Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Anyone starting the Camino to Finisterre and Muxia on Sunday 16th June?

Indi

Time of past OR future Camino
June 2024
Hi there,

I’m going to start the Camino to Muxia and Finisterre on Saturday 16th June. I was supposed to do it with a friend but she had to cancel last minute because of family issues so it’ll be just me. I’m feeling a bit anxious about doing it by myself because, so I wonder if anyone else in this forum is starting on that same day so we can perhaps walk together?

Thanks!
Indi

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
Hi Indi, my daughter and I are just back from walking this route. Have no worries you will meet up with many people.

I suggest you stay in any one of the many Albergues in Negeria (some are bookable in advance). That should ensure lots of companions on the way. Negeria is generally used as the first "night" on this route, after Santiago.

Just in case you are not aware of Gronze, many of us here use it for planning.

You'll find help at albergues and those in charge will often help you book a bed for the next night.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
You can pick up certificates at Finistere and Muxia tourist offices.
Note: if you would like to get a Compostela certificate afterwards in Satiago you need to walk the route Muxia - Finistere- Santiago to qualify.
For this branch off where the routes split before Hospital.

The routes are beautiful, enjoy. Bon camino.

Hi there,

I’m going to start the Camino to Muxia and Finisterre on Saturday 16th June. I was supposed to do it with a friend but she had to cancel last minute because of family issues so it’ll be just me. I’m feeling a bit anxious about doing it by myself because, so I wonder if anyone else in this forum is starting on that same day so we can perhaps walk together?

Thanks!
Indi
Hi Indi, I've done this route 3 times solo, & returned each time.because it is my favourite route! As many will tell you ... you are 'never alone' on Camino ... only when you choose to be! It's a lovely section; you'll love it ... & meet so many interesting people. Buen Camino 👣

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back