• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Anyone starting in May?

yaya40

Time of past OR future Camino
Plan to Walk May 2016
image.jpg Hi everyone!

I'm Lisa from Ireland and I've been hovering around the forum for months reading lots of useful tips, thank you!

I'm starting the Camino Frances on May 4th 2016. Only 6 weeks away now! The excitement and nerves are starting to kick in. I initially decided to do it as part of my personal journey following a divorce and turning 40 last year but after my Granny passes away in Jamuary this year after a long battle with Alzheimers, I have since decided to also raise funds for the Alzheimer's society. Being a bit of a Star Wars geek I've chosen to start my trek on Star Wars Day - 4th May (may the 4th be with you..... Hey it? Lol)

Anyone else planning on starting around this time? Looking so forward to this experience and netting some fantastic people. Buen Camino!

(That's me on the left)

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
View attachment 24649 Hi everyone!

I'm Lisa from Ireland and I've been hovering around the forum for months reading lots of useful tips, thank you!

I'm starting the Camino Frances on May 4th 2016. Only 6 weeks away now! The excitement and nerves are starting to kick in. I initially decided to do it as part of my personal journey following a divorce and turning 40 last year but after my Granny passes away in Jamuary this year after a long battle with Alzheimers, I have since decided to also raise funds for the Alzheimer's society. Being a bit of a Star Wars geek I've chosen to start my trek on Star Wars Day - 4th May (may the 4th be with you..... Hey it? Lol)

Anyone else planning on starting around this time? Looking so forward to this experience and netting some fantastic people. Buen Camino!

(That's me on the left)
Hi Lisa, have a look in the calendar at the top left. You will find there the pilgrims who put there name in.
There are also plenty of pilgrims along the way so you will be not alone.
Wish you a wonderful journey and a Buen Camino, Peter.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Good on you, Lisa. That photo was taken twenty or so years ago, I presume? :)

I'm Lisa from Ireland ......I'm starting the Camino Frances on May 4th 2016. .................Anyone else planning on starting around this time.
Buen Camino!)

Hi Lisa,
Really taken in by your reason for walking.
To answer your question "Anyone else planning on starting around this time"? I think regardless of where you start from on that date, although they may not all be forum members, you'll be surrounded by people at the star of each day.

Buen (sabre-lit) camino

Hi Lisa, have a look in the calendar at the top left. You will find there the pilgrims who put there name in.
Hi, Peter. Silly me but I an't see this calendar you have referred to. More instructions, please?

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
MillieMiler will arrive in SJPP on May 20, 2016 to begin my walk the next day. I have not posted anything on this forum, but I am an avid reader and follow the postings weekly. It has been so helpful in preparation for my Camino Frances. I will be looking for you on the trail!

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Hi, Peter. Silly me but I an't see this calendar you have referred to. More instructions, please?
Hi Peggy, when you log in to the forum you will see at the tops left side the word "Calendar " push it and put your name in.
Hope this help, wish you well, Peter.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.

(That's me on the left)

I'm leaving SJPP on May 2 and spending a night in Orisson so you'll probably catch up with me!

I'm not finding the calendar either, Peter. Any further clues?

A selection of Camino Jewellery

(That's me on the left)
Hi Lisa , I also am starting on May 4th. And I fly in from Dublin on the 3rd. I hope to get over the Napoleon route to roncesvalles. Maybe we'll cross paths. It's getting close. Stay safe. Buen Camino!

MillieMiler will arrive in SJPP on May 20, 2016 to begin my walk the next day. I have not posted anything on this forum, but I am an avid reader and follow the postings weekly. It has been so helpful in preparation for my Camino Frances. I will be looking for you on the trail!
Hi MillieMiles. My sister & I will be starting from SJPP 2 days after you. Perhaps we will meet (though we are leisurely walkers ☺️)

(That's me on the left)

Hi there,

I'm also starting in May but not until the 12th. I'm quite nervous and feeling rather unprepared it's a little daunting for me but I'm looking forward to challenging myself.

Maybe we will run into eachother somewhere, good luck!

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
I'm not finding the calendar either, Peter. Any further clues?
Hi, when you have logged in on the forum you will see at the left of your name the word Calendar push it and you have to look the date an fill in your name.
Hope you will be o.k.
Wish you well, Peter.

Hi there,

I'm also starting in May but not until the 12th. I'm quite nervous and feeling rather unprepared it's a little daunting for me but I'm looking forward to challenging myself.

Maybe we will run into eachother somewhere, good luck!
Hi, It's normal to be Nervous.
You will be fine, start slow and after a while u get used to walk day in day out.
Wish you well and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Hi, my husband and I arrive in SJPP on Sunday May 22nd, can't believe that we will finally start our Camino, very excited after reading dozens of books and this forum has been brilliant. Thank you to all pilgrims for sharing your experiences.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi Lisa
Start from SJJP on 29th April for 5 weeks might see you on route .

Post in DeadFred's thread above. The forum calendar wasn't real intuitive for me to use (I finally did post my start date there too, though). I see the forum calendar link in the middle/right of the light blue bar above the forum.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi, my husband and I arrive in SJPP on Sunday May 22nd, can't believe that we will finally start our Camino, very excited after reading dozens of books and this forum has been brilliant. Thank you to all pilgrims for sharing your experiences.
Hi Deb01,
My sister & I will be arriving 22nd & start our walk 23rd. We're your next door neighbors- Texas.
Hope to see you along the Way. Buen Camino

Hi Deb01,
My sister & I will be arriving 22nd & start our walk 23rd. We're your next door neighbors- Texas.
Hope to see you along the Way. Buen Camino
Hi TD Justus, We will be getting a train from Barcelona and booking a taxi from Pamplona to SJPP, how are you getting there.
We are from Brisbane in Australia (need to work out how to change my profile) a little way from Texas USA - Texans are always such fun, have met many lovely Texans over the years. Walking with your Sister will be a great experience. We shall keep a look out for you, Buen Camino

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
I was reading somewhere that some of us are doing night walks. As a natural born night owl I would love to do such walk too. Of course I can choose stage by myself (CF). But was wondering if any...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back