• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Anyone stayed at Villa Harriet in SJPDP?

trecile

Staff member
Time of past OR future Camino
Francés, Norte, Salvador, Primitivo, Portuguese
I've made a reservation at Orisson, and in their confirmation email they suggest Villa Harriet in SJPDP. It is run by the niece of the owner of Orisson. Has anyone stayed there? What can you tell me about it? Now that Corazón Puro is not an option I'm looking for somewhere in St Jean.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Do you have an address? Whereabouts in St Jean is it?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I've made a reservation at Orisson, and in their confirmation email they suggest Villa Harriet in SJPDP. It is run by the niece of the owner of Orisson. Has anyone stayed there? What can you tell me about it? Now that Corazón Puro is not an option I'm looking for somewhere in St Jean.
Maybe you mean this one:
http://www.gites-de-france-64.com/maison-harria/
https://www.google.si/maps/place/Ma...d0a36ba63be460a!8m2!3d43.1639386!4d-1.2242613

EDIT: I guess @mspath found the right one ;)

How did you go about reserving a bed in Orisson? I have sent them a request, but have not heard from them. I am walking the Camino for the first time starting on May 5.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Not answering your question but I'm not getting any response from Orisson. I sent two emails several months ago and another several days ago this time including the request in French. Any ideas?

Not answering your question but I'm not getting any response from Orisson. I sent two emails several months ago and another several days ago this time including the request in French. Any ideas?
What email address did you send it to?
This is the one I used:
refuge.orisson@wanadoo.fr
I heard back in just four days. I emailed them in English. I had the same experience last year too.

Now that Corazón Puro is not an option I'm looking for somewhere in St Jean.
have I missed something about Corazon Puro? Or is your timing not when they are open?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
What email address did you send it to?
This is the one I used:
refuge.orisson@wanadoo.fr
I heard back in just four days. I emailed them in English. I had the same experience last year too.
I emailed twice previously once using their website booking process. Anyway, joy of joys I've just heard back this morning in French from the email last week. It sounds as if he will email an invoice for me to pay by PayPal. I will probably use Harriet's place in SJPDP but I need to work out timing since I arrive in Paris on 19th and stay in Orisson on 23rd. Need to figure where to spend other nights once I know times needed for transport. Paris maybe 19th and 20th.... 21st? 22nd SJPDP 23rd Orisson....then as the Camino provides

Had a similar problem, did send 2 messages through their site Contact us, but no response...
Did the request in French & English last month with the..wanadoo.fr and got a response back in 3 days in English.
Was perhaps closed in December...;)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi,
Today I received an email response from Villa Harriet in SJPDP. I had asked specifically about the communal dinner. Her reply made no mention of the dinner. She quoted 90Euros and said the price included breakfast. Isn't that substantially more than normal fare?

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
I don't believe that Villa Harriet is a hostel/albergue like Orisson, so no communal dinner. I imagine the 90€ price is for a private room.

That would not be a gite - for 90 euros it must be a private room.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Thank You for informations ... i had the same Question as Trecile
Think that 90 euro is to Mutch... so i Will try to find some thing cheaper i SJDP

I tryed to make a reservation in Orisson, their email suggested Villa Harriet too. I emailed to Villa Harriet, it's a B&B close to the center of SJPDP. It's new and they open in april 2017. The price was too high for me, 90 euro for one, 150 euro for two people.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I've just booked in Orisson for May232017, and similarly at Villa Harriet in SJPP 22MAY2017 on the recommendation by Orissons. Yes, pricey, but my first stop and I don't don't want to worry about finding a place. The email to Orissons took about 4 days to get a reply, and Villa Harriet overnight. I feel a lot more comfortable now having made the booking in advance.
:)

Hi,
Today I received an email response from Villa Harriet in SJPDP. I had asked specifically about the communal dinner. Her reply made no mention of the dinner. She quoted 90Euros and said the price included breakfast. Isn't that substantially more than normal fare?
I reserved at Villa Harriet too. It's a bed & breakfast. Would be nice to have the address, but I see it on the map. On foot anyway, I should be able to find it.
How did you go about reserving a bed in Orisson? I have sent them a request, but have not heard from them. I am walking the Camino for the first time starting on May 5.
Suzanne - they take a few days to answer. They seem very nice.

Hi,
This seems really expensive. I've stay in Itzalpea in the centre of town at about €65 for a twin room. There are hostels available for far less than that again. I'd save my money and indulge later on in your journey. You should be able to do to Dinner B&B in SJPP for under €40 and it gets cheaper again once you cross the border into Spain.

I booked my first night, especially for the communal dinner, in Beilari for 33€ (stay-dinner-breakfast).
There are some others...
Like said before, better to keep the extra money for later ;)
Buen Camino :)

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
HI all, I will be starting my walk on March 31, taking the Valcarlos Route, and am having trouble getting in touch with the albergue in Valcarlos (tried email and what's app - no luck!). Does...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back