• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Anyone knows where I can order this sleepingbag in Europe?

Yellowfriend

Time of past OR future Camino
Porto- Santiago / Fisterra- Muxia sept 2016
SJPP- Santiago may 2017planninh
Hi,
Found my perfect travel bag I hope :
MEC INTREPID TRAVELLER 15-22C SLEEPING BAG - UNISEX
Only can order this from Canada and then is 50e shipping price. Is this also here in Europe? Looks perfect : )Thanks!

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    651 KB · Views: 71
  • image.png
    image.png
    776.3 KB · Views: 52
Last edited by a moderator:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
There are some stores in the Netherlands who have Mountain Equipment sleeping bags in stock. They might know how to get hold of the model you like. You can find the stores listed here when you enter your home town.

Hi,
Only can order this from Canada and then is 50e shipping price. Is this also here in Europe? Looks perfect : )Thanks!
You can't. This is especially made for the store MEC.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Or you look at the webside ! Given by the link of @Purky. Bever Sport should supply stuff of MEC so give them a call or send an email to them. Bever Sport is allways somewhere around where you live. Here in Rotterdam even are two Bever stores.
Bom caminho

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Or you look at the webside ! Given by the link of @Purky. Bever Sport should supply stuff of MEC so give them a call or send an email to them. Bever Sport is allways somewhere around where you live. Here in Rotterdam even are two Bever stores.
Bom caminho
Albertinho, where do you see that Bever sells MEC products?

Albertinho, where do you see that Bever sells MEC products?
In the post of Purky is a link to the MEC website in the UK.
On the site is searchbox where the shops are. I can't give the guaranty that they sell MEC but they are mentionned on this site so I should say "give it a try".
I filled in Rotterdam and they pointed out to Bever Sport which likely has a big assortment of sportsgear. We bought our backpacks there ,brand Osprey.And many other things for our 3 caminhos .

Met vriendelijke groet uit Rotterdam
Albertinho

Last edited:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
In your post is a link to the MEC website in the UK.
On the site is searchbox where the shops are. I can't give the guaranty that they sell MEC but they are mentionned on this site so I should say "give it a try". Miet gsvhoten is altijd mis :):confused:
I filled in Rotterdam and they pointed out to Bever Sport which likely has a big assortment of backpacks. We bought ours there although no MEC but Osprey.And many other things for our 3 caminhos and the Pieterpad.

Met vriendelijke groet uit Rotterdam
Albertinho
Where do you see a MEC UK website?

http://www.mountain-equipment.co.uk/stockists/
It could be that as stated earlier above in this thread that this website is a different to your Canadian one.
Quite confusing two companies in the same field with almost the same name by the way:confused:
Not MEC. I hope the OP,didn't get her hopes too high when she read the false alarms from those who do not know what MEC is and posted it sells in Europe. When in doubt, perhaps we should all do a bit of fact checking before giving advice that is not.

€83,-
Hi,
We bought these (and they are on sale right now) and they're fabulously small and lightweight. Shipping anything to Europe from Canada is quite expensive, unfortunately. Their website does say "This item ships for free"... to ? Perhaps you could challenge that? https://www.mec.ca/en/product/5034-985/Intrepid-Traveller-15-22C-Sleeping-Bag

Yellow friend, I purchased this exact bag here in Victoria, BC. and it was perfect. You're getting a lot of mixed messages here. I wonder if it might be worth your while to place a long distance phone call to any MEC store in Canada and see if they could offer you any suggestions.

Hi,
REI is American outdoor equipment co-op similar to MEC in Canada. Here is a link to the REI page for warm-weather sleeping bags. While you probably won't buy from REI because of the same shipping cost issue, you can look at the REI offerings from various manufacturers and then search for that particular sleeping bag at outdoor stores in your area. http://tinyurl.com/1-SeasonSleepinBag

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I just calculated Canada Post from Vancouver, BC to the Netherlands for this bag (12" x 6" x 6", 1.5 lbs) and it is $100 Canadian, so MEC's estimate of 50 Euros for shipping is probably pretty spot on (I was thinking I could purchase & send to you cheaper, but no.)

Hi,
Why do you need a technical bag when sleeping in Albergues. My AUD20 Aldi sleeping 9Mummy) bag is about to do it's third Camino with no problems.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
This is a bag intended for tropical and indoor use.
Still seems like overkill. If one is not planning frequent Caminos then a cheap bag will suffice. The added advantage is that you can take a liner to increase the warmth of the cheap bag and then you can soak the liner with pemethrin to deter the bed bugs. Storing the liner in it's own ultrasil (dry) bag seems to maintain the potency of the pemethrin.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Why do you need a technical bag when sleeping in Albergues. My AUD20 Aldi sleeping 9Mummy) bag is about to do it's third Camino with no problems.
For women in their late 40s/early 50s, this is an excellent bag. Sometimes we sleep very hot and other times, not. This bag is a light sleeping bag on one side and a liner on the other. Two bags in one. Perfect :)

Most read last week in this forum

I’m leaving soon for CP and again attempted to use what’s app without success. I was trying to call a hotel in Spain, it just rings but nothing else. A few years ago I tried using in within Spain...
Starting our Camino on May 6. Super excited! These forums have been awesome! Doing Coastal Portuguese from Porto with my daughter and her girlfriend. Definitely packing good lightweight rain...
I realize every ounce matters when carrying backpack and not shipping luggage ahead. However, I know that the Spaniards are big into meat and potatoes, and not so much produce. I am thinking of...
Hola, I gearing up to start my 1st CdS and have seen people recommended sleeping bag liners to protect against bed bugs. Do these help or is it a myth? Should I add the extra weight of bringing one?
Michael @wisepilgrim had mentioned a new feature that he was developing for Wise Pilgrim, and it looks like it is now in operation. You can check the app and see in real time how many beds are...
I’ve been stressing about charging my devices, so just want to make sure. I have this 4port Powered USB hub which I’m connecting to an adapter to fit European (at least Spain, since I know it...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.