• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Anyone spent a night at San Bol recently?

RENSHAW

Official Camino Vino taster
Time of past OR future Camino
2003 CF Ronces to Santiago
Hospi San Anton 2016.
This Albergue was soooo special , even after being revamped. The Owner had spen a lot of money on it and would come from Hontanas to cook a communal meal as there was nothing there but a spring and cool pool.
Anyone been there lately?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Walked by yesterday...both it and San Anton were closed up tight. One downside of walking before the crowds come. :(

April 2015 and it was lovely
Yes I remember that night well ezbeer. The huge (delicious) paella, the even larger round table, the excellent company from four continents sitting together and the underfloor heating that dried all our newly washed socks overnight.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Yes I remember that night well ezbeer. The huge (delicious) paella, the even larger round table, the excellent company from four continents sitting together and the underfloor heating that dried all our newly washed socks overnight.

Yes, love that heated floor.
And the fact that the electricity was only on for an hour so people could charge phones, then disappeared.
Magical.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
I don't believe they have brought electricity to San Bol? Ow My....

Sometimes I feel sorry for what the camino is becoming....

First time Ive been there there was no wifi whatsoever ( there was badly internet at all), people would ALWAYS sit down together and talk, even if they couldn't talk the same language... It was amazing...

Marking were not as modern as constant as they are now as well...

Last Camino Frances I walked (2013) was a bit of a Shock... EVERY place had wifi and people would arrive from their daily walk and plug in their mobiles and Tablets and of they went to "Live" their camino with their beloved ones in their homes...

I know many people might find my opinion harsh but I can tell you that before all that the camaradage and brotherhood of the camino seemed much more intense and real and true.

One of the good things of Places like San Bol, San Nicholas, etc is that they were the remaining really isolated Albergues...

Now I find out they even have electricity ( even for one hour).

It makes me feel sad...

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back