• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Anyone like to borrow my trailer for Camino?

David

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
First one in 2005 from Moissac, France.
Hi all - this is for pilgrims in the UK really due to postage costs - I built my Mk4 trailer (the S-Cargo) but now won't be going to Camino with it this season so was wondering if anyone out there .. perhaps someone camping so with a heavy pack, or with difficulties in wearing a pack, etc ... would like to borrow it. Seems a shame that it will just stay stored away.

Very simple to put together and dismantle and packs flat. (will include instructions - swivel drawbars out and tighten down, bolt on wheels, sorted) just 4.5 kilos and I have tested it to 20 kilo load ....

no charge of course - is a loan, not a hire - but would like payment for courier delivery, probably about £10?

Note: It really isn't worth using a trailer if one has a light pack - why bother? but for a heavy pack, or age/disability is a real boon.

PM me if interested and let me know your dates ... a few months of summer ahead, we could pass it on to a few pilgrims!

Only alternative for me really is that I sell it for £175 plus delivery.

Buen Camino!

trailer 1.jpg

T 2.jpg

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
David, you are such a super pilgrim! I really think your offer is so generous. Maybe someone on a UK pilgrimage could respond... I wish... just even to try it out, but I do not qualify. Maybe someone will do the deed and buy it, so you can go on and make your next one!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi all - this is for UK pilgrims really due to postage costs - I built my Mk4 trailer (the S-Cargo) but now won't be going to Camino with it this season so was wondering if anyone out there .. perhaps someone camping so with a heavy pack, or with difficulties in wearing a pack, etc ... would like to borrow it. Seems a shame that it will just stay stored away.

Very simple to put together and dismantle and packs flat. (will include instructions - swivel drawbars out and tighten down, bolt on wheels, sorted) just 4.5 kilos and I have tested it to 20 kilo load ....

no charge of course - is a loan, not a hire - but would like payment for courier delivery, probably about £10?

Note: It really isn't worth using a trailer if one has a light pack - why bother? but for a heavy pack, or age/disability is a real boon.

PM me if interested and let me know your dates ... a few months of summer ahead, we could pass it on to a few pilgrims!

Buen Camino!

View attachment 125696

View attachment 125698
A true pilgrim; generous. Your 'stuff' does not own you. Bless you David especially as you bless someone else. A continued 'buen camino' to you Fondly sandi- Canada.

If I hadnt wrecked my ankle in Porto I'd be keen to do the beginning of Francigena in France towing camping gear but!!!rest and ice is my near future. Very generous offer thou. Well done David

It’s such a generous offer, David.

UK pilgrims - you won’t be sorry if you go on camino with a trailer. The difference between walking with a trailer and hauling a backpack is immense.

I’m currently walking the VDLP and Camino Sanabres with Spot, David’s MK2 trailer which he gifted to me five years ago. All Spot’s components pack down into the cart and I place the cart into a suitcase - and he (Spot’s a ‘he’) travels from Australia with me. At the starting point I send the suitcase to Ivar with all my non-camino gear and then Spot and I begin our camino.

If the path’s wide enough, Spot’s there. The components are all heavy duty but light - David put weeks and weeks of research and testing into the trailer and five years on Spot’s still going strong.

As well as the ease of walking with Spot, only last Saturday I carried another pilgrim’s pack in Spot as well as my own gear as the pilgrim was exhausted. The difference the extra weight made with Spot rolling along behind me was negligible.

Here’s Spot at the donativo albergue at Fuenterroble last week -

E323A579-99FA-48FF-AB63-A8E47388DFF1.jpeg

Cheers from the VDLP -
Jenny

Attachments

• 8AA159C9-9649-40FD-8896-0B2F4CEF2234.jpeg
    8AA159C9-9649-40FD-8896-0B2F4CEF2234.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 135
Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi all - this is for UK pilgrims really due to postage costs - I built my Mk4 trailer (the S-Cargo) but now won't be going to Camino with it this season so was wondering if anyone out there .. perhaps someone camping so with a heavy pack, or with difficulties in wearing a pack, etc ... would like to borrow it. Seems a shame that it will just stay stored away.

Buen Camino!

View attachment 125696

View attachment 125698
I have watched the documentary you are in on YouTube called Pilgrims. I thought it was excellent and have forwarded it to friends. Thanks for your generosity and thanks for being a part of a Camino Documentary that struck my heart.

I have used folding trolleys on several caminos. It weighs about 2.5 kg and I can get it into my rucksack or attach it to the rucksack with the bungee that comes with the trolley, so I have been able to take it as carry-on with Ryanair up to my last camino. It looks like this: https://www.aldi.co.uk/folding-trolley/p/070263027152200 and cost about £10. Each trolley usually lasts for one camino. The Aldi trolley packed up at Ponferrada, but I was able to get a refund! It does keep one hand busy, whereas a trailer leaves both hands free, but it is easy to pick up and put down. When the path is too rough for the trolley I put the rucksack on my back and fold the trolley and carry it. I have seen people with trailers attached to their waist and I wonder how comfortable that can be. I imagine that the constant bouncing up and down could be uncomfortable.

I have used folding trolleys on several caminos. It weighs about 2.5 kg and I can get it into my rucksack or attach it to the rucksack with the bungee that comes with the trolley, so I have been able to take it as carry-on with Ryanair up to my last camino. It looks like this: https://www.aldi.co.uk/folding-trolley/p/070263027152200 and cost about £10. Each trolley usually lasts for one camino. The Aldi trolley packed up at Ponferrada, but I was able to get a refund! It does keep one hand busy, whereas a trailer leaves both hands free, but it is easy to pick up and put down. When the path is too rough for the trolley I put the rucksack on my back and fold the trolley and carry it. I have seen people with trailers attached to their waist and I wonder how comfortable that can be. I imagine that the constant bouncing up and down could be uncomfortable.
Hi @Bert45 - your Aldi trolley is a winner! Very resourceful.

I’m delighted to report that Spot, the trailer which David invented, (see my post #6) doesn’t bounce at all - there are times when I’m barely aware that he’s trundling along behind me. He’s been an absolute dream companion here on the VDLP as with previous caminos. David did a lot of R and D when coming up with the design to fix the bounce problem which is apparent with some of the trailers on the market.

Buen future Camino with your Aldi angel!

Cheers -
Jenny

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
David
I hope you hold on to it and that I get to borrow (or buy) it to enable me to carry my gear and my father-in-law’s gear so we can do one last Camino together. He is 90 now and with pulmonary fibrosis struggles to walk 5km….but this might make it possible!

Hi David, we have been following all your technical advise and were so excited to see your new design of trailer. Your forum threads helped my husband design our 2 trailers and after carrying backpacks all those thousands of kilometres a trailer is AMAZING. No sore shoulders, feet feel so so much better after longer kilometres, and the freedom of air on your back when the temperature rises. The amount of thumbs up we get from locals and people asking our email address to get technical details is amazing. Thank you for your posts, your inspiration and your belief in the advantage of using trailers.
IMG_20220529_111522.jpg

Hi David, we have been following all your technical advise and were so excited to see your new design of trailer. Your forum threads helped my husband design our 2 trailers and after carrying backpacks all those thousands of kilometres a trailer is AMAZING. No sore shoulders, feet feel so so much better after longer kilometres, and the freedom of air on your back when the temperature rises. The amount of thumbs up we get from locals and people asking our email address to get technical details is amazing. Thank you for your posts, your inspiration and your belief in the advantage of using trailers.
View attachment 127526

Hey! Thank you so much for posting - I really hoped that someone out there would take inspiration and make their own - and you did!! And what brilliant trailers they are too .... gold stars!

classic photo of pilgrims with trailers - no sweat and big smiles 🤣.

Trailers really are totally excellent, aren't they .... and there is that walking upright thing too, relaxed, upright, kissing your hand at sweating pilgrims as you pass them 😂

the only negative comments about trailers on the forum have been from people who have never tried one, or even seen one sometimes .... it makes life so easy, so easy that one can almost feel guilty when strolling past sweating laden pilgrims ... well, almost .. and yes, you do get a lot of interest don't you, and all positive.

So glad ... made me really smile .. on a slight downside ... I think the design may be better than mine - hahaha .. where on earth did you source those fab axle cross bars from?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hey! Thank you so much for posting - I really hoped that someone out there would take inspiration and make their own - and you did!! And what brilliant trailers they are too .... gold stars!

classic photo of pilgrims with trailers - no sweat and big smiles 🤣.

Trailers really are totally excellent, aren't they .... and there is that walking upright thing too, relaxed, upright, kissing your hand at sweating pilgrims as you pass them 😂

the only negative comments about trailers on the forum have been from people who have never tried one, or even seen one sometimes .... it makes life so easy, so easy that one can almost feel guilty when strolling past sweating laden pilgrims ... well, almost .. and yes, you do get a lot of interest don't you, and all positive.

So glad ... made me really smile .. on a slight downside ... I think the design may be better than mine - hahaha .. where on earth did you source those fab axle cross bars from?
Well, David... the main frame of the trailers is a A$39 collapsible lightweight hand trolley from Bunnings (gotta love that place) where we also sourced the wheels, 10mm bolts that created the axle cross bars with pvc piping cut as spacers and for the adjustable arms..... spiderweb brooms cut down and fitted into marine radio brackets from BFC! With some tinkering my husband built it so the wheels still fold in and the handle frame still telescopes down in an instant and the trailer arms unscrew to allow us to put the whole unit on our backs if necessary. So far that has only been 5 flights of stairs in a pensione in Coimbra and the mud hole filled bush track coming into Alburgaria a Nova. To transport them over he disconnected all the wheels and the collapsed trolleys easily fit into an old dive gear back. The one thing that is really important is to swap out the "toy" bearings for proper sealed machine bearings (2 in each wheel). We estimate the trolleys have cost us approx. A$90 each. My husband had a lower back operation back in early 2019 and managed the VdlP in late 2019, but wanted to protect his back and researched where he found all your comprehensive information. He built the first one and we tested it extensively where we live in Coffs Harbour (now thats where you get funny looks) and when I tried it I wanted one too as the benefits were immediately obvious. Your tips on weight distribution were spot on as well and we put everything you say into practice. We are so chuffed that you are impressed, as we did learn from the master!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Well, David... the main frame of the trailers is a A$39 collapsible lightweight hand trolley from Bunnings (gotta love that place) where we also sourced the wheels, 10mm bolts that created the axle cross bars with pvc piping cut as spacers and for the adjustable arms..... spiderweb brooms cut down and fitted into marine radio brackets from BFC! With some tinkering my husband built it so the wheels still fold in and the handle frame still telescopes down in an instant and the trailer arms unscrew to allow us to put the whole unit on our backs if necessary. So far that has only been 5 flights of stairs in a pensione in Coimbra and the mud hole filled bush track coming into Alburgaria a Nova. To transport them over he disconnected all the wheels and the collapsed trolleys easily fit into an old dive gear back. The one thing that is really important is to swap out the "toy" bearings for proper sealed machine bearings (2 in each wheel). We estimate the trolleys have cost us approx. A$90 each. My husband had a lower back operation back in early 2019 and managed the VdlP in late 2019, but wanted to protect his back and researched where he found all your comprehensive information. He built the first one and we tested it extensively where we live in Coffs Harbour (now thats where you get funny looks) and when I tried it I wanted one too as the benefits were immediately obvious. Your tips on weight distribution were spot on as well and we put everything you say into practice. We are so chuffed that you are impressed, as we did learn from the master!
Genius, @DeansFamily - your trailers are fantastic. Aussie ingenuity and resourcefulness at its best.
The world of Camino trailers is a great place to be!

@JennyH94, I didn't realize you were walking the VdLP. Are you still out and about or back home now? Do you have a blog I have missed seeing?
In Madrid tonight Chrissy - two weeks in the UK as from tomorrow.
I didn’t quite make it to Santiago under my own steam as I tripped on a small step just before Ourense. Had four rest days there and a day walking to test the injured foot but it was too painful to continue walking. I regrouped and trained it to Santiago and had a fantastic time there. Cea-Santiago is my plan for next year!
Hoping all’s going great with you -
Camino hugs -
Jenny

In Madrid tonight Chrissy - two weeks in the UK as from tomorrow.
I didn’t quite make it to Santiago under my own steam as I tripped on a small step just before Ourense. Had four rest days there and a day walking to test the injured foot but it was too painful to continue walking. I regrouped and trained it to Santiago and had a fantastic time there. Cea-Santiago is my plan for next year!
Hoping all’s going great with you -
Camino hugs -
Jenny
Jenny, I am sorry to hear about your injury, but I'm sure you are thankful to have made it as far as you did prior to your fall.
Enjoy your time in the UK and hopefully you will have left the current heat wave behind you.
I am doing well and have a couple of trips in the semi-planning stages up my sleeve for now.
Take care!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Fantastic! I just love the repurposing of common items, so satisfying (well, common once you have found them).
Yes, real bearings definitely the way to go, mine are double bearings in each wheel too ... for the drawbars my Mk3 used window cleaning telescopic poles cut to size, with their angle brackets but with my Mk4 I used crutches - true, crutches! really strong and light and instant click to set length or separate them ... so pleased that you had a great Camino with none of that awful weight on the body ... way to go!!!

Last edited:
Hey David,
I was wondering if you got any "bites" to borrow your Escargo. How are you doing...possibly inventing something else with your engineering mind?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hey David,
I was wondering if you got any "bites" to borrow your Escargo. How are you doing...possibly inventing something else with your engineering mind?

Hey. S-Cargo is now in Brighton waiting for an Aussie pilgrim arriving in two weeks to stay with his sister before Caminoing and collect it. He is looking forward to unpacking the parcel!!

On the subject of trailers for pilgrims this is what Emilio Estevez was originally thinking for his father to bring from SJPdP to Muxia. Sheen then insisted on the cremation plot.
View attachment 129292
;)

I love diversity and to know that vampires now go on Camino is great, though I suppose they have to walk at night which is why they are hard to spot (and stay away from bathrooms that have mirrors in them).

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I love diversity and to know that vampires now go on Camino is great, though I suppose they have to walk at night which is why they are hard to spot (and stay away from bathrooms that have mirrors in them).
And here we thought it was bedbugs all along, feasting on the necks of pilgrims.

On the subject of trailers for pilgrims this is what Emilio Estevez was originally thinking for his father to bring from SJPdP to Muxia. Sheen then insisted on the cremation plot.
View attachment 129292
;)
P.S. I think the coffin-cargo is a great option...no tent needed, no albergue needed...unless you possibly need a shower "here and there", especially if walking in extreme temps like this summer.👃

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Just came on to say that even when you are not on any camino a bit of you goes as well.
You have a good heart David even though you can't spell.
It is what everyone needs...someone who thinks of the welfare and comfort of others.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi all - this is for pilgrims in the UK really due to postage costs - I built my Mk4 trailer (the S-Cargo) but now won't be going to Camino with it this season so was wondering if anyone out there .. perhaps someone camping so with a heavy pack, or with difficulties in wearing a pack, etc ... would like to borrow it. Seems a shame that it will just stay stored away.

Buen Camino!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

David hi, If I had seen this post earlier, I would have made an offer on your hiking trailer, for sure!! It looks awesome, nice work! However, recently, I purchased an Ultreia / Mottez trailer. I've a recurring runner's knee issue and dinky back; hence, the trailer! My plan is to use it on the Camino, via Frances, starting late this March. I'm based in London, UK.

My only quandary now is transport: how to package for the flight out // how to transport packaging from start to end // how to package for the flight back?? The trailer came in a cardboard box 25x50x65 cm. It might be a bit bulky for flying (I have to check). Furthermore, I'm not sure if / how to forward the box to Santiago DLC (i.e. my end destination). 🤔

If you (or others) have any suggestions on this query, that would be much appreciated.😊 Cheers, Shane

It’s such a generous offer, David.

UK pilgrims - you won’t be sorry if you go on camino with a trailer. The difference between walking with a trailer and hauling a backpack is immense.

I’m currently walking the VDLP and Camino Sanabres with Spot, David’s MK2 trailer which he gifted to me five years ago. All Spot’s components pack down into the cart and I place the cart into a suitcase - and he (Spot’s a ‘he’) travels from Australia with me. At the starting point I send the suitcase to Ivar with all my non-camino gear and then Spot and I begin our camino.

If the path’s wide enough, Spot’s there. The components are all heavy duty but light - David put weeks and weeks of research and testing into the trailer and five years on Spot’s still going strong.

As well as the ease of walking with Spot, only last Saturday I carried another pilgrim’s pack in Spot as well as my own gear as the pilgrim was exhausted. The difference the extra weight made with Spot rolling along behind me was negligible.

Here’s Spot at the donativo albergue at Fuenterroble last week -

View attachment 125709

Cheers from the VDLP -
Jenny
Jenny hi, I plan to do the Camino Frances shortly with a trailer in tow (Ultreia, Mottez)! I was wondering if you might have any advice re logistics?? 🤔
https://www.chariotderandonnee.com/produits/chariot-de-randonneur.html

My trailer is quite compact but perhaps less so than the model you have (looks great, really nifty btw!). I will fly from London, UK to Biarritz, France (or thereabouts). The trailer fits into a box ca 25x50x65 cm. I hope it will be allowed to fly in luggage as 'sports equipment'.🤞 Subsequently, my plan is to transport said box (or alternative) to my final Camino destination (i.e. Santiago DC). If you have any advice or suggestions on this (start-destination) transport leg, that would be much appreciated. 😊

Many thanks, Shane

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi Shane -

Firstly, you have a fantastic hiking trailer there. Best wishes for thousands of kilometres of happy walking on caminos in the future.

Getting to your starting point, (will it be St Jean Pied de Port?), is certainly doable but will need a bit of extra planning. The dimensions of the box aren’t excessive - think of the massive suitcases people haul around the UK and Europe - yep! I’m of those people who have no idea of the meaning of the word ‘minimal’! - but the check-in staff at the airport MIGHT view the box (purely because it’s a box) as a special or outsize item. Best thing here is to check your airline’s luggage dimensions rules and if you do end up using the box ensure you reinforce the corners etc as much as possible to help against rough handling etc.

I wonder whether the trailer, when dismantled, would pack down into a suitcase? In the suitcase you’d have all your gear and you could have your practically empty backpack as carry-on. This would make it easier to transport the trailer to your starting point and you could then send the empty suitcase to Ivar at his luggage store in Santiago via the postal system (Correos). OR, from St Jean you could use Express Bourricot - the Pilgrim Office there will give you details. Last year for the VDLP and Sanabres I posted the suitcase (containing my non-camino gear) to Ivar from Seville. It cost €19 to post and €25 to store it for six weeks, which was excellent value. Ivar does say that posting items to him from within Spain is far preferable as then there’s no Customs issues.

You can then collect the suitcase from Ivar and do the reverse when you head home.

I’ve used the suitcase option for at least three or four caminos now and it works really well. I have tried other options in the past but the suitcase option is the easiest and best.

Another option is, would the dismantled trailer pack down into a long duffel bag? If so, this would make it easier to transport - everything is in the duffel bag and you can keep the tightly folded duffel bag with you for the duration.

The reason I mention these options is that I’ve twice had problems in Spain with taking Spot in his partially dismantled state on buses and trains. I won’t bore you with the details but after these two instances I’ve concluded that bus and train staff don’t like anything that’s not enclosed in a suitcase or bag on their transport - safety concerns probably. You might find this in France too as you’ll probably be on a train from Biarritz to St Jean.

@DeansFamily in their post No.13 above packed their dismantled trailers in an old dive bag … something similar might work really well for you.

Best of luck in getting your trailer to your starting point and have a wonderful Camino -

Cheers from Oz -

Jenny

Jenny hi,
Thank you so much for your reply - you're a star! The notes on your experience and suggestions are invaluable. I'll be putting to good use, for sure. Now I have a clearer idea as to how to proceed. Some more head scratching, no doubt; but I'll get there. Vamos!
Cheers again,
Shane

Jenny hi,
Thank you so much for your reply - you're a star! The notes on your experience and suggestions are invaluable. I'll be putting to good use, for sure. Now I have a clearer idea as to how to proceed. Some more head scratching, no doubt; but I'll get there. Vamos!
Cheers again,
Shane
Cheers Shane - it’s a pleasure to help.
I hope all goes fantastically well!
Buen Camino!
And cheers from Oz -
Jenny

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Buen Camino!

View attachment 125696

View attachment 125698
Wish I'd seen this earlier David.
What a wonderful gift from a true pilgrim.
I'm arriving April 18th from Canada.
I'm planning a multi Camino with a 3 month timeline.
I've searched everywhere for one to purchase.
I waited too long and the ones I've found are close to
€ 1000.
And I'd never get it in time.
I carried my pack the entire Camino Francis.
Unfortunately after a waterskiing accident 8 days after my return...I had both hips and both knees replaced in 4 surgeries in 13months.
This added to my pain issues of 4 Lyme diseases...its going to be a challenge.
I know I can use a pack transfer service..the problem with that is letting my body dictate my days stop.
I'd be forced to push on to wherever my pack was sent.

I have an amazing buisness suggestion for you.

To build several of these amazing carts you've created and see if Ivar would be willing to rent them out of his pilgrim shop in Santiago.
Then perhaps pilgrims could arrange shipment from there to their starting point.
I think it would do awesomely well.
I know I've even been searching in Portugal and Spain.

Just a thought

Ivar what do you think of the idea?

Again thank you David for such an amazing gift offering.

You are a True Pilgrim

Buen Camino ❤️ 👣

€ 1000.
Unfortunately after a waterskiing accident 8 days after my return...I had both hips and both knees replaced in 4 surgeries in 13months.
I know I can use a pack transfer service..the problem with that is letting my body dictate my days stop.

To build several of these amazing carts you've created and see if Ivar would be willing to rent them out of his pilgrim shop in Santiago.
Then perhaps pilgrims could arrange shipment from there to their starting point.

Just a thought

You are a True Pilgrim

Buen Camino ❤️ 👣
Every forum and everything in everyday life needs an @David.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
€ 1000.

Just a thought

You are a True Pilgrim

Buen Camino ❤️ 👣
Penny hi,

With health in mind, a trailer would be a great help to you, I reckon. As per my own posts, I'm going to use a Mottez (A700P) Hiking Trolley. I bought it via eBay from an enterprise based in Brittany, France. It cost £220 (plus ca £15 postage). If you were to order now, it might arrive to you in Canada on time. Alternatively, you could have it delivered to a trusted contact on/near the Camino, perhaps. Incidentally, I imagine the resale market for trailers is pretty good.

Recently, it was brought to my attention that someone on Facebook was selling a hiking trailer (Camino del Norte // Apnea Aldea Ladea). This or some other might be worth chasing. Indeed, Facebook seems to be a good place for getting word out and researching.

Anyhow, all best with your ventures.

Buen Camino!

Shane

Penny hi,

With health in mind, a trailer would be a great help to you, I reckon. As per my own posts, I'm going to use a Mottez (A700P) Hiking Trolley. I bought it via eBay from an enterprise based in Brittany, France. It cost £220 (plus ca £15 postage). If you were to order now, it might arrive to you in Canada on time. Alternatively, you could have it delivered to a trusted contact on/near the Camino, perhaps. Incidentally, I imagine the resale market for trailers is pretty good.

Recently, it was brought to my attention that someone on Facebook was selling a hiking trailer (Camino del Norte // Apnea Aldea Ladea). This or some other might be worth chasing. Indeed, Facebook seems to be a good place for getting word out and researching.

Anyhow, all best with your ventures.

Buen Camino!

Shane
Thank you for the valuable info Shane !
I'll look into it.

Hi All - am opening this thread again as my trailer - unused - has now come back to me.
I sent it to someone but they became very ill (they still are) so cancelled their Camino. Unfortunately one of the side effects of their medication is extreme forgetfulness so they forgot all about it.

So - I now have my trailer back, still in the box I sent it in.

Below is my opening post and photos, repeated for you -

Hi all - this is for pilgrims in the UK really due to postage costs - I built my Mk4 trailer (the S-Cargo) but won't be going to Camino with it this season so was wondering if anyone out there .. perhaps someone camping so with a heavy pack, or with difficulties in wearing a pack, etc ... would like to borrow it. Seems a shame that it will just stay stored away.

Only alternative for me really is that I sell it for £125 plus delivery.

I am now living in Bath in the UK --- I could easily post it to a hotel in London or similar for a pilgrim passing through.

trailer 1.jpgtrailer 2.jpg

Buen Camino!

Hi All - am opening this thread again as my trailer - unused - has now come back to me.
I sent it to someone but they became very ill (they still are) so cancelled their Camino. Unfortunately one of the side effects of their medication is extreme forgetfulness so they forgot all about it.

So - I now have my trailer back, still in the box I sent it in.

Below is my opening post and photos, repeated for you -

Hi all - this is for pilgrims in the UK really due to postage costs - I built my Mk4 trailer (the S-Cargo) but won't be going to Camino with it this season so was wondering if anyone out there .. perhaps someone camping so with a heavy pack, or with difficulties in wearing a pack, etc ... would like to borrow it. Seems a shame that it will just stay stored away.

Only alternative for me really is that I sell it for £125 plus delivery.

I am now living in Bath in the UK --- I could easily post it to a hotel in London or similar for a pilgrim passing through.

View attachment 144419View attachment 144420

Buen Camino!
Oh I wish I’d seen this thread earlier !
I started the VdlP in Seville in April and sadly had to finish in Zamora with a knee injury. Turns out it was a stress fracture. A week recuperating with family in the UK and now back home in Australia using crutches instead of hiking poles.
I’m very determined to finish the camino to Santiago as soon as I get the all clear from the orthopaedic clinic which has led me to researching hiking trolleys.
I‘ll follow your updates with interest for when I can hopefully return to the camino.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

70+ year old, 5 ft. tall, 110 lb. female hiking the full Northern Route (del Norte). My goal is to carry no more than 12 pounds/5.44 kg. Ideally, I'd like to carry less. I'm planning to use a...
Has anyone tried wearing sun sleeves? Seems they might be good for protection from the sun while also perhaps forgoing the need for a long-sleeve shirt? My concern is whether or not the fit is...
Sorry if this seems trivial, but I leave in 26 days for my first Camino (Frances). I’m finalizing my backpack items figuring what makes the honored Final Cut. Question: I was gonna bring a...
I usually wear Motion Control, but thought I might try something new this year. What are YOUR favorites, and why?
Does anyone have any experience with getting a custom rain cover for an Osprey pack? After 4 different caminos I am now grappling with using my rain suit which I prefer vs a poncho because my...
I walked the Camino Portuguese in September 2023 and loved the experience. I'm looking forward to my next Camino sometime in 2025. Although I didn't need a blanket on the Portuguese, I'm...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.