• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Anyone starting from Porto 30 June?

SGIrl

Time of past OR future Camino
Porto to Santiago June/July 2015
Hi, I am starting my Camino from Porto on 30 June and I am getting a bit concerned by the incidents recently reported both on the French and Portuguese Camino so I want to ask if anyone will be starting around the same time and walking a similar route?

I will be following the route kindly advised by other experienced pilgrims to Matosinhos - Vial do Conde - Rates - Barcelos - Casa Fernanda (hoping it's not full!) - Ponte de Lima - Rubiaes - Valenca do Minho - Tui - O Porrino - Redondela - Pontevedra - Caldas de Reis - Padron - Santiago.

Thank you and Buen Camino :)

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi, I am starting my Camino from Porto on 30 June and I am getting a bit concerned by the incidents recently reported both on the French and Portuguese Camino so I want to ask if anyone will be starting around the same time and walking a similar route?

I will be following the route kindly advised by other experienced pilgrims to Matosinhos - Vial do Conde - Rates - Barcelos - Casa Fernanda (hoping it's not full!) - Ponte de Lima - Rubiaes - Valenca do Minho - Tui - O Porrino - Redondela - Pontevedra - Caldas de Reis - Padron - Santiago.

Give Fernanda a call two days before to be sure to make your reservation.
+351 914 589 521. She speaks english.
Bom caminho

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I was on the Portugese Camino in June/July 2014, before Porto it was a very lonely Camino but after Porto I met several people walking. Don't worry, you won't be alone. Buen Camino

SGIrl,
I will be walking the same route about a week after you.
Good hiking.

Hi. I will walk the coastal starting from Porto on the sixth of July.
Enjoy your camino!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi. I will walk the coastal starting from Porto on the sixth of July.
Enjoy your camino!
I wish you lots of succes Susan. Everything ready ? Being prepared. We only have the pictures and the videos:p. Now it is your turn.

Laat nog even weten hoe het gegaan is als je het gehaald hebt.

Abraço:rolleyes:

I wish you lots of succes Susan. Everything ready ? Being prepared. We only have the pictures and the videos:p. Now it is your turn.

Laat nog even weten hoe het gegaan is als je het gehaald hebt.

Abraço:rolleyes:

Can you ever be ready for this :D? But have everything packed, carrying it with me as much as possible, routes and alternatives ready, and really really really looking forward to this.
I will blog every day when wifi is available, with a lot of pictures I hope :)

I

Can you ever be ready for this :D? But have everything packed, carrying it with me as much as possible, routes and alternatives ready, and really really really looking forward to this.
I will blog every day when wifi is available, with a lot of pictures I hope :)

I
Optimo Suzan ! You will blog on this forum or send us a link?

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Optimo Suzan ! You will blog on this forum or send us a link?
I might do that. Not sure, because iTS my first blog ever :oops:.
But I will sure keep you all updated.

One time
I might do that. Not sure, because iTS my first blog ever :oops:.
But I will sure keep you all updated.
it has to be the first time once :)
Looking forward to your updates.
Best regards from this side of the river Meuse !

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

I'm looking forward to your posts on this part of the camino portugal, I will be tracing your steps beginning in late August -but starting in Lisbon. Buen Camino!

Hi Sgirl, I'm also starting from Porto end of June. Currently in Lisbon but have decided to start from Porto and happy to walk with you for part of the way if that works for you? If there's anything you need to know about me beforehand, pls feel free to ask.

I was on the Portugese Camino in June/July 2014, before Porto it was a very lonely Camino but after Porto I met several people walking. Don't worry, you won't be alone. Buen Camino
Oh Please, could you elaborate on the Lisbon to Porto section of the Camino. I am traveling alone and love some more feedback about it. Buen Camino

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Can I make a couple of recommendations?

The monastery at Herbon is well worth the detour from Padron. You get taken on a tour of the complex and then there is mass before the communal dinner.
If you happen to need to stop in Arcade there is a brand new albergue open there. Best Ever. Excellently equipped kitchen with supermarket nearby so it can be a night you cook with others - we had two Koreans coook a special soup, two Germans do a vege dish, we Kiwis do spaghetti and salad and two AMericans provide bottles of wine form the Frances Camino which we "journeyed" along over the course of the evening!!!! I can't promise your experience will be the same, but the albergue is fantastic - right next to the hotel. 10euro.
Casa Estrada Romana is another not-to-be-missed opportunity. It's an ancient farmhouse recently restored by a passionate Canadian guy who you will never forget. He knows exactly what pilgrims want and has created an amazing space (not to mention a private room and another double bed set apart from the six-bed dorm). Wonderful meal is provided. Donativo.
I also second Casa Fernanda.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

Bom dia dear pilgrims, I plan on returning to Portugal this summer, after walking the Salvador + Primitivo. I have a few questions: - What is the easiest way to get from SdC to Coimbra? I assume...
My final question since I have asked sooo many. Grabbing a light lunch that I can get on the go, hoping to grab it, and find a square or a bench to enjoy it, then get back to walking. Not really...
We are flying into Lisbon, then taking a train to Tomar for a couple nights, which looks pretty easy. What is less clear is the best way from Tomar to Porto. Have you done this? What do you...
Arriving in Valença around noon and I need to get to my hostel in Tui. I would like to conserve my energy and time, so can I take a taxi from Valença Bus station to take me to my hostel in Tui...
Dear all, I have done Camino Frances, Norte and Primitivo and would like to ask about Portuges. I have some soul-searching to do and would love to walk a part of it, unfortunately only a part...
Hello everyone! My wife and I are doing our first Camino in Sept and I was very curious about the stretch from Tui to Pontevedra. We have been to Spain multiple times and love the small towns...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back