close if that suits people, if not, suggest away and we'll see what suits better. Keep an eye here for a confirmed plan.
Cheers Sharni

Just to be clear - I won't be there unless people let me know they are coming. (Insert smiley face)

Hi Sharni
I would love to catch up again before you go on your camino however this saturday is no good for me.
Sandi

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hey there,
Unfortunately I can't make it tomorrow (sat 2/3). So please count me out this time.

Bye
C.

I would love to meet up as well in Brisbane. My husband and I are walking the Camino this May so please let me know when next you are meeting.

there are a few of us that did the camino (SJPP to Santiago) in June 2012. We are planning to join you all for a coffee/chat at your usual meeting time of 9:30am Saturday 23-3-2013, look forward to it, regards, Luigi

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Bannerton Bakery at Ashgrove is fine for us. We will be catching a bus/taxi there. I understand the address is 584 Waterworks Road? Or if you prefer another meeting place, just let me know. We are staying at Tenneriffe at the Woolshed Apartments. See you 23-3-2013 Saturday 9:30am, thanks regards
Luigi

Hello All,
I am still planning to meet some of you Brisbane camino people on Saturday 9:30am. Is anybody going to be there?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Will be there saturday 9.30am.
Coming from Noosa so if any one from Sunshine Coast wants a lift send me an e-mail.

Llew

Hi folks,
I wish I could make this, how ever I have last minute things to finalise before heading off in early April. Getting quite nervous - is this expected folks?

Sharni & friend - wishing you all the best, & will be thinking of you on your camino.

Cheers
Unicorn Coll :wink:

I am hoping to make it but do not have a car at moment and relying on family for transport

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi Guys, I'm unavailable this weekend and won't be available until after I get back early June. Wishing everyone happy planning and Buen Camino to those heading off soon as well.
Sharni

looking forward to meeting you all. My wife and I are picking a friend from the airport and the three of us will be coming to see you all.
I understand the meeting place is Banneton Bakery, 584 Waterworks Road, Ashgrove.
see you there, thanks
Luigi

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Great to meet up with pilgrims who have done the walk and those planning, at Bannertons in Brisbane this morning. Brings back many memories each time I speak with people about the camino.
Buen camino to those leaving soon.
Llew

Hi, Sharni, and your mate of course!
I've been in Kiwiland for a few months doing a little walking so have missed Sat morning coffees.
Anyway I'm sure you will have a champion time.
Looking forward to reports on your return.
Now I'm jealous again.

Buen Camino.
Gerard

Hi All, I have recently arrived on the Sunshine Coast and interested in meeting up with camino travellers. I walked from SJPP to Santiago over the period Sept/Oct 2011, and am thinking of walking the Via de la Plata from Seville in 2014 or perhaps 2015. Happy to share my thoughts and suggestions on the Camino Frances, also interested in talking with pilgrims who have walked some or all of the Via de la Plata! Regards, Glenn

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi Glenn,
The Sunshine Coast camino group has been formed and our second meeting was last sunday at Cotton Tree with 25 attendees. Next gathering is 4 August, venue still to be decided.
If you PM me your contact details I will have them added to our data base and you will be kept advised of future gatherings. Cheers, Llew

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back