• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Anyone in Zamora next week & walking Sanabres?

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
I'am not perfect, but I'm always myself!!!
Hola!

I'll walk into Zamora on Monday (July 13th) from Levante. Anyone from the forum close to Zamora at that time and continuing via Sanabres? Does someone walking VdlP and is approx. a week before Zamora, know about pilgrim waves or general number of people per day in village with albergue?
I know it's a bit silly question and maybe hard to answer but in a month on Levante I've seen 7 pilgrims and stayed for at least one night at the same place with 5 of them. I guess VdlP and Sanabres will be sort of a shock for me :)

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hola!

I'll walk into Zamora on Monday (July 13th) from Levante. Anyone from the forum close to Zamora at that time and continuing via Sanabres? Does someone walking VdlP and is approx. a week before Zamora, know about pilgrim waves or general number of people per day in village with albergue?
I know it's a bit silly question and maybe hard to answer but in a month on Levante I've seen 7 pilgrims and stayed for at least one night at the same place with 5 of them. I guess VdlP and Sanabres will be sort of a shock for me :)
Hola!

I will be at the albergue on Monday evening starting my hospitalera duties the next day. Stop in or stay there and make sure to tell me you are from the forum. I know this does not answer your question but I am sure there are more pilgrims there wondering too.

I will be at the albergue on Monday evening starting my hospitalera duties the next day. Stop in or stay there and make sure to tell me you are from the forum. I know this does not answer your question but I am sure there are more pilgrims there wondering too.
What a coincidence :)
Or not?

I'm actually coming to Zamora the same day but was thinking of staying in private acommodation for first night and albergue for the second one. More reasons for that but one surely is possible "Camino family".
We'll definitely see each other :)

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
What a coincidence :)
Or not?

I'm actually coming to Zamora the same day but was thinking of staying in private acommodation for first night and albergue for the second one. More reasons for that but one surely is possible "Camino family".
We'll definitely see each other :)
Lol..well I will be there till the end of July...so any other forum pilgrims coming Zamora way..you will at least get a cuppa tea and a Canadian hug.

Lol..well I will be there till the end of July...so any other forum pilgrims coming Zamora way..you will at least get a cuppa tea and a Canadian hug.
Oh, that's so nice. It has been a while now since I received or gave a hug :D

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi @KinkyOne
Congrats on making it to Zamora! You saw 6 more on the Levante than we did. What a jump!
Re the Sanabrés (keep in mind I left it yesterday and only did A Gudiña - Santiago).

1) there is or was a REAL problem with bedbugs in Mombuey, A Gudiña, A Laxe, Cea and potentially Outeiro:

I got off the train in A Gudiña and started to walk so I didn't sleep there but I heard about the problem when I arrived in Laza. A day or two later they closed the albergue so hopefully fumigated. Pilgrims said they saw and killed many in both Mombuey and A Gudiña and believe the problem originated in Mombuey. I slept fine in Laza and in Xunqueira de Ambía. We went to Oseira and not Cea but apparently there is/was a problem there. I don't know about Castro-Duzon as we went on to A Laxe from Oseira.

When three of us arrived in A Laxe at 13:00 there was a sign saying closed till 17:00. We spoke to the Hospitalera who said that she was "disinfecting " due to chinches. We walked on to the Albergue Turístico in Silleda which was €8 pp including sheets and towel+ €8 menu. We left a note for the other pilgrims in our group. Two joined us later in Silleda the rest (4) slept in A Laxe.

Our last stop was in Outeiro. I didn't experience any problems but a fellow pilgrim moved to a sofa when he said he felt a chinche crawling on him at night. How he knew it was a chinche I don't know.

I think that there were the right amount of pilgrims - 14 in Laza and fewer afterwards (except as of Ourense) as some did shorter etapas. There were 9 in my group.

@IngridF enjoy Zamora. I have stayed there 4x and helped out for 4 days in April when I finished the Levante. I will be in Nájera from July 15-30.

Greetings from Santa Mariña (on my way to Finisterre).

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi, Ingrid!
Came to Zamora today as planned and stopped at albergue if there's any chance of staying two nights. No go, said grey-haired señor hospitalero. They also don't expect any hospitalera from Canada, from Islas Canarias si ;)
I'm staying at Hostal Chiqui for tonight. If you are in for a drink later today, send me a note through this thread. Otherwise we'll see each other tomorrow.

So, today I started from Zamora via Sanabres. Levante is no more.
And yesterday I got a biiig hug from @IngridF just beginning her hospitalera shift. She is the fourth Perdon from the forum I've met and I'm very happy to say that all of them (with the first one we just say hello last year on the way to Negreira) are great personalities although we weren't walking together or spend a lot of time talking. Furthermore Ingrid is half Slovenian which meant a lot to me after one month of solitude. It was like you hear, by accident, the song from your country after long time talking and almost thinking in other language. It was very nice. Thank you, Ingrid!!!
And hope to meet again someday, somewhere... :)

So, today I started from Zamora via Sanabres. Levante is no more.
And yesterday I got a biiig hug from @IngridF just beginning her hospitalera shift. She is the fourth Perdon from the forum I've met and I'm very happy to say that all of them (with the first one we just say hello last year on the way to Negreira) are great personalities although we weren't walking together or spend a lot of time talking. Furthermore Ingrid is half Slovenian which meant a lot to me after one month of solitude. It was like you hear, by accident, the song from your country after long time talking and almost thinking in other language. It was very nice. Thank you, Ingrid!!!
And hope to meet again someday, somewhere... :)
It was lovely to meet you and find out that my grandfather's town was not far from your ancestors as well. Ultreia. . Wishing you the best Camino ever.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Wondering why I'm getting these old posts (2015) in my 'Yesterday's New Topics' emails?

Most read last week in this forum

My daughter just has a few weeks off so we flew to Portugal to visit my brother in Braga, then he drove us up to Puebla de Sanabria to walk the Camino Sanabres. Tomorrow we start walking, but I...
After Requejo, you pass thru a little town, Padornelo and then by a gas station with a bar. You follow N-525 for a short way and then come to a turn off to the right, leading thru Aciberos. There...
Greetings from sunny Cea. Are there any hostels between Cea and A Laxe? Hostel in Castro Dozon is closed
After Olleros de Tera at one point you will come to a crossing where there are two arrows. One pointing to the road and one pointing straight on into the greenery. If you have the Via de la Plata...
I’m at Almadén de la Plata at the moment, and my options for tomorrow are to go as far as El Real de la Jara (approx 14km) or continue on to Monesterio (approx 34km). 34 km is a bit far for day 4...
Hi all! Once again I am heading back to Spain; this time to walk much of the Sanabres with my son; starting in Rionegro del Puente after a few sightseeing days first in Salamanca and Zamora...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back