• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Anyone planning to walk Camino Frances April 2013.

Hedley49

Time of past OR future Camino
SJPdP - Santiago Apr-May "2013" Completed.
SJPdP - Santiago - Finisterre Apr-May "2014" Completed.
Via De La Plata Apr-May 2015 planning at present.
I am a West Australian from Perth planning to leave SJPDP 2nd week of April. Anyone else going to be doing similar. Also I will be flying in to Pamplona from Oz via Barcelona arriving Pamplona 10pm ish. Any recommendation on where to stay in Pamplona?

Buen Camino.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hedley,

Melb to SJDP via Paris leaving 10 April.

Overnight in SJDP 15 April, booked into Orisson for 16 April.

Perhaps we will have the opportunity to share a bottle of Vino Tinto!

Rob

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Reasonable and comfortable:

Hostal Bearan Pamplona
Plaza San Nicolás, 25
31001 Pamplona, Navarra, Navarra, Spain
948 22 34 28
hostalbearan.es

Melbrob said:
Hedley,

Melb to SJDP via Paris leaving 10 April.

Overnight in SJDP 15 April, booked into Orisson for 16 April.

Perhaps we will have the opportunity to share a bottle of Vino Tinto!

Rob
Sounds good to me Rob, hopefully we will meet up. At the moment it looks like I will overnight Pamplona 15th, Taxi SJPdP 16th register and set off up the hill. So a strong possibility I could end up in Orisson 16th as well.

Hedley

falcon269 said:
Reasonable and comfortable:

Hostal Bearan Pamplona
Plaza San Nicolás, 25
31001 Pamplona, Navarra, Navarra, Spain
948 22 34 28
hostalbearan.es

Thank you for this. Well it looks like it is starting to fall into place.

Hedley

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
My husband and I will be in Sarria on the 5th of May...because of time we will be starting there...maybe with luck our paths will cross. Buen Camino

I will be in St Jean Pied de Port later this month...and will continue the journey on the 25th or 26th (of this month!). Anyone seeing someone probably singing to herself, that is me :)

I will be starting the 22nd from SJPP. I walk slowly so you might pass me. Red coat, looking scruffy and now bearded.

I would suggest that Pamplona to SJPP could cost you over 100€, so look at the threads about taxis share Pamplona to SJPP and also check if the bus to Roncesvalles suits. There are usually taxis waiting at the monastery for those who want to go to SJPP and they are much cheaper.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I am confused. As I understand it, the last bus leaving Pamplona for Roncesvalles leaves at 6:00 PM. May not make that unfortunately.

Even if i did, I have seen posts stating that taxis DO NOT hang around Roncesvalles this time of year as their is not enough business.

I will arrive in Madrid around 10:00 AM on the 15th. Linda and I shall attempt to get on the bus leaving quickly for Pamplona but must go through customs and I must get my hikink poles from baggage claim.

So, I'm guessing that a taxi to SJPdP may be what we do and we are always looking for others that want to share taxi.

Hi Jim/Karin
I believe it the route from Pamplona to St Jean does go thru Roncesvallez.
I am arriving from Australia via Madrid to Pamplona and my flight arrives at 8.55 pm on the 15th April. I am planning on staying in the Hostal Bearan, Calle San Nicolas 25, Pamplona then departing in the morning for St Jean. How would that fit in with you and if so how or where would we meet up?
I have no idea of the cost of a taxi but the people at "Follow the Camino" have offered to run me there for €150.00 for up to 4 people.

Cheers

Hedley

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.