Search 62305 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Anyone walked the Valcarlos this summer?

Threshold

Time of past OR future Camino
2019, Frances 1 Week, 2022 Frances
We’re heading out of St Jean August 22 or 23 2022. To Santiago. Did the Napoleon 2019 and want to try the Valcarlos.
Thanks

2022 Camino Guides
The 2022 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store

Threshold

Thanks Richard. How was it? Two days or one? How were the road stretches?

Pocket guide that pack a punch
1.4 oz (40g) pocket guides with gems of wisdom to ponder during and after your Camino
Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.

Richardw2

July 2018
Thanks Richard. How was it? Two days or one? How were the road stretches?
We did it in two days from SJPP. Walking along the road for a couple of stretches was treacherous. I mean treacherous. In my humble opinion and where I to do it again I would take a day glow bandanna or something. Some bright non-natural color to attach to my walking stick and pack to wave at oncoming cars. There is no median or shoulder. You are walking on the white line between the road and the guard rail. Take it easy.
When going through the shopping area, DO NOT CROSS THE BRIDGE. For us the marker “seemed hidden”. Go up the hill toward the gas station.

markmcilroy

Camino Frances August/Sept 2016
Camino Frances Sept/October 2017
Le Puy to Conques May 2018
We did it in two days from SJPP. Walking along the road for a couple of stretches was treacherous. I mean treacherous. In my humble opinion and where I to do it again I would take a day glow bandanna or something. Some bright non-natural color to attach to my walking stick and pack to wave at oncoming cars. There is no median or shoulder. You are walking on the white line between the road and the guard rail. Take it easy.
When going through the shopping area, DO NOT CROSS THE BRIDGE. For us the marker “seemed hidden”. Go up the hill toward the gas station.
yes you are right, I made the same mistake a few years ago, its not well sign posted there.

Threshold

Walked St Jean to Val Carlos Aug 22 in a lite rain. Had a good meal at the shopping center. Saw one other peregrino all day. Easy small road hiking with a few steep parts. Considered the dire warnings about the route to Roncevalles and took a cab up there and got 2 beds in the basement!

Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets
Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

My husband and I are currently on the Camino Frances and just finished our walk for today into Logrono. A Peregrina ran up to us right after Viana visibly shaken. An elderly white haired man with...
The Camino needs pilgrims. Scare stories of a crowded Camino Frances are not helpfull. For a few days at the end of May and end of August there is pressure on accomodation for a few days after St...
It's been more than a week on the Camino for me so far, and while I've met amazingly kind-hearted pilgrims, amidst all the aches, pains and joys of the Camino, I had a negative experience at the...

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2022 Camino Guides