Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.

Anyone stayed at Villa Harriet in SJPDP?

trecile

Camino Addict
Past OR future Camino
Francés (2016 & 2017), Norte (2018), Francés-Salvador-Norte (2019), Portuguese (2019)
I've made a reservation at Orisson, and in their confirmation email they suggest Villa Harriet in SJPDP. It is run by the niece of the owner of Orisson. Has anyone stayed there? What can you tell me about it? Now that Corazón Puro is not an option I'm looking for somewhere in St Jean.

Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets

jsalt

Jill
Past OR future Camino
Portugués, Francés, LePuy, Rota Vicentina, Norte, Madrid, C2C, Salvador, Primitivo, Aragonés, Inglés
Do you have an address? Whereabouts in St Jean is it?

trecile

Camino Addict
Past OR future Camino
Francés (2016 & 2017), Norte (2018), Francés-Salvador-Norte (2019), Portuguese (2019)
Do you have an address? Whereabouts in St Jean is it?
That's what I'd like to know. ;)
I was just given the name and an email address. I've sent an email, but haven't heard back from them yet.

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
I'am not perfect, but I'm always myself!!!
I've made a reservation at Orisson, and in their confirmation email they suggest Villa Harriet in SJPDP. It is run by the niece of the owner of Orisson. Has anyone stayed there? What can you tell me about it? Now that Corazón Puro is not an option I'm looking for somewhere in St Jean.
Maybe you mean this one:
http://www.gites-de-france-64.com/maison-harria/
https://www.google.si/maps/place/Ma...d0a36ba63be460a!8m2!3d43.1639386!4d-1.2242613

EDIT: I guess @mspath found the right one ;)

Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets

Suzanne Clark

Past OR future Camino
How did you go about reserving a bed in Orisson? I have sent them a request, but have not heard from them. I am walking the Camino for the first time starting on May 5.

kinnear

Past OR future Camino
2007 (September 2017)
Not answering your question but I'm not getting any response from Orisson. I sent two emails several months ago and another several days ago this time including the request in French. Any ideas?

trecile

Camino Addict
Past OR future Camino
Not answering your question but I'm not getting any response from Orisson. I sent two emails several months ago and another several days ago this time including the request in French. Any ideas?
What email address did you send it to?
This is the one I used:
refuge.orisson@wanadoo.fr
I heard back in just four days. I emailed them in English. I had the same experience last year too.

GreatDane

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
CF to Burgos Sept/Oct 2014, Burgos to Astorga April 2016, Astorga to SdC 2017
Now that Corazón Puro is not an option I'm looking for somewhere in St Jean.
have I missed something about Corazon Puro? Or is your timing not when they are open?

Camino Maps
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.

kinnear

Past OR future Camino
2007 (September 2017)
What email address did you send it to?
This is the one I used:
refuge.orisson@wanadoo.fr
I heard back in just four days. I emailed them in English. I had the same experience last year too.
I emailed twice previously once using their website booking process. Anyway, joy of joys I've just heard back this morning in French from the email last week. It sounds as if he will email an invoice for me to pay by PayPal. I will probably use Harriet's place in SJPDP but I need to work out timing since I arrive in Paris on 19th and stay in Orisson on 23rd. Need to figure where to spend other nights once I know times needed for transport. Paris maybe 19th and 20th.... 21st? 22nd SJPDP 23rd Orisson....then as the Camino provides

Past OR future Camino
Had a similar problem, did send 2 messages through their site Contact us, but no response...
Did the request in French & English last month with the..wanadoo.fr and got a response back in 3 days in English.
Was perhaps closed in December...;)

Oregon's Mark

Past OR future Camino
Hi,
Today I received an email response from Villa Harriet in SJPDP. I had asked specifically about the communal dinner. Her reply made no mention of the dinner. She quoted 90Euros and said the price included breakfast. Isn't that substantially more than normal fare?

trecile

Camino Addict
Past OR future Camino
I don't believe that Villa Harriet is a hostel/albergue like Orisson, so no communal dinner. I imagine the 90€ price is for a private room.

Kanga

Staff member
Past OR future Camino
Francés x 5, Le Puy x 2, Arles, Tours, Norte, Madrid, Via de la Plata, Portuguese, Primitivo
That would not be a gite - for 90 euros it must be a private room.

Camino Maps
2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.

Dorthe Gottfredsen

Past OR future Camino
Juli 2017
Thank You for informations ... i had the same Question as Trecile
Think that 90 euro is to Mutch... so i Will try to find some thing cheaper i SJDP

Jom

Past OR future Camino
I tryed to make a reservation in Orisson, their email suggested Villa Harriet too. I emailed to Villa Harriet, it's a B&B close to the center of SJPDP. It's new and they open in april 2017. The price was too high for me, 90 euro for one, 150 euro for two people.

MikeShaw

No past, no future, only the note you play today.
Past OR future Camino
This year (May 2017)
I've just booked in Orisson for May232017, and similarly at Villa Harriet in SJPP 22MAY2017 on the recommendation by Orissons. Yes, pricey, but my first stop and I don't don't want to worry about finding a place. The email to Orissons took about 4 days to get a reply, and Villa Harriet overnight. I feel a lot more comfortable now having made the booking in advance.
:)

MikeShaw

No past, no future, only the note you play today.
Past OR future Camino
This year (May 2017)
Hi,
Today I received an email response from Villa Harriet in SJPDP. I had asked specifically about the communal dinner. Her reply made no mention of the dinner. She quoted 90Euros and said the price included breakfast. Isn't that substantially more than normal fare?
I reserved at Villa Harriet too. It's a bed & breakfast. Would be nice to have the address, but I see it on the map. On foot anyway, I should be able to find it.
How did you go about reserving a bed in Orisson? I have sent them a request, but have not heard from them. I am walking the Camino for the first time starting on May 5.
Suzanne - they take a few days to answer. They seem very nice.

how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.
2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.

bunnymac

Past OR future Camino
CF 2012 SJPP-Logrono, 2013 Logrono-Burgos, 2014 Burgos-Leon
CF August/September 2016 SJPP- Santiago
Hi,
This seems really expensive. I've stay in Itzalpea in the centre of town at about €65 for a twin room. There are hostels available for far less than that again. I'd save my money and indulge later on in your journey. You should be able to do to Dinner B&B in SJPP for under €40 and it gets cheaper again once you cross the border into Spain.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads