• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Anyone LIVE on the Camino (or recently complete) with update

coldweather

I completed the Camino Frances in early June 2013. I would love some updates as I can't let the Camino "go". I have a longing to be on the Camino right now and the closest I can come it to try to "live" it through others current experience.

How's the weather? It looks like it has been nice and not too hot.

Does anyone know how many people started from SJPDP recently?

How's the "race for the beds" going?

How are your sprits? (Stick it out. You will not regret it.)

Updates are most appreciated.

Buen Camino!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Well, as I´m seeing out the hours in an internet cafe in Irun, waiting for the midnight bus to Ribadesella, here´s what it´s like to be on the cusp of returning.
I clocked a few pilgrims at the bus stop at Biarritz airport and chatted to a few as it started to rain. Some going via Bayonne to SJPdP. Me heading to the Norte via Biarritz station - where I chewed the fat in broken French with an young Andorran girl awaiting a lift to Santander to start Norte/primitivo. She´s a scout leader back home, so relishing long stages and hills. There´s an outside chance we may arrive in Santiago at the same time - to me, that would be unsurprising camino if it happened.
I met a Quebecoise on the train and was happy to walk her over the old bridge from Hendaye into Spain and on up to the Albergue. She´s about to start her second camino having completed CF two years ago. She was dog tired from her journey and had fingers crossed that there´d be space in the albergue. Well the main part was full but they have an overflow downstairs so she was very happy with that. A shame that the hospitalero wasn´t the same as the one from March. The former´s gentle gravitas (and white beard) seemed the perfect introduction to a momentous journey. But I was duly fussed over in the nicest possible way by the current hospitalera as I obviously failed to grasp her Spanish directions to the bus station (duly found, of course, without any trouble at all).

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

Most read last week in this forum

To me the most Dangerous stage on the Camino Frances was from Foncebadon to Ponferrada in the rain. Never forget the riverbed rocks from El Acebo to Ponferrada totally treacherous, seen several...
...I am on day eight of walking the Francés at the moment. It is quite busy. A lot of talk about beds (and the need to book ahead). I don't book. Today I tried really hard not to get a bed. I...
I started from Pamplona this morning for a quick week walking before starting service as a hospitalera next week back in Pamplona. The trail up to Alto de Perdón has only a few big puddles left...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
Ultreia, y'all! I am excited to start my first camino soon and have a question about the first time I use my Pilgrim's Passport. I have one already (purchased from Ivar) but was still planning to...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back