• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Anyone in Santiago right now?

trecile

Staff member
Time of past OR future Camino
Francés, Norte, Salvador, Primitivo, Portuguese
I officially finished walking yesterday in Finesterre, and I bussed back to Santiago today. I took my time walking to Muxia and Finisterre, so it's been over a week since I first arrived in Santiago and I doubt if anyone I know is in town. (though someone I met early on will be here tomorrow)
So, I'm feeling a little lonely, and trying to fight off the post Camino blues.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I am in town, and nothing planned for today (Wednesday), since everything is closed except some restaurants. Want to chat a bit at one of them? I also have mornings available the next two days.

I lived near Eugene, Oregon, for five years (LONG ago). In case it matters, I am NOT looking for a lady, but have no objection to talking to one.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
@WGroleau I'd love to meet up. Plaza Cervantes at noon? This is what I look like. (I tried to send a private message but wasn't allowed to) BTW, I lived in Eugene from 1987-1992
20170816_113547.jpg

Update - I'll be hanging out at Praza Cervantes for a while watching pilgrims come in
~Terri

Last edited:
Update - I'll be hanging out at Praza Cervantes for a while watching pilgrims come in
~Terri
Apologizing for not staying on the website. I'll head for Plaza Cervantes in about five minutes. I'm near Hospital Choupana, so it might take me a short time to get there.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I officially finished walking yesterday in Finesterre, and I bussed back to Santiago today. I took my time walking to Muxia and Finisterre, so it's been over a week since I first arrived in Santiago and I doubt if anyone I know is in town. (though someone I met early on will be here tomorrow)
So, I'm feeling a little lonely, and trying to fight off the post Camino blues.

@WGroleau I'd love to meet up. Plaza Cervantes at noon? This is what I look like. (I tried to send a private message but wasn't allowed to) BTW, I lived in Eugene from 1987-1992
View attachment 35693
My pic was not a good one, so I deleted it. Blue denim cap (I hate hats, but the sun hates my bald head) and folding bicycle, mustache, no beard. My bad, I'm too late. You look like someone in my high school used to look.
I'll have something wet and cold here at Praza do Cervantes, then head back to my apartment.

Attachments

• IMG_4163.JPG
    IMG_4163.JPG
    240.2 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
View attachment 35695 not sure how to send a picture; OK, finally succeeded.. Blue denim cap (I hate hats, but the sun hates my bald head) and folding bicycle, mustache, no beard. My bad, I'm too late. You look like someone in my high school used to look.
I'll have something wet and cold here at Praia do Cervantes, then head back to my apartment.
Sorry, looks like we missed each other. I did see a couple of people I had met earlier who sat with me for a while.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Sorry, looks like we missed each other.
My bad. I shouldn't have offered and then failed to watch for acceptance. Are you planning to stay awhile? I'm in town for more than a week. Haven't figured out what to do in September.

How was Lires? This little feller must be quite grown up by now.
I loved Lires, both in 2015 and 2017. It looked the exact same to me, with no new buildings or albergues sprouted up in town, just the same one hotel and the casa rural (I've stayed at both). I did see lodging options 5 to 10 miles off trail listed on booking.com, probably more useful to tourists traveling by car.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
It might be very important practically to contemplate the whole way, while still on it's 'hot' route and also in quietness, together or alone, not letting yourself be easily hypnotized by temporary emotion(s). Cause the way hides deeper motifs, deeper experiences, meaning(s) for meetings, and important insight(s) which -if authentic- will come back later anyway in life.
And remember that the way (also) begins from there - from the end of physical journey on a Spanish route, into life - real life.

Most read last week in this forum

Does anyone know a good shop I SDC where they have local cheeses, hams and other delicacies to take home?
The Galicia Rail pass is available to anyone who completes the Camino and is awarded the completion certificate. It allows for 3 days of train travel and also discounts to other places you may...
Has anybody recently volunteered at the Pilgrim office for the 15 day timeframe? Where did you stay in Santiago?
For those who are in Santiago 🙏🏻

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back