• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Anyone planning to walk the Camino in May 2019

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi and welcome to the Forum. :)

There is a Forum calendar which lists departure dates and locations of departure. It is a menu selection listed at the top of the page. You can also add your name to the calendar.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Remember that May 1 is Labor Day in France and Spain. Many shops and restaurants (and tourist offices!) will be closed. No problem with hotels and albergues, I suppose.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Remember that May 1 is Labor Day in France and Spain. Many shops and restaurants (and tourist offices!) will be closed. No problem with hotels and albergues, I suppose.
Oh, thanks for the information, I haven't thought about this :O

I will be arriving in St Jean May 5, will spend 2 nights there and then onto Orisson on the 7th.

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
So it's few of us already haha great, hope to see you around guys!
I will be in town on the 1st already, and 2nd of May will be my birthday so I guess that's the perfect day to start this journey ... :)
Wow starting your walk on your Birthday , a very special day for you to remember for the rest of your life , by the time you get to Santiago you may well feel that you have been Re- born.:D

Hi from Oregon flying into Madrid on May 13th then straight to Pomplona, Begin our hike May 14 to Burgos. One night chillin in Estella or Logrono.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi Nononemeth,
I'm still figuring out my start date but I'm hoping to start in late April and will likely still be on the trail in May. I'll either be the slow guy just taking in the sights and enjoying the experience or if my competitive nature kicks in, the guy in massive pain trying to keep pace with some of the faster walkers. I'm not sure how much you've researched but I've read it can still be muddy out there in May so waterproof shoes is recommended so you're not walking around in wet shoes all day.

btw...how do you pronounce your username? I totally read it as 'no more meth' at first glance and was thinking to myself 'good for her'. lol

Will be starting in May where I left off last year at Burgos. I walked St. Jean to Burgos in May 2018 and it was wonderful. Good weather, not overly crowded, green trees and flowers in bloom. Great time for you to go. Enjoy!
we are doing Pamplona to Burgos this May 12th

Hi Nononemeth,
I'm still figuring out my start date but I'm hoping to start in late April and will likely still be on the trail in May. I'll either be the slow guy just taking in the sights and enjoying the experience or if my competitive nature kicks in, the guy in massive pain trying to keep pace with some of the faster walkers. I'm not sure how much you've researched but I've read it can still be muddy out there in May so waterproof shoes is recommended so you're not walking around in wet shoes all day.

btw...how do you pronounce your username? I totally read it as 'no more meth' at first glance and was thinking to myself 'good for her'. lol

ahahaahaha oookay, this just made my day. No, I'm not on meth never was never will. I'm Hungarian, and Nono is the short for Noemi, which is my first name, and my last name is Nemeth. Not as exciting anymore, right? :D

I will definitely be the slow one, wandering around and exploring everything off trail and get lost million times. I need the stories for my travelblog hahah

And thanks for the tip about the shoes, I'm about to buy them shortly, I need some test runs in it before the official start....

Wow starting your walk on your Birthday , a very special day for you to remember for the rest of your life , by the time you get to Santiago you may well feel that you have been Re- born.:D

Yea that's why I tried to organize everything around this date. I thought starting the camino on my birthday would be kind of special. And definitely something to remember for the rest of my life....

Arriving in Sarria 3 May to start our Camino, just the last 100km as a taster. My Birthday treat for my husband who will be 75.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
ahahaahaha oookay, this just made my day. No, I'm not on meth never was never will. I'm Hungarian, and Nono is the short for Noemi, which is my first name, and my last name is Nemeth. Not as exciting anymore, right? :D

I will definitely be the slow one, wandering around and exploring everything off trail and get lost million times. I need the stories for my travelblog hahah

And thanks for the tip about the shoes, I'm about to buy them shortly, I need some test runs in it before the official start....

Nice to meet you nono. I'm bobby. That makes a lot more sense for your username. Test runs for your shoes are definitely a good idea...but it looks like ull be a rubber tramp and not a leather tramp? (A reference from 'into the wild'... one of my all time favorite movies...) . If I don't see you on the trail, I'll keep an eye out for you in Finisterre.

Yea that's why I tried to organize everything around this date. I thought starting the camino on my birthday would be kind of special. And definitely something to remember for the rest of my life....

Great way to mark a major milestone...

(if you can't tell, i found ur travel blog. :) )

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Flying from Germany to Biarritz on June 28th, on the Camino from June 29. to August 02nd / 03rd / 04th.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Will be starting in May where I left off last year at Burgos. I walked St. Jean to Burgos in May 2018 and it was wonderful. Good weather, not overly crowded, green trees and flowers in bloom. Great time for you to go. Enjoy!
Same here. Starting with a detour to the monastery at Silos.

I'm starting April 21st from St Jean. Slow and steady with no time limit so i'll probably see you pass me :)

€46,-
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
May 7th arrival and beginning my walk in Irun. Looking forward to meeting fellow pilgrims along the way but I will also enjoy the solo time. I love physical exertion so chose my route accordingly...del Norte route then the Primitive route beginning at Villaviciosa.

Last edited:
So it's few of us already haha great, hope to see you around guys!
I will be in town on the 1st already, and 2nd of May will be my birthday so I guess that's the perfect day to start this journey ... :)
My birthday is also 2nd of May! I will be about a week behind you on the Camino. :)

Starting on 2nd of May from Saint Jean Pied de Port
Hi Nono,

I arrive in SJPD on 1st May and also start walking on the 2nd to Orisson, hope to see you along the way

Samantha

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I hope to find out tomorrow if my leave request from work will be granted. If so, I will begin May 14th from SJPDP. If it isn't granted, I will just be over here in the corner, curled up in the fetal position, weeping.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
My son and I will arrive in SJPP early on May 10th, plan to start walking the next day.
I just booked a flight to Paris, and after a couple of days there plan to start on May 10th from SJPdP.

I've decided to spend an extra day in Paris, so I'm starting from St Jean on May 11th, perhaps I'll see you on the trail. I'll be spending the first night at Orisson.

I've decided to spend an extra day in Paris, so I'm starting from St Jean on May 11th, perhaps I'll see you on the trail. I'll be spending the first night at Orisson.
I’m starting on May 11th from SJPP as well. Trying to book Orisson for that night but still no response. How long ago did you book at Orisson? If I have to go from SJPP to Roncesvalles on the first day...might spend an extra night in SJPP to rest and get over jet lag from the flight from SFO.

I’m starting on May 11th from SJPP as well. Trying to book Orisson for that night but still no response. How long ago did you book at Orisson? If I have to go from SJPP to Roncesvalles on the first day...might spend an extra night in SJPP to rest and get over jet lag from the flight from SFO.
It took a couple of weeks - longer than the previous two times that I booked with them. The response with PayPal invoice comes from a different email address - Sarl Apathia. And I was reading a post on a Camino Facebook group in which the person couldn't find the email, but there was an invoice from Orisson in their PayPal account.

Starting from SJPP on 28 April, with my husband. Can't wait!
I am planning to start from SJPP on April 29 but am trying to figure out the best way to get to SJPP from London! How is everyone else getting there?
I am thinking of flying to Biarritz on 28th but struggling to find a train on that day to get to SJPP any help would be great!!

I am planning to start from SJPP on April 29 but am trying to figure out the best way to get to SJPP from London! How is everyone else getting there?
I am thinking of flying to Biarritz on 28th but struggling to find a train on that day to get to SJPP any help would be great!!
We're flying from Manchester to Paris, bus from CDG airport to Montparnasse railway station, then train to Bayonne. Staying overnight in Bayonne, then train to SJPP the next day. Overnight at SJPP then start walking the following day. Could you get a bus from Biarritz to Bayonne, then a train from there? Maybe someone on this forum would know.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hello,
I am taking the train on 29th April from London-Paris-Bordeaux-Bayonne-SJPD with a two day mini break in Bordeaux en-route. There is a train from Biarritz-SJPD on the 28th at 13.52, you can book via trainline.com 👍

Would love to learn from your experience of doing the Francés in May. My husband and I will be walking May 12th.
Do you mind sharing your packing list? Would love to know the things you learned about packing from your 1st Camino.

Would love to learn from your experience of doing the Francés in May. My husband and I will be walking May 12th.
Do you mind sharing your packing list? Would love to know the things you learned about packing from your 1st Camino.
Hello. I started from St Jean last year I believe on May 19th so just a tad after you will be starting. Honestly, with a fair amount of internet research and a few youtube videos I felt I packed just right. Definitely didn't over pack and threw nothing away but felt I didn't really miss or need anything either. The only thing I gave away was my Brierly guide book now that I think about it. Wasn't using it much and the WiseApp app on my phone was more than enough. The yellow arrows to some extent is all you really need to be perfectly honest.
In a nutshell here is all I packed:
  • 1 breathable, quickdry hiking shirt with lots of pockets and 1 long sleeve comfortable quickdry tshirt.
  • 3 lightweight/quickdry short sleeve tshirts.
  • 2 convertible pants/shorts (probably could have got by with one but if you are doing the whole thing maybe 2 would be good)
  • 2 pairs of shorts
  • 3 Exoficio underwear
  • 3 pairs of two layer socks
  • Marmot Precip raincoat (probably wore around 5 or 6 times including the night a couple times walking around towns so not much for 12 days of walking).
  • pair of Keen sandals
  • very thin and lightweight sleep liner and never once wished I had brought a sleeping bag or something heavier

So that was it really for the core items and I used a 40L bag and was probably 3/4 full most of the time. Of course depending on food, water, and the occasional odd item that might enter the bag.
Just brought my cell phone, limited toiletries and medicine, a baseball hat, sunglasses and items like that you can definitely pick up along the way (especially early on at Pamplona or maybe Estella).
I am honestly bringing almost the exact same stuff again year. Oh, except for one thing...I bought a small wallet with a zipper this year to carry all the coins you will end up with. I just used my normal wallet so always had coins falling out of it or they would jingle around in my pockets. I feel lucky and blessed that was my biggest 'annoyance' if you can even call it that. Hope that helps and I try not to ever offer too much advice or give strong opinions in any way to influence anyone as I feel part of it is learning and experiencing things with no preconceived notions and adjusting on the fly as well.

So the only thing I will leave you with and I'm sure you are aware of and have heard numerous times is TAKE CARE OF THOSE FEET! It was unfortunate seeing some people having troubles and even having to stop from their feet basically becoming cheese graters after a few days. Enjoy the planning too as it is all part of the fun and experience as well and hope you have a wonderful Camino!.

Hi and welcome , I am starting on the 1st of May with 2 friends, for my 2nd Camino , Look forward to seeing you along the way .
I'm starting May 1 from St. Jean. Can't wait to start and meet you all.
Hi guys! I'll also be starting on 1st of May from St Jean. So I will see you around!
I will land at Biarritz the 30th April at 15.25 and also wonder if anyone is heading up to St Jean at the same time who would like to share a taxi?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
My friend and I are arriving Sarria on 4th May, start walking 5th May, hope to see some of you along the way, Buen Camino all!

Arriving in Sarria with my longest-serving friend on 17 May. Flying into Madrid and then taking a puddle jumper to SdC airport, then a taxi on the Sarria. Maybe we’ll run into some folks leaving from SJPdP mid April!

We are arriving from Paris and taking the 14:52 train from Bayonne, you can get there from Biarritz on a 13:52 TGV (possibly earlier trains as well, check www.sncf.com for the options). There is another train from Bayonne to SJPdP later at 21:10 according to the website.

I'm flying to San Sebastian, spend one day and night there, and on May 4th I'll take a couple of short distance trains to get to SJPDP, where I'll stay over for the night, and I'll be ready to start on the 5th.

Arriving in Sarria 3 May to start our Camino, just the last 100km as a taster. My Birthday treat for my husband who will be 75.
Happy Birthday :)
... if not now, hopefully see you around during a next Camino in the future

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I'm starting April 21st from St Jean. Slow and steady with no time limit so i'll probably see you pass me :)
I kind of have a time limit, but I don't wanna rush too much I wanna explore the area a bit not just follow the path. and enjoy the food as well. I have time till 10th of june haha

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I hope to find out tomorrow if my leave request from work will be granted. If so, I will begin May 14th from SJPDP. If it isn't granted, I will just be over here in the corner, curled up in the fetal position, weeping.
Any news? I hope you got it 🤞:)

I'm flying from Manchester to Paris, spend few days there, and then I will use the train. From Paris to Bayonne and from Bayonne to Saint Jean Pied de Port

:)

We're flying from Manchester to Paris, bus from CDG airport to Montparnasse railway station, then train to Bayonne. Staying overnight in Bayonne, then train to SJPP the next day. Overnight at SJPP then start walking the following day. Could you get a bus from Biarritz to Bayonne, then a train from there? Maybe someone on this forum would know.
I'm going from Manchester as well
what a small world :)
which day are you gonna arrive?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Dear Nono - My friend Craig and I will be starting from the same place on the same day as you. Look for the two handsome men in their 60s. You can't miss us :)

will look for you guys, haha
So it's already like 3 or 4 of us starting from the same place on the same day ... Hopefully, we will spot each other :)

Hello. I started from St Jean last year I believe on May 19th so just a tad after you will be starting. Honestly, with a fair amount of internet research and a few youtube videos I felt I packed just right. Definitely didn't over pack and threw nothing away but felt I didn't really miss or need anything either. The only thing I gave away was my Brierly guide book now that I think about it. Wasn't using it much and the WiseApp app on my phone was more than enough. The yellow arrows to some extent is all you really need to be perfectly honest.
In a nutshell here is all I packed:
  • 1 breathable, quickdry hiking shirt with lots of pockets and 1 long sleeve comfortable quickdry tshirt.
  • 3 lightweight/quickdry short sleeve tshirts.
  • 2 convertible pants/shorts (probably could have got by with one but if you are doing the whole thing maybe 2 would be good)
  • 2 pairs of shorts
  • 3 Exoficio underwear
  • 3 pairs of two layer socks
  • Marmot Precip raincoat (probably wore around 5 or 6 times including the night a couple times walking around towns so not much for 12 days of walking).
  • pair of Keen sandals
  • very thin and lightweight sleep liner and never once wished I had brought a sleeping bag or something heavier
So that was it really for the core items and I used a 40L bag and was probably 3/4 full most of the time. Of course depending on food, water, and the occasional odd item that might enter the bag.
Just brought my cell phone, limited toiletries and medicine, a baseball hat, sunglasses and items like that you can definitely pick up along the way (especially early on at Pamplona or maybe Estella).
I am honestly bringing almost the exact same stuff again year. Oh, except for one thing...I bought a small wallet with a zipper this year to carry all the coins you will end up with. I just used my normal wallet so always had coins falling out of it or they would jingle around in my pockets. I feel lucky and blessed that was my biggest 'annoyance' if you can even call it that. Hope that helps and I try not to ever offer too much advice or give strong opinions in any way to influence anyone as I feel part of it is learning and experiencing things with no preconceived notions and adjusting on the fly as well.

So the only thing I will leave you with and I'm sure you are aware of and have heard numerous times is TAKE CARE OF THOSE FEET! It was unfortunate seeing some people having troubles and even having to stop from their feet basically becoming cheese graters after a few days. Enjoy the planning too as it is all part of the fun and experience as well and hope you have a wonderful Camino!.

super useful, thank you for sharing! This will be my first Camino ever, and well basically my first massive hiking experience too... Gotta start somewhere haha Camino is perfect for that.
I was kind of struggling to figure out what is really essential, how many pair of this and that... How often I will have a chance to wash my clothes... And for example... should I bring a sleeping bag or not...

Join the Camino Cleanup in May from Ponferrada to Sarria. Registration closes Mar 22.
Wow, so many of you replied thank you for that :)
Hopefully, we will see each other at some point through the Camino... Would be nice. I can't wait. I'm so excited but freaking out at the same time :D This will be my first Camino, my first massive hiking experience and also my first solo trip ever. I kind of jumped into the deep water I guess haha
I'm gonna start alone, and hopefully, in few days I will have my own little Camino Family - .... or Camino Squad :D:cool:

Buen Camino All, and thank you for all the replies again, keep in touch!

super useful, thank you for sharing! This will be my first Camino ever, and well basically my first massive hiking experience too... Gotta start somewhere haha Camino is perfect for that.
I was kind of struggling to figure out what is really essential, how many pair of this and that... How often I will have a chance to wash my clothes... And for example... should I bring a sleeping bag or not...
Hi! I will! Starting on May 21st from SJPP! See you there!!
I'm glad I'm not the only one with this 'let's start the Camino on my birthday' idea... I think it's already like 3 of us :)
Happy birthday, hope to see you around

Hi guys!! I’ll start on May 21st, from SJPP! Bon Camino! I’m a Fibromyalgia warrior and I’ll do all the way until Finisterre! Hehehe
God bless you all 🌺❤️

I kind of have a time limit, but I don't wanna rush too much I wanna explore the area a bit not just follow the path. and enjoy the food as well. I have time till 10th of june haha
It is secretly all about the food

Wow, so many of you replied thank you for that :)
Hopefully, we will see each other at some point through the Camino... Would be nice. I can't wait. I'm so excited but freaking out at the same time :D This will be my first Camino, my first massive hiking experience and also my first solo trip ever. I kind of jumped into the deep water I guess haha
I'm gonna start alone, and hopefully, in few days I will have my own little Camino Family - .... or Camino Squad :D:cool:

Buen Camino All, and thank you for all the replies again, keep in touch!
Ok, for what is worth it, I can tell you that traveling solo is the best thing you can do! Not only can you learn a lot by being with yourself, but to me, it's the real way to travel. It gives me a wonderful sense of freedom. When you are solo, you don't have to deal with anybody. You do what you feel and whatever you want. No discussions whatsoever, nothing. You are FREE. However, I like to socialize too, and one of the many advantages of traveling alone is you can meet people, and when you do, you'll feel like they have been your friends for years. Traveling solo is fantastic. You have your private moments whenever you wish so, but you can easily socialize in the evenings. Now, for instance, I plan to walk my Camino completely alone from one stage to another. (Except for perhaps half an hour here and there if I run into someone I previously met and I like.) But after a refreshing shower, and after washing my clothes, I'll be ready for a cold beer - well, probably more than one - or a bottle of wine, and keen to socialize and meet new fellow pilgrims for a few hours. Next day rinse and repeat. That's my plan. I love to be with myself, surrounded by the sound of Nature, hearing my own steps on a gravel road. It's just wonderful and so peaceful. But once I get to my destination and I'm all set, I'll be totally social. (For a few hours.) :)
So, who knows... I'll be a couple of days behind ya, but maybe we'll run into each other.
Buen Camino!

Hello fellow pilgrims. My name is Ghanem and I am starting from SJPDP on May 5th. Buen Camino to you all. God bless you all. 🌺:)

Walking just a short portion from St. Jean PP to Los Arcos the second week of May. Can anyone recommend a site for weather forecast? I know the weather can be unpredictable, especially so far in advance, but I'd like to get an idea of what layers to pack and want to pack as lightly as possible.

I am starting from StJPdP on May 1st or 2nd. Since I will already be near Bordeaux a few days earlier, I am flexible. Will pick the start date depending on the weather forecast for the first two days and the availability of a bed in Orisson :)

I don’t want to cross the Pyrenees in the rain. Last time I got caught in a sudden, heavy rainstorm at the top - border France/Spain - and got water in my boots ... and lost two toenails as a result. No fun when you still have about 36 days of walking till Finisterre.

Hi and welcome to the Forum. :)

There is a Forum calendar which lists departure dates and locations of departure. It is a menu selection listed at the top of the page. You can also add your name to the calendar.
I could not find the forum calendar you referred to

I will be leaving San Sebastián May 27th to walk The Norte, anyone doing The Norte then?
Does anyone have suggestions regarding the 9 hour time difference between California and Spain? I’ve noticed that when I wake up at 7:00 am CA time it is 4:00 pm in Spain 😳. How quickly can our body clocks change and is there anything that helps with that transition?

I will be leaving San Sebastián May 27th to walk The Norte, anyone doing The Norte then?
Does anyone have suggestions regarding the 9 hour time difference between California and Spain? I’ve noticed that when I wake up at 7:00 am CA time it is 4:00 pm in Spain 😳. How quickly can our body clocks change and is there anything that helps with that transition?

I like to spend a couple of days in Spain, or this year I'll be in Paris for three nights before I get started on the Camino.

The day is here guys. I arrived to Paris few days ago. To relax a bit... Tomorrow at 9:50 in the morning my train will leave to Saint Jean Pied de Port
I'm super excited, and freaking out at the same time :oops::D So it's all real now. Sometimes I think i haven't really realized just yet what I'm about to do actually... :D

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
The day is here guys. I arrived to Paris few days ago. To relax a bit... Tomorrow at 9:50 in the morning my train will leave to Saint Jean Pied de Port
I'm super excited, and freaking out at the same time :oops::D So it's all real now. Sometimes I think i haven't really realized just yet what I'm about to do actually... :D
Buen Camino!

Hey there Guys,

So the Camino ended quite a while ago. 'm coming back to reality slowly. It was an amazing, life-changing experience in so many ways. Although it had its ups and downs for sure. with injuries, blisters, open wounds, achilles tendon, the need of new shoes, and backpack in the middle of nowhere, rainstorm, no free Albergue, and everything that could've happened it literally happened.

I decided to write a blog about my Camino stories and I will share all the info that is possible,

Please take a look if you are interested or still in the planning mode of your Camino... Or if you walked it already but wanna have few nostalgic minutes

https://theworldthroughmyglasses.org/

would love some feedback if you guys have a chance

Buen Camino :)

Noemi

Noemi,

Hello it's Sam from day one :) xxx

Love your blog, I just read the first page and will finish it later. I have often thought about the people I met on the first day so it was lovely to see your post today. I arrived in Santiago on the 8th May, Finisterre on the 15th.

Well done and Buen Camino xxx

Noemi,

Hello it's Sam from day one :) xxx

Love your blog, I just read the first page and will finish it later. I have often thought about the people I met on the first day so it was lovely to see your post today. I arrived in Santiago on the 8th May, Finisterre on the 15th.

Well done and Buen Camino xxx

Oops 8th June :)

Most read last week in this forum

Hi Caminantes, My wife and I are leaving for Madrid from Brisbane - AU on May 4th to walk the Frances. We are flying with Qatar. I am a bit worried that if I check in my backpacks, they have a...
Hi all, Im walking my first Camino in April (CF) and was wondering if it would be likely for me to encounter leeches? I know for most people leeches are not a big deal but they are in plague...
In past years, when we walked from Samos to Sarria, there was simply a yellow arrow that went off to the right of the highway, up a hill, past a pig farm then a sharp left turn at a small church...
Are you also interested to know the reasons why other fellow pilgrims choose to walk El Camino? Please participate in the poll!
Several local websites have reported a small earthquake this afternoon with an epicentre in the Sarria area. Apparently felt quite strongly locally but with little likelihood of property damage...
Hello!! I am a retired Spanish gentleman living in Madrid. My name is Jose and I would like to do the Camino de Santiago again!!! But this time I would like to walk and improve my English Level...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back