• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Anyone in Lisbon next week? (May 4-8)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I'll be arriving in Lisbon on Sunday afternoon, will be there untill Tuesday

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
One month too early for me - would have LOVED to meet you Laurie. You won't be back in June by any chance, will you?

I'll be staying at Ibis Hotel Lisboa Jose Malhoa. I don't know Lisbon

Hey Musgo, which hostel do you work at. I'll be in need of one (maybe) at the end of May upon my return to Lisbon.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Laurie,

Sorry. I'm either a week too late or a month too early. I arrive and start walking this Thursday and back in Lisbon toward the end of the month (if still alive).

Regardless, I want to THANK YOU so much (muito obrigado) for all the work you put into this forum. You are active member, a treasure of information, and you update the guide. This forum and people like you make it so much easier for first time pilgrims like me. Your work is very much appreciated. Muito muito muito obrigado !!!!! :D

That hotel is some 2km 1 1/4 mile from the old part of town.
I will be at work (in a hostel downtown, actually) Wednesday-Sunday, 7am-3.30pm

Hi, Musgo,
Do you know Diogo92 from the forum? Or Mario of the Santarem hostel or amsimoes? I'm hoping to be able to get together with some of them this year, and it would be great to add a new "Lisbon local". Would you want to meet up after your work on Wed, Thurs, or Fri, depending on whether any of the others can joing and what works for them?

I'll be staying at Ibis Hotel Lisboa Jose Malhoa. I don't know Lisbon

I will pm Johan, so we can set something up for Monday or Tuesday, but if anyone else is interested in those days, let me know and I'm sure we can accommodate everyone. Bom caminho, Laurie

One month too early for me - would have LOVED to meet you Laurie. You won't be back in June by any chance, will you?

Hi, Rachel, it would be terrific to be able to meet you in person. Unfortunately I won't be back in Lisbon until next spring, so we'll have to timne it better the next time. Given our similar addictions, I am pretty confident we will overlap at some point! Can't wait to hear how the camino goes for you and your husband. Happy Anniversary. Laurie

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi, I will be arriving in Lisbon in the 2nd of May at 6pm for my first Camino alone. I would be happy to meet and any suggestions of where to stay that night would be great!

I will tell you by private message.
The boss my read this and maybe, just maybe, I might recommend you another place to stay ;)
In any case, I only work there for short periods of time as I do the regular staff's holidays. I will only work there for two weeks now, starting tomorrow. But I am very familiar with the hostel "scene" in Lisbon and I am very happy to help you find a good place to stay.

Hi, peregrina2000 :)
I don't know anyone from this forum personally.
When you say Wed, Thus, Fri you mean next week, yes?
I would love to. My first encounter with someone from the forum and maybe with a bunch of people!

Hi, musgo, I can meet you on any of those days, let's wait and see if anyone else from the forum is going to be there, if not, it will just be a two-people meetup. I will be meeting up with Anniethe nurse, but that will be late on Friday night since her flight arrives about 8 hours before my flight leaves Lisbon.

Any other forum members in Lisbon next week? I already have a few dates, but I'm greedy. :)

Will see you soon Laurie - arriving on the 8th. Will be in touch again soon with more details.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Hi Laurie, You gave us some hotel info several weeks ago. Karen and I arrive in Lisbon late afternoon May 5th. We're staying at Browns Boutique Hotel at Rua da Vitoria 88. We have all day the 6th and are starting walking on the 7th. Let us know where and when to meet you and we'll definitely try to get together. Would love to buy you a glass of Portugal's best. Dayton and Karen

Thanks again for the walking guide of Lisbon and for your updated guide!!!!

I was so happy to meet some forum members last year when I was in Lisbon and hope to have another chance next week. I will be in Lisbon and with free time every afternoon (and all day Friday!).

If anyone is going to be around, let's try to set up a place to meet for pastel de nata, coffee, wine, or any combination of the above.

Bom caminho, Laurie
Hi Laurie,
My husband and I will arrive Monday morning the 4th. We're staying at Hotel Do Chile. Would love to meet for coffee

Hey Dayton and Karen!
I will be working some 5 minutes' walk away from Browns. Even if we can't meet later you can come in and say hello. I'll be working from 7am to 3.30pm.
I'll PM you the address.
Hi Laurie, You gave us some hotel info several weeks ago. Karen and I arrive in Lisbon late afternoon May 5th. We're staying at Browns Boutique Hotel at Rua da Vitoria 88. We have all day the 6th and are starting walking on the 7th. Let us know where and when to meet you and we'll definitely try to get together. Would love to buy you a glass of Portugal's best. Dayton and Karen

Thanks again for the walking guide of Lisbon and for your updated guide!!!!

I'll PM both of you and maybe we can set something up for Wednesday the 6th -- a little forum meetup after musgo gets off work?

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
So far, it looks like there will be a couple of meet-ups.

-- Monday, the 4th, late afternoon around 3:30-4
-- Wednesday, the 6th, at 3:30
-- Friday the 8th, during the day at some point
-- Friday the 8th, after late night arrival of anniethe nurse

So, if any of these times interest any of you, just let me know.

This is SUCH a huge difference from my experience walking from Lisbon in 2008, when I met absolutely no other pilgrims between Lisbon and Porto!

Hoping amsimoes, diogo, and maybe Mario see this and can join in at some point.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
So far, it looks like there will be a couple of meet-ups.

-- Monday, the 4th, late afternoon around 3:30-4
-- Wednesday, the 6th, at 3:30
-- Friday the 8th, during the day at some point
-- Friday the 8th, after late night arrival of anniethe nurse

So, if any of these times interest any of you, just let me know.

This is SUCH a huge difference from my experience walking from Lisbon in 2008, when I met absolutely no other pilgrims between Lisbon and Porto!

Hoping amsimoes, diogo, and maybe Mario see this and can join in at some point.
Huh, Laurie, very successful invitation so far, congratulations. Maybe you should start a "Meet-up place in Lisbon" instead of Santiago :D

I wish a very nice time to all of you meeting up in Lisbon!

Last edited:
Huh, Laurie, very successful invitation so far, congratulations. Maybe you should start a "Meet-up place in Lisbon" instead of Santiago :D

Good idea!

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

Thanks, K1,
My kids tell me I should be an activities director on a cruise ship, and my husband tells me I would have been a great quartermaster for Napoleon, so maybe I´m finding that my true calling in life is to organize meetings between and among pilgrims. :)

And one of these days, I hope to meet up with you!

Ok, there are about 4-5 of us meeting up both on Monday and Wednesday, here are the details for anyone else who cares to join.

Monday, 4 pm, in front of the cathedral

Wednesday, 3:30 pm in front of the cathedral

There will be a meetup during the day on Friday but no specific time and place yet. And since anniethenurse and I are almost crossing in the night, we will meet at about 9 pm soon after her arrival into Lisbon and hours before my departure from Lisbon.

Looking forward to some pilgrim time! Laurie

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi Laurie.

We just arrived from Porto and we will be working on Monday (Rua da Prata), but still do not know how it is organized my work schedule. Monday sending an email to meet.

AMSimoes

I'll be arriving in Lisbon on Sunday afternoon, will be there untill Tuesday

If you like, we can take a walk from the Hotel Ibis Malhoa, to the city center. I do this route every day from my home to the workplace in the city center. It is a form of thou know'st better the city. Every day around the 8H00m I walk near the hotel towards the city center. Along the way we eat a "pastel de nata" and drink a coffee.
AMSimoes

Hi AMSImoes,
Thank you that will be great!

I'll be in front of the hotel.
Thank you,
Johan

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
This afternoon in Lisbon was wonderful. Four random people met at the cathedral (well, two were a couple so they weren't random) and though we were from different places and had never laid eyes on each other, we had an immediate connection. I am the only unlucky one in the bunch who isn't walking, the rest are heading out in the next few days. Wishing Esther, Eddie, and Johan a wonderful Caminho Portugues. As the weather predictor, I also want to chime in with the opinion that the bad weather is now behind us and those who are walking from Lisbon in the next week or so can count on (hope for??) better weather. Bom caminho to everyone walking the Portugues, Laurie

Last edited:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I'll be on the Cathedral steps tomorrow at 3.30pm (please wait until 3.35pm for I finish work at 3.30!).
I will have very little time because I have a bird to release back into the wild :) I can tell you about it tomorrow. I will have a small, black backpack and, short-sighted as I am, I will be looking around wondering if any of the people I see are the ones I'm supposed to be meeting!

Hi, mugso, no worries we will wait for people to gather. I think there are two other couples coming, in addition to us two, and maybe amsimoes. I will be easy to identify with a head of short white hair, I think. Looking forward to hearing your bird story. Laurie

With permission granted from those pictured :)
It was a pleasure to meet you and I wish you all a positively unforgettable time on the Camino.

129-fulmar-albums-sv-picture4122-img-4241-copy.jpg
What a lovely bunch :)

Bom Caminho!

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
It was a really fun afternoon. FINALLY, thanks to amsimoes, I got to the Santiago church, where all four pilgrims got their credentials stamped. There's a great little sign near the door saying in Portuguese -- your caminho starts here, only 610 kms to Santiago. Good photo op for those who like to take pictures.

Four more pilgrims hit the road tomorrow, giving me a little pang of longing.

Musgo and amsimoes, thanks so much for taking the time to meet up. See you next year in Lisbon! Bom caminho to all, Laurie

It was a really fun afternoon. FINALLY, thanks to amsimoes, I got to the Santiago church, where all four pilgrims got their credentials stamped. There's a great little sign near the door saying in Portuguese -- your caminho starts here, only 610 kms to Santiago. Good photo op for those who like to take pictures.

Four more pilgrims hit the road tomorrow, giving me a little pang of longing.

Musgo and amsimoes, thanks so much for taking the time to meet up. See you next year in Lisbon! Bom caminho to all, Laurie
Kind of strange to see you in jeans, Laurie ;)
Who's who in the picture? Is it allowed to post that?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Kind of strange to see you in jeans, Laurie ;)
Who's who in the picture? Is it allowed to post that?

People gave the ok for their first/forum names to be used. Couple next to me is Karen and Dayton (forum name Karenhypes) , couple further to the right is Gil and Brenda (forum name Gil A). All Canadians (or Canadian transplants) so I was out of my league. But they were very gracious to let in the interloper from the USA. :)

And then there were musgo and amsimoes, the Lisbonites who didn't want to be photographed (musgo took the picture).

People gave the ok for their first/forum names to be used. Couple next to me is Karen and Dayton (forum name Karenhypes) , couple further to the right is Gil and Brenda (forum name Gil A). All Canadians (or Canadian transplants) so I was out of my league. But they were very gracious to let in the interloper from the USA. :)

And then there were musgo and amsimoes, the Lisbonites who didn't want to be photographed (musgo took the picture).
Gil & Brenda's nick should've been "Gil B" :D

Nice to see happy faces on such gathering!

Laurie, Thanks so much for arranging our 'get together.' Wonderful to meet all of you. For anyone coming to Lisbon be sure to take Peregrina2000's "walking tour". It was great and included a great lunch spot.......Thanks Laurie. Thanks again to Laurie for all her positive, insightful and informative posts over the years. Nice to finally meet her.

Dayton and Karen. (to Laurie's left in the photo)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

Bom dia dear pilgrims, I plan on returning to Portugal this summer, after walking the Salvador + Primitivo. I have a few questions: - What is the easiest way to get from SdC to Coimbra? I assume...
My final question since I have asked sooo many. Grabbing a light lunch that I can get on the go, hoping to grab it, and find a square or a bench to enjoy it, then get back to walking. Not really...
Hello everyone! My wife and I are doing our first Camino in Sept and I was very curious about the stretch from Tui to Pontevedra. We have been to Spain multiple times and love the small towns...
Dear all, I have done Camino Frances, Norte and Primitivo and would like to ask about Portuges. I have some soul-searching to do and would love to walk a part of it, unfortunately only a part...
We arrived in Lisbon yesterday, 48 hrs (by choice via Singapore, Milan and Madrid) after leaving home from regional South Australia. Train to Porto tomorrow hitting the pilgram path on Saturday to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back