• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Anyone presently on CF but not yet to Triacastela?

Zordmot

3rd CF in May 2022
Time of past OR future Camino
April-May 2022
I'm asking a favor if someone on the Camino Frances is willing. It's a bit of a shot in the dark but my experience on the Camino is to ask and usually an angel appears.

I lost my iPhone on the Camino somewhere between O Cebreiro and Triacastela last week. I checked the spot where I think I might have left it but have since wondered if I left it in another place.

That other place is at the halfway point of the day at a cafe in Alto do Poio. That cafe is distinctive in that it is at the top of a steep hill. You can see the umbrellas of the cafe while you are ascending the hill. My IPhone is in a gray case, it's white on the front and silver on the back. It is an iphone 6.

If you could ask the owner if he found it, that would be great. If you could pick it up for me I would be soooooo grateful. If the answer from him is no, that would be appreciated as well.

A shot in the dark. Many thanks! Tom

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
That other place is at the halfway point of the day at a cafe in Alto do Poio. That cafe is distinctive in that it is at the top of a steep hill. You can see the umbrellas of the cafe while you are ascending the hill. My IPhone is in a gray case, it's white on the front and silver on the back. It is an iphone 6.

If you could ask the owner if he found it, that would be great. If you could pick it up for me I would be soooooo grateful. If the answer from him is no, that would be appreciated as well.

As I recall there are 2 cafes, one on each side of the road. The larger / popular one being on the side where you ascend the hill, the smaller one on the opposite side........

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Bar Puerto o Poio/Albergue del Puerto is that first bar at the top of the fun climb after Padornelo. Have you attempted to use Find my iPhone? Telephone for the bar on the net: 982 367 172 (Gronze). Both times I've been there there were both amazingly friendly dogs or defensive but thankfully not overtly aggressive dogs: available only massive sizing. Both times I've stopped I was welcomed by two delightful sandwiches, interesting conversation and my favorite camino beverage, tonic and red vermouth!

Attachments

• 1571432275117.png
    1571432275117.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 14
I can definitely recommend the "find my phone" feature. I left my phone on a stone table by the side of the road on the Camino Portugues about a year ago between Barcelos and Casa da Fernanda. I went back after about 15 minutes as soon as I noticed it was gone, sure that it would still be there, but it wasn't. The hospitalero drove me back and we both looked for it. We knocked on nearby doors and asked if anyone had turned it in, all to no avail. We tried calling it but no answer. Eventually, a few hours later, I remembered the "find my phone" service and borrowed someone else's phone to use it. We had the exact location and the hospitalero was able to retrieve it for me. It turned out that a local farmer had seen it lying on the table and picked it up.

I can definitely recommend the "find my phone" feature. I left my phone on a stone table by the side of the road on the Camino Portugues about a year ago between Barcelos and Casa da Fernanda. I went back after about 15 minutes as soon as I noticed it was gone, sure that it would still be there, but it wasn't. The hospitalero drove me back and we both looked for it. We knocked on nearby doors and asked if anyone had turned it in, all to no avail. We tried calling it but no answer. Eventually, a few hours later, I remembered the "find my phone" service and borrowed someone else's phone to use it. We had the exact location and the hospitalero was able to retrieve it for me. It turned out that a local farmer had seen it lying on the table and picked it up.
I'm asking a favor if someone on the Camino Frances is willing. It's a bit of a shot in the dark but my experience on the Camino is to ask and usually an angel appears.

I lost my iPhone on the Camino somewhere between O Cebreiro and Triacastela last week. I checked the spot where I think I might have left it but have since wondered if I left it in another place.

Hi Tom. I saw your message. Last night A friend of mine was in the cafe on the right, after coming up the steep hill. She asked about the phone but was told that none had been found. This morning just before noon I went into the other cafe on the left and was told once again that no phone had been found. I'm sorry to have reported this couple of negatives.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi Tom. I saw your message. Last night A friend of mine was in the cafe on the right, after coming up the steep hill. She asked about the phone but was told that none had been found. This morning just before noon I went into the other cafe on the left and was told once again that no phone had been found. I'm sorry to have reported this couple of negatives.

Thank you, thank you very much!!!!!!!! I really appreciate that extra effort for me. That was the final possibility in my mind. I was 99% positive that i had the phone at a scenic point beyond that cafe when i took off my outer shirt. I returned there 5 min later and it was gone. But the idea of it being at the cafe was needling me so thanks for helping me put it to rest! I went phone shopping today. Life goes on! Thanks again and Buen Caminos to you!!!

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
HI all, I will be starting my walk on March 31, taking the Valcarlos Route, and am having trouble getting in touch with the albergue in Valcarlos (tried email and what's app - no luck!). Does...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back