Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Anyone in Oviedo today?

trecile

Staff member
Time of past OR future Camino
Francés, Norte, Salvador, Primitivo, Portuguese
I'm taking a rest day between my Camino Frances/Salvador and continuation on the Norte. I'd love to get together with anyone who is in Oviedo today. (6 June)

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Hi Trecile, I'm curious on what you thought of the difficulty level of the Salvador. It's on my camino bucket list, but I'm just a bit apprehensive. I have done the Norte/Primitivo, so would like to know how it compares when you finish up the Norte.
Buen Camino as you continue on...

Hi Trecile, I'm curious on what you thought of the difficulty level of the Salvador. It's on my camino bucket list, but I'm just a bit apprehensive. I have done the Norte/Primitivo, so would like to know how it compares when you finish up the Norte.
Buen Camino as you continue on...

I would also be curious about how many were walking the Salvador. I completed my second Primitivo at the end of May and want to walk it again next year (yes, it is very addictive), but do the Salvador first.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Chrissy. We are in Oviedo now- walked the norte from Irun, took the bus from Oviedo to Leon, and came back up the San Salvador. In my opinion if you have done the norte and primitive, you will have no problem. Day 1 from Leon to La Robla is fairly easy- but the first 10 Km are on roads getting out of Leon. Day 2, to Poladura starts out on the roads, and then hits the mountains! Such a great section. Day 3 to Pajares is drop dead gorgeous- lots of ups and downs. I recommend stopping in Pajares simply because colleagues who went on for the long day walked 12 hours to get to their destination. Day 4 to Pola de Lena took longer than expected, but was lovely and not on major roads. Day 5 into Oviedo was a slog. So if you have done el norte and el primitivo, you should have no problem!

I recommend stopping in Pajares simply because colleagues who went on for the long day walked 12 hours to get to their destination.
I continued on to Campomanes that day, and it felt more like 40+km than 30. It took me a little over 10 hours. I did it in one day because the weather was good, and rain was forecast for the next day.

Most read last week in this forum

I have been trying to find a way to avoid the circus during the last stages of Frances. In two hours you can take the Lugo - Ourense train and walk the last stages on the Plata. Is it a good idea...
https://www.alojamientoloshospitales.com/albergue I found a link to this place in an old thread, but can't find it on WisePilgrim, the Gronze map or if I search by address. Can someone tell me...
Hi all Heading out for a meal tonight and Pilgrim mass before starting the Primitivo tomorrow. Any recommendations on where to get a great meal in Oviedo?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.