• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Anyone in Lisbon in early March?

peregrina2000

Staff member
For the last couple of years, I have been able to meet up with some forum members in Lisbon who are getting ready to start the caminho. This year I will be in Lisbon earlier than usual, and I will be much busier than usual. But I am hoping to at least have the afternoons of March 1 and 2, and maybe a chunk of Saturday March 3 free. Anyone else going to be in the vicinity on those days?

Bom caminho, Laurie

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I wish we were! We've decided to head further south this year and we'll be back in France by 25th February... so sadly no Lisbon fix for me this year... and it would have been lovely to meet!

Can I convince you to go to Marrackech? :)...near enough by my standards and placement in this world-lol!!
We will be in Lisbon on March 17,18,19...

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Would love to meet up with you, Neve -- next time we have to have more than four hurried words in the pilgrims office! But I have to be in Lisbon on those days, though I would love to go to Marrackech! Laurie

Here I am in Lisbon. After two weeks in Portugal and southern Spain (visiting both Cáceres and Mérida, which I hope to walk through in a few weeks!!!) with not a cloud in the sky, it seems only fitting that this work week should be gloomy and rainy.

Anyone in Lisbon now or later this week? Would love to meet up with forum members. Buen camino, Laurie

Hi Laurie, I was just thinking about you yesterday and figured that you'd probably be in Lisbon by now. Pity about the gloomy weather.

I hope that you manage to meet up with a forum member or two. To anyone in or near Lisbon: Laurie is great company; don't miss the opportunity to spend time with one of our Camino legends!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi Laurie, I live in Lisbon so I'd be glad to meet up with you this week. I'm leaving for the UK on Friday morning so it would have to be before then. Wednesday and Thursday night are out so anytime on Tuesday (tomorrow) or Thursday during the day could work.

Here I am in Lisbon. After two weeks in Portugal and southern Spain (visiting both Cáceres and Mérida, which I hope to walk through in a few weeks!!!) with not a cloud in the sky, it seems only fitting that this work week should be gloomy and rainy.
Buen Camino to you, Laurie!! May you have a fantastic walk.
I wish I could join the gaggle, alas, but it's a gladness to know that those who do are in for a real treat. (Edit - and to know you are (almost) unchained from your desk!)
To anyone in or near Lisbon: Laurie is great company; don't miss the opportunity to spend time with one of our Camino legends!
What Nuala said. Laurie's a gem, so don't pass up the chance to meet her if you're there!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi Laurie, I was just thinking about you yesterday and figured that you'd probably be in Lisbon by now. Pity about the gloomy weather.

I hope that you manage to meet up with a forum member or two. To anyone in or near Lisbon: Laurie is great company; don't miss the opportunity to spend time with one of our Camino legends!
Buen Camino to you, Laurie!! May you have a fantastic walk.
I wish I could join the gaggle, alas, but it's a gladness to know that those who do are in for a real treat. (Edit - and to know you are (almost) unchained from your desk!)

What Nuala said. Laurie's a gem, so don't pass up the chance to meet her if you're there!

I am quite tempted to use my moderator powers to delete these silly posts. We are a great group of camino pals, and I have to say that meeting forum members, and on several occasions, actuallly walking with them, (like you two, LT, Reb, CaminoChris, jpflavin.... oh the list goes on) has been the absolutely best feature of this internet forum. This tempts me to make up a list of forum members I have met over the years, because I bet it is near 20! And on April 13th, I will add several more to that list when we gather in Almería (just had to say that to rub it in, Nuala and VN ;)).

My edit: My dear mother used to tell me a lot that I really needed to work on my (in)ability to take compliments. I think I may have sounded rude, and so I apologize. I of course do not think I am a "legend" in any way, but thanks for the nice words.

Last edited:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Once more Laurie, thank’ s for the meeting last year in Lisbon. At the moment walking somewhere between Cordoba and Merida, Fuente La Lancha CoffeBar. 3’rd day in the RAIN, RAIN. Hope, it’s over when you are here.
A&K

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Once more Laurie, thank’ s for the meeting last year in Lisbon. At the moment walking somewhere between Cordoba and Merida, Fuente La Lancha CoffeBar. 3’rd day in the RAIN, RAIN. Hope, it’s over when you are here.
A&K

Oppis, I believe you guys have turned into certified Camino addicts, and very lucky ones at that! If I am counting correctly, you are now on your third camino in the last twelve months. I hope the rain subsides for you, but I know that Portugal really really needs this rain, and I bet southern Spain is in the same situation. So that might make it more bearable! Are you posting on your blog, so I can at least see the pictures though I won't understand a word?! Buen camino, Laurie

Yesterday, three forum members met in a Lisbon wine bar. Not a surprise to me anymore, but it is always so fun to find that the Camino provides an instant point of strong human contact. A very good time was had by all!

Indeed! It was fabulous to meet you. Sorry we had to run off otherwise we could have polished off another bottle!

Most read last week in this forum

Bom dia dear pilgrims, I plan on returning to Portugal this summer, after walking the Salvador + Primitivo. I have a few questions: - What is the easiest way to get from SdC to Coimbra? I assume...
My final question since I have asked sooo many. Grabbing a light lunch that I can get on the go, hoping to grab it, and find a square or a bench to enjoy it, then get back to walking. Not really...
Hello everyone! My wife and I are doing our first Camino in Sept and I was very curious about the stretch from Tui to Pontevedra. We have been to Spain multiple times and love the small towns...
Dear all, I have done Camino Frances, Norte and Primitivo and would like to ask about Portuges. I have some soul-searching to do and would love to walk a part of it, unfortunately only a part...
We arrived in Lisbon yesterday, 48 hrs (by choice via Singapore, Milan and Madrid) after leaving home from regional South Australia. Train to Porto tomorrow hitting the pilgram path on Saturday to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back