• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Anyone walked this route this year?

SabsP

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
some and then more. see my signature.
This route does appeal to me, especially because one of the stops is in Haro, one of the most beautiful towns in La Rioja. So, anyone walked it this year?
Would also be ideal because the nine stages can be done in a normal holiday so I don't have to take another sabbatical. Ah well, it will be for next year...

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
The route sounds fascinating, but there have been no replies to your question? Have you found out anything else in the meantime?

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Well, no answers because there are very FEW people on that way...
I walked it last year.
I met people in Irun where I started - most of them were to take the Costal road...
I met one Italian woman after the first day in Hernani.
And one German man just after Vitoria...

All the rest of the camino, I was on my own (and I started end of June!!!)

I did not reply as well because I took alternatives routes...
From Irun to Zegama on a Mountain way (ancient "transhumance" routes - at least what my German guide book said...)
And after la Puebla de Arganzon, I went via Miranda do Ebro directly westwards to Burgos.
So I "missed" Haro...

It was a different route than the "traditionnal" Tunnel route.
Really lonely, quite adventurous (as to way marking, food supplies, sleeping possibilities...) but as on the other caminos, I have to admit : "Santiago" takes care of you...

Nevertheless, Sabine, if you want some information, don't hesitate.

PS it took me 12 days, but mountain etapes had to be either short (+-15km) or very long (30km) and the alternative via Mirando to Burgos is a little longer - but to arrive farer westwards

Cheers Fatma, this is all very helpful info!!!
Seeing that this walk will be a " mere holiday " we might book a holiday house somewhere in between Haro ( and def. staying in Haro couple of days, love that city !! ) and Irun and let my partner drive me to " startingpoints "...We will see...Camino Ingles is also on my wishlist.

Merci/ bedankt!!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Danke Fatma! Very useful info. What a coincidence, going for a walk in Eupen with some friends this week. :)

Hello
I too did not reply because we walked from Hernani to Vitoria about 8 years ago but last year did go on holiday to Burgos,Logrono, Haro and Pamplona. We used public transport and booked hotels direct over the internet, we stayed a couple of nights in Haro and walked a bit of the route backwards to Brinas which was lovely and well marked going forwards. We did not see any pilgrims though. We used the local Spanish turismo websites for La Rioja , Navarre and Castile Leon.
All the local tourist offices have loads of information.
Liz

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi Liz,
Think we will also do a combination of walking parts and renting a casa rural some days.

Fatma, certainly Hohe Venn too... :)

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back