• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Anyone walked the GR11 that circles Paris?

JAL

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 2014
Le Puy-St. Jean 2015
Via Francigena 2016
Norte/Primitivo 2016
Via de la Plata 2017
Looking for a walk in France to do this October. I have walked the lepuy to sjpdp already.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
In a survey the GR34 was voted the most beautiful or best hiking trail in France. But I don't know about the weather in October*. The weather might be much better in southwestern France where I have wanted to walk the Sentier de Cathare. Here are links to both.

*Brief weather-in-France story...I arrived in Europe for the first time in Italy in September 1967. At a youth hostel in Florence I met a young girl of Austrian descent who lived in Belgium. I told her I was going to try to hitchhike to Paris and she asked me if she could accompany me as far as Munich. An American engineer picked us up near Bolzano in a brand new red Porsche. Here she was ascending the Alps in a sports car with two nice Americans. It was a sunny, beautiful day. She was, I am pretty sure, thrilled about how this hitchhiking idea had turned out. Oh yes, the weather. At one point, as the Porsche climbed upwards, she said to me, "Thomas, look at the sun. You're not going to see it again for 6 months." I studied in Paris until the May '68 protests when my school shut down. The young woman's quip about the weather held much truth.

Last edited:
When I walked the Chemin du Puy I recall a French saying - English translation. 'If you can see the Pyrenees - it will rain. If you can't see the Pyrenees - it's raining.' It sounds much better in French but you get the idea!

Thankfully while walking the Le Puy and later living in south west France, I found the weather to be just fine. And the rain when it came was really just a shower compared to the downpours I'm used to back / down here on the east coast of Australia.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.